Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.11 - 27.0.11.3

[DE]Megan

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Tenebrous Ephemera Removal and Future Acquisition: 

TEMPORARILY removed the Tenebrous Ephemera as a drop from Reinforced Sentient Containers aboard the Sentient Anomaly in Veil Proxima. The drop method is causing numerous issues in terms of connectivity stability and player frustration. We’re going to be changing the acquisition method that won’t involve a direct drop rate in a near future Hotfix/Update, and will instead be closer to a token system (complete X Anomaly missions to buy Ephemera from a vendor).

• The Tenebrous Ephemera will be coming back as soon as possible in a better acquisition method

OMG I found one of those singing containers and there was just a couple of railjack resources in it!! Please tell me there's only a small chance the ephemera is in there and it didn't just rob me! XD

27.0.11.3, Veil Proxima, Gian Point, solo mode (so I'm host by default). About 20 fighters dead, no fighters counter visible:

2JgiMaB.jpg

Didn't see counter through all the mission (it was missing from start to end), but cephalon correctly mentioned "Fighters halved" on appropriate moment. By the end of the mission last batch of fighters took a bit too long to spawn, which made me worry about failing for technical reasons.

Done it and didn't lose any loot (and I'm grateful for it), but counter should be in its appropriate place.

So the archwing mods were not supposed to affect railjack? And just now you decided to fix it? So much for orokin battleship. Cryotic cannons nerfed, battle avionics nerfed, warframe buffs affecting ship nerfed, exp from missions heavenly nerfed. Veil ships "Nerfed" but by increasing the health the healing they receive from crewships is actually buffed. So it is true, isn't? NO FUN ALLOWED.

6 hours ago, lainverse said:

Good, this is how you actually reward the dedicated players rather than just make it a drop chance and reward random people instead of those who actually do it over and over again. This also should partially kill awful abort farm for these chests. Please add scenes there for tokens as well.

This is stupid. They should have left it the way it was until the new drop system implementation. This way only a few lucky people have it. There is litteraly no reason to remove the ephemra from the drop. Mind you that they always say for things they remove that they will implement it again in the future, but we now DE and how soon works: Raids, new war, war within, univarsal vacuum and so on.

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Affinity gained from all Omni tool Repairs and Forge actions aboard the Railjack is now shared with the squad!

Really? So went from a way to motivate ppl to do a boring action to NO MOTIVATION at all. Now no one will want to be responsible for that since it will be a LOSS of affinity as doing anything else will be better. If we gonna have affinity share, at least make it so ALL other activities are also shared.

38 minutes ago, Person7557 said:

So the archwing mods were not supposed to affect railjack? And just now you decided to fix it? So much for orokin battleship. Cryotic cannons nerfed, battle avionics nerfed, warframe buffs affecting ship nerfed, exp from missions heavenly nerfed. Veil ships "Nerfed" but by increasing the health the healing they receive from crewships is actually buffed. So it is true, isn't? NO FUN ALLOWED.

The railjack is not an archwing, so no, they weren’t supposed to affect it. I can’t believe the amount of shock and surprise at this fix. 

I'm not happy about this removal on the ephemera. I did over 1.7k runs with no reds and just 12 yellow caches. I'm no genius but can't we have the red cache increase spawn rate. Every run I was doing yellow seemed 1% chance to spawn and red 1% less. Why not increase them both but no, lets remove it because it seems way easier. I endured so much pain and now there's no point playing RJ. GG thanks DE.

TEMPORARILY removed the Tenebrous Ephemera as a drop from Reinforced Sentient Containers aboard the Sentient Anomaly in Veil Proxima. The drop method is causing numerous issues in terms of connectivity stability and player frustration. We’re going to be changing the acquisition method that won’t involve a direct drop rate in a near future Hotfix/Update, and will instead be closer to a token system (complete X Anomaly missions to buy Ephemera from a vendor).

• The Tenebrous Ephemera will be coming back as soon as possible in a better acquisition method

This is stupid. They should have left it the way it was until the new drop system implementation. This way only a few lucky people have it. There is litteraly no reason to remove the ephemra from the drop. Mind you that they always say for things they remove that they will implement it again in the future, but we now DE and how soon works: Raids, new war, war within, univarsal vacuum and so on.

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.11

The Great Reactor Buffings: 

(...)

Introducing global buffs for all Reactor types found in the wild. Any existing gear you have will simply be adjusted for Avionics capacity, which will automatically be a buff in all cases (note: the Vidar III’s range has been compressed significantly from a 30 -100 range to the new 90 -100 range, but we will not give you lower adjustments if you had a Vidar III Reactor with Avionics capacity values in the 90 -100 range before this change). 

(...)

What is the math for this?

If a person got a 30-89 will it be buffed to 90 (simple round)? Or will it be proportionately adjusted similar to temperature conversion (New = (600 + Old)/7), as in 30->90 (bottom range) and 89->94?

Just to make sure people are not getting the short end of the stick by having a 90-94 range that won't be buffed while a 89 is sure to pass theirs.

(I got a 98, so I don't really care myself, but the rest may)

Actually, nevermind, I just discovered. It's similar to the temperature adjust, and either someone didn't program it correctly to not buff 90 and higher, or they came back on what was written. My 98 became a 100.

Looking forward to a nerf, since I don't believe this was intended.

6 hours ago, 0meg4x said:

I was Okay with the way it was, the reintroduction of the Hold to Heavy Melee keeps messing me up everytime.

There were (only) really two things bugging me to death. The perma-healing enemies in Proxima, which made solo missions a total drag, and the forced "hold-E and destroy your melee combo"-function. The perma-healing is now fixed, which made RJ missions doable again (and now the rector boost has got me triggered again, as it is now possible to REALLY play around with the avionics). But the "hold E and destroy your melee combo counter"-function is still forced upon me, and sucks big-time. It only half-works anyway, it triggers heavy attacks but at the same time makes it unavoidable to also trigger unwanted heavy attacks.

During a normal 60 min. arbitration and playing with a melee weapon and a stance I know well (stored in my brainstem) I still trigger multiple WTF-heavy attacks, losing all combo-driven stuff from my build immediately. This might be due to trying to time the hits to actual enemies & moving fluidly, which is now doable with melee 3.0. But rather than being a source of enjoyment it is annoying as hell, totally counter-intuitive and even sort of destroys the appreciation for the new melee 3.0. Which I first disliked (because it changed things a lot), then learned to enjoy and love, and then have learned to almost hate because of the (re-)introduction of the forced "hold-E and destroy your combo"-function.

I would be totally happy with removing hold-E completely forever, but since that would make at least a few fellow Tennos unhappy the least you could do is allow me to opt out of this. Or, even more logically, set the no-"hold-E" as the new standard (as it originally was in melee 3.0, with good reason) but allow those wanting to still use hold-E to "opt back into the old way".

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

okay, now please create intentional secondary Mods for these effects instead, so that Players have the option to invest more Slots into some main Stats for the Ship with the tradeoff paying extra Slots for them. they don't have to be super strong or anything, just decent additional increases.

also for the love of god, look at the Shield Mod vs the Health Mod and tell me that these two Stats aren't ridiculously far apart. 
why are Shields between +48% and +72%, while Health is between +90% and +506%. plus Armor.
why is the Shield Mod not even in the same Zipcode as the Health Mod. i would recommend Multiplying the minimum of Shield Mods by 2.5x, resulting in +120%, and the maximum by 3x, resulting in +216%.

these numbers gives Players without upgraded versions of Bulkhead somewhere to upgrade into for the short term (since the Shield Mod would offer a much more relevant increase and so could be paired on top of Health&Armor), and in the long term just makes Shield Capacity have some real relevance compared to Health+Armor.

it's also probably a good idea to seriously consider making the Archwing buff Mods just affect all Allies within 1Klick including the Ship and be those secondary Mods, with adjusting their values accordingly (most of them are hardly even worth using for anything because of being so weak, while a couple are a bit nuts).
this is because nobody is going to Equip these Mods just to buff Archwings, especially considering that most of the Mods are very, very weak.

Is there even a point to shields when the easiest earth mission can wipe my level 3 shields? I have the super hull and I'm hunting for the super shield regen but I'm wondering if after all that effort will the easiest earth mission still wipe my shields?

Thank you for the reactor buff. Though I would rather see the RNG stats be removed entirely and leave it for the bonus effects the item has, this is a step in the right direction. I hope that you continue with it and apply it to the other parts as well. For those who scrapped your old Vidar reactors with bad rolls and regret it, I urge you to contact DE's support team. They will restore 'em.

To the dev team: Reminder that half of Archwing's combat (melee) is still entirely nonfunctional unless you've got a Veritux or Prisma Veritux equipped. For the most part, Arch-melee weapons are unusable, and have been like that for months. And that really sucks, since Archwing is supposed to be a big part of Empyrean and it doesn't even work right now.

On a non-related-to-Archwing note: It would be highly appreciated if you gave kitguns the same pass as you gave zaws, and allow them to wear weapon skins. I'd love to use your fancy new Sigma-series pistol one.

5 hours ago, Evhel said:

So wait, did i farm weeks and weeks for a 90+ reactor and now you give them for free? You know that's basically like saying i completely wasted my time, for playing the game, right? Good for those who didn't farm it yet but that's a punch in the face to those who invested- now wasted- time end effort in the game.

At least run a script to increase all the already owned reactors to 100. (Which btw isn't even enough to put a mod in every slot. Buff it to 120/130, the Zetki is just too close now)

I have no words.

q5tmfm14rpw31.jpg

Just letting you know there's still a few lingering CONTROLLER KEYBIND issues making it essentially impossible to keybind RJ on a controller without issues.

gamer ps4 GIF

1. While there is a "scroll power" left and right buttons, there is no "fire ability" button on railjack screen. Dpad down appears to "fire" an ability, but it seems to fire the last used ability and not the selected ability, making you spam five particle ram in a row even if you just moved the cursor to void hole. Why even have scroll power keys if you can't shoot the power you scrolled to.
  2. When you attempt to keybind the Ability Menu anywhere else than R1, it causes an issue where it's impossible to close Ability Menu after firing an ability... I had to abort games because i was stuck being only able to fire missiles and not resume control of my ship.
  3. There is still no "Tactical Menu" keybind in ability menu section and in railjack section... Meaning the only place you can put it currently is in the general section, which is already key starved. At least make it available in the Ability Menu like on PS4 please... And ideally make it accessible while driving the RJ as a keybind.
  4. Move Up / Move Down keys are linked between the general and railjack tab for some reason, making it very hard to change them because trying to move them in RJ screen will cause "melee stance conflicts"
  5. No ability to unbind stuff you don't need (like the side camera and the scroll left and right power if using ability menu). The side camera especially has to go , as it curently often breaks the hud for the rest of the mission when hit by mistake, and you simply can't get rid of it even though it's essentially useless. Meanwhile no tactical menu keybind...
  6. No ability to bind power 1-2-3 to let's say D pad (on PS4 it seems when you have nothing bound to the dpad that works, but since on PC you cannot unbind , you can't get it work.

SO YEAH , PLEASE FIX THESE CONTROLLER ISSUES, ideally while drinking like Steve !

steve GIF 

52 minutes ago, CityOfVillians said:

Is there even a point to shields when the easiest earth mission can wipe my level 3 shields? I have the super hull and I'm hunting for the super shield regen but I'm wondering if after all that effort will the easiest earth mission still wipe my shields?

Shields aren't a replacement for Health, just like anywhere in the game, but my own Ship outregens pretty much all Damage so long as it stays mobile.

but having Capacity bonuses that were more relevant would let Shields offer more than just that, which is similar to elsewhere in the game, that Shields offers almost exclusively regenning out of chip Damage or non Spike Damage. but it could offer more if....
the game ever allowed Mods/Et Cetera to let it offer more, instead of comically paranoid weak stuff for Shields while giving Health everything. and then wondering why most Players only use Health when Shields are essentially actively prevented from being really good.

2 hours ago, R4dioS1lence said:

Actually, nevermind, I just discovered. It's similar to the temperature adjust, and either someone didn't program it correctly to not buff 90 and higher, or they came back on what was written. My 98 became a 100.

Looking forward to a nerf, since I don't believe this was intended.

it's exactly as intended - if your roll was of a certain Percentile in the previous Range, it retains that Percentile in the new Range.

ex - my +99 was turned into a +100 because before it was somewhere between the 98th and 99th Percentile, and in the new Range that meant it rounded up higher.
if you want to visualize that better, take the before and after Ranges, and convert them into out of 100.

Archived