Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.11 - 27.0.11.3

[DE]Megan

[BUG?]Refilling payload from drydock ignores engineering bonuses.

I have not tried yet from RJ but engineering bonus when forging payload definitely is not being applied when in drydock.

[BUG]Piloting 10 no longer shows a proc when ramming into crewships while boosting.  Not clear if it is doing damage either.  Pre-update it definitely did some damage and applied the proc.

Not sure which, if any, intrinsics are actually working at this point because all of the obvious ones seem not to be now.

Il y a 15 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :
  • Refining in the Forge Bay with a controller now requires you to click and hold X for 1 second instead of simply clicking X.
    • This addresses accidental Refining due to mashing X to open the Forge window.  

Doesn't works properly : you need to hold while not using controller too, and that's very annoying, i'd like even to get a normal click to craft (not holding)

16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Wreckage Repairs that are partially funded or waiting for completion (timer not expired yet) can now be cancelled! Resources funded will be returned and the Wreckage will remain in your Inventory to be Repaired or Scrapped later.

It took you 10 patches and a month to do just that? Thank you, now i may reconsider to play this game again.

It is nice that the reactors actually have less RNG now, especially given the high cost and relatively low drop rates.

This being said, it's pretty backwards to have them as they stand.  Let's review.

Shields balance capacity, recharge, and recharge delay.  You've got high refresh, high quantity, and moderate.  That makes sense as a balance, assuming that shields were useful rather than just a bullet catching mechanism.  I'm looking at you promises of shield gating that began and die with Hildryn.

Engines balance boost and base speed.  OK.

What does the reactor balance?  It balances all system resources versus a craftable offensive weapon capacity.  What?  

Let's fix that.  Let's also alter the current systems as little as possible, because three weeks into the content you've done nothing substantive beyond numerical shifts.  I would suggest that doing the same is the best potential course of action.  Now the reactor balances weapons recharge versus flux capacity.  That's right, eject the avionics capacity shenanigans entirely.  Eject the overheating mechanic, because it's pretty stupid to have basic primary weapons that don't overheat but output an order of magnitude more damage.  What do you replace it with?  Yep, avionics now have the same grid, but upgrading each grid point with Dirac both adds a boost and additional capacity.  You therefore don't have to worry about RNG rolls, you have to farm Dirac to proceed and have the ability to slot in those Zekti avionics.  The weapons balance with the reactor means Polar Coil becomes Power Bank, which instead of decreasing accumulated heat gives you a larger pools of energy to fire weapons before running out.

Why do this?  Let's explore:

1. Balance.  You have to prioritize weaponry or flux as your primary attack.  This makes a lot more diversity in builds possible as a resource hungry bruiser can easily be paralleled by a gunboat designed railjack.  You no longer have to decide between stats and flux, where flux compromise is an easy choice.
  2. Grind.  Getting all that Dirac will matter, so you can boost your vehicle.  This will create two progression path.  The primary would be to focus all Dirac spending on a single slot to boost a good avionic, or to spread it out and have more avionics with less oomph.  Either way this makes your primary obstacle obtaining Dirac, and the random drop of avionics will be the minor rewards you receive to make that grind good.  As an example, you star with a basic bulkhead.  You slot it in, and have a minor boost.  Two runs later you get a Lavan bulkhead, and not enough Dirac to level up.  Your're given a reward, which actually is a hidden incentive to keep playing and unlocking the grid to be able to use it.  This is grind that feels rewarding, and will keep people coming back.
  3. No more garbage avionics.  Hearing me out here, the winged series and a few others are scrap right now so you can have battle and tactical avionics.  Often people trade off battle avionics to fill the basic slots, given their limited performance.  With the new system no slot need be ignored to fit things.  Think win-win for more engagement and more usage for avionic.
  4. Better build diversity.  Right now a lot of items are strictly x>y>z.  This means all drops not x are garbage.  To fix this make the houses have niches, and the niches matter.  As currently setup avionics>flux because flux can be crafted but avionics cannot.  This is a real detriment to any active choices being made.
  5.  Deliver on those old demo videos.  You had an energy balance mechanic in an old video (shields, engines, and weapons).  You obviously scrapped it because it was an annoyance to maintain.  This suggestion effectively brings it back without the micromanagement.  It wasn't a bad idea, but it was something which needed to be organically integrated rather than a bolt-on.  

DE, please listen to the player base, we want to see you rewarded for giving us something good. You need to do more than basic bug fixing and number alterations.

14 hours ago, darkemplar8 said:

Please do. I'm hoping there will be something done about it for all the tenno who also scrapped their reactors. Even if it doesn't occur, it's great that reactors have been buffed up from an abysmal 30 min capacity to the now 70-90 minimum. Although now that makes me wonder: what's the point of sigma reactors if we can get better reactors by playing/joining pub veil missions.

They did in fact refund them. I am going to keep my other stuff for the time being just in case something happens like this to other parts.

So instead of giving player control/choice to the stats, you just make the window a bit smaller. Has the drop rate of the reactors been adjusted to compensate as well? Or are there plans to allow the use of Dirac or some other resource to upgrade wreckage from, for example, 90 avionics to 100 avionics capacity?

20 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Removed the slight red tint that was always displayed on the Shedu glow, no matter your Energy color choices.

No, it's still there. The only "red tint" you've taked away was on the Shedu itself, but how about THE MOST IMPORTANT RED TINT? I can't use the weapon, i'm still seeing weird after doing this video (i'm using the most pue black to show it. It's still appears with other energy colors, making this WORSE). I can't use the Shedu like this, please, fix it.

21 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Railjack Additions, Changes, and Fixes:

• Affinity gained from all Omni tool Repairs and Forge actions aboard the Railjack is now shared with the squad!
    • Previously, only the player who performed the Repair with the Omni tool/Forge action gained Affinity. Now, when any individual completes tasks with the Omni tool or Forge, the Affinity will be shared across all members. This is not restricted to those onboard the Railjack - those flying around in your Archwing or taking out Crewships will also benefit. The goal here is to have the efforts of one benefit all and ultimately help each other earn Intrinsics for shared activities that keep the Railjack afloat. 

Nice addition but going stealth kills crewship/galleon members is still the best way to gain intrinsics. Is-it possible to make those shared to ?

DE, now you need to nerf grineer footsoldiers' armor and health on railjack missions. I know they supposed to be a challenge, but it is not challenging, it is anoying and boring, right now I prefer to ignore enemy crew completely: they simply take too much of my time, and time is valueble resourse on railjack missions. If you do not want grineer footsoldiers to be dead in a seconds after player appear before them, you need to overhaul all damage and leveling systems completely, with modding of warframes and weapons too.

These footsoldiers looks absolutely absurd in comparison with Sentients and Infested on the same railjack missions. Especially when we are know, that lorewise Infested and Sentients are far more formidable threat than Grineer.

I just lost my Zetki Hull Weave. Its just gone and NO i didnt Scrapped it. I dont Scrap Avionics.

And i know the Winged Mods was not meant to be for the Railjack Stats but WHY should i use a Mod which just doesnt Buff my Railjack? Its not like we have enough Slots or too much Avionic Capacity.. totally waste of a Slot now! Dead Mods like Power Donation.

33 minutes ago, Herr_Metzger said:

DE, now you need to nerf grineer footsoldiers' armor on railjack missions. I know they supposed to be a challenge, but it is not challenging, it is anoying and boring, right now I prefer to ignore enemy crew completely: they simply take too much of my time, and time is valueble resourse on railjack missions. If you do not want grineer footsoldiers to be dead in a seconds after player appear before them, you need to overhaul all damage and leveling systems completely, with modding of warframes and weapons too.

These footsoldiers looks absolutely absurd by comparison with Sentients and Infested on the same railjack missions. Especially when we are know, that lorewise Infested and Sentients are far more formidable threat than Grineer.

Yes, they need to be brought in line with everything else. It's not that you have to do anything special to beat them besides chopping on them with a meta melee; they just take longer than equivalent enemies. They're kinda like practice dummies: just wail away at them while they stand there pulling out wires.

Archived