Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1/16/2020 hotfix just broke my game. Says I'm offline.

(NSW)KvotheKingKiller

If anyone from DE sees this, please respond. I was just online when the hotfix dropped this morning (1/16/20) and now it tells everyone I'm offline when I'm not, and it will not let me send or receive invites or friend requests, and my friends list says zero people online when I'm literally looking at several of my friends' names in my clan chat window that are currently online. I'm on Switch, and I've restarted my Switch 4x now and it is not fixing it. This Empyrean update for the Switch has broken so many things. DE. PLEASE FIX THIS!

I’m not personally experiencing this but I’ve met a lot of people on general chat and my friends list experiencing this same issue.  This has also been going on a bit longer than the hotfix, I first heard of it from someone at about Midnight EST.  These were the attempted fixes:

-Use /normal to end /dnd

-Toggle party options in the upper left corner around before resetting it back to global

-Open options change the matchmaking settings around, set it back to all invites and make sure the game saves

-Open options and perform a network analysis

All of these attempts did not fix it and everyone told me their network analysis reported “all systems nominal” they still appear as offline even though I can send them whispers, and in one case a friend request.   However, they can not join groups and all attempts to invite them into a group result in “This player is offline”

This is beyond my means to troubleshoot and I have no idea what could cause it to happen.

If you want the user names for specific affected people I worked with I can pm their names for their troubleshooting unless they’ve already contacted you directly.

This is happening to me as well however it is also acting as if I'm in solo when I'm in public. It will not find me any squads... It will say 3 open squads and load me alone after attempting to "find squad" If I attempt to go on Railjack missions, (I have not finished my own) It says it has can't find open squads when I'm sitting next to my husband who has is railjack and has one person in his squad....  IF DE has a fix I would love to hear what it is I feel like I've attempted every trouble shooting step I know of including disconnecting my ethernet and attempting to use wifi. This resulted in me appearing online to my husband (finally) however any attempt to invite me results in "This message could not be delivered." and I receive nothing.

UPDATE: So my husband and I have found something that lets us party together. The funny thing is it still says the other is offline while we are on the same squad. So my husband starts his mission, it can't find him a squad so it makes him host. Once he is in the loading screen with his ship and loading bar I then select the same mission. Miraculously it connects me to his session. We have been able to repeat this 2 days in a row now with the index and Alad V as our joining/beginning missions. So apparently I can only join open squads if they are still in the loading screen. If anyone else wants to try this I'd love to hear the results.

Worked for about 2 hours, after waking both units, does not work again.

=-=-=-=-=

Ignore below, working now 
thank you   (as of a few hours ago)

=-=-=-=-=-=-
Just posted this in the hotfix section, similar: 
I thought it was since tuesday, but could have been wed

Two switches on network connection
So i read the update and saw: 
>> Improved network protocols to improve matchmaking, presence, and game-invitations in certain Eastern European regions without open access to the internet.

Any chance this re-introduced Strict NAT issue?    
Been playing for about 6 months 2 switches one network connection (comcast).  We've been able to bypass ("B") the NAT warning message in the past, but since about tuesday (i know great coincidence) my wife and I have not been able to squad up (show offline to each other, but can message/chat with each other).  Solo missions are fine.  Have not tried joining/inviting other parties.   There has been absolutely no changes in our configurations, so it's an ISP or code thing (IMO).   Followed all the DMZ/port forwarding/reset router/power off-on suggestions, still no connection

Hi,this has been happening to me for serveral days.I...

-Cannot be invited to games

-Cannot invite people to games

-Cannot Connect to Public Matches

-Cannot be PM'd

For whatever reason,the game displays me as offline for the purposes of invitations and messages.

Things where shakey after the update,and I've only been able to join one session,that being a railjack mission.After that it all went to hell.

This is a horrible bug,I hope it's fixed.

On 2020-01-16 at 10:02 PM, (NSW)ShortieKate said:

This is happening to me as well however it is also acting as if I'm in solo when I'm in public. It will not find me any squads... It will say 3 open squads and load me alone after attempting to "find squad" If I attempt to go on Railjack missions, (I have not finished my own) It says it has can't find open squads when I'm sitting next to my husband who has is railjack and has one person in his squad....  IF DE has a fix I would love to hear what it is I feel like I've attempted every trouble shooting step I know of including disconnecting my ethernet and attempting to use wifi. This resulted in me appearing online to my husband (finally) however any attempt to invite me results in "This message could not be delivered." and I receive nothing.

This was really helpful. I thought I was the only one experiencing that. The game acts as if I am on solo mode even though it’s set on public. It keeps saying that it couldn’t find me any squads. The only way I can do missions with random people is when I am the host.

I can host public squads, but cannot join.  Cannot give or receive squad invites.  Network test says systems nominal. I have used /normal, toggled party settings, reset all configurations to default, then restarted, changed UDP ports, then restarted, still encountering the same problems.

Jesus, this blew up on me, lol. So...I actually did create a support ticket with DE about this as well, and they have gotten back with me a few times. It hasn't officially been resolved, but I did have some success with trying one thing in particular out, that the DE support guy suggested to me, and one of my clanmate who is an I.T. guy suggested after he worked on figuring it out all day. I also even found a YouTube video from one channel of a PC player that discussed this at length and he had a theory as well, and it all seems to be linked somewhat, so I wanted to post my findings this far.

It seems that it may possibly be due to server overload from so many people being online playing right after the Empyrean update. I had a similar problem back last summer when we got that Dog Days event update as well and it makes me think that it was server overload then as well. Anyways, these are the three things I have found so far that are working for some people.

1. The new update HATES sleep mode and/or letting your Switchsit idle for long periods of time while you're afk (like a few hours or longer). Do not let your Switch go to sleep mode while playing or directly after playing Warframe and try to reopen Warframe immediately after taking it out of sleep mode. When you are done playing, turn your Switch completely off, after closing Warframe out.

2. Possible corrupt files from the update download. There is a spot under data management on your Switch's settings where you can check for this. It's the same screen where you can delete/archive data, if you scroll down to the bottom, you can see an option for "check for corrupt data". It will take several minutes to do this, but if it detects anything, you should delete/archive Warframe and redownload it. This didn't come up with anything for me, but maybe it will work for some of you.

3. It may be your wifi/network connection. Try taking your Switch somewhere and connecting on a different network than the one you normally connect to, whether it be a friend/relatives house or just a public network like at a coffee shop or something. This was the trick that worked for me, and to test it out, I went to a local place with a public connection I could get on, and after logging on using their wifi, my game worked just fine, once again seeing all my friends online and myself appearing online again. As a result, I went back home and tested it again, and once again, I was appearing offline on my home wifi. I ultimately ended up unplugging my modem and resetting my router, and after doing this, I was able to appear online again on my home wifi and was back to normal playing with my friends again all night last night. It's only been one day so far, so I can't confirm that this is a permanent fix or anything, but it worked for me, so the least I can do is share the info with everyone.

I hope some of this information is helpful, and even if it just helps one of you guys, I'll at least feel like it did some good. I'll try to post back here once I hear from DE officially on my support ticket on their final determination on the matter, but as of today I still haven't heard back from them since they told me to test it on another network and get back to them. Best of luck, everyone.

ShortieKate's husband here "UPDATE: So my husband and I have found something that lets us party together. The funny thing is it still says the other is offline while we are on the same squad. So my husband starts his mission, it can't find him a squad so it makes him host. Once he is in the loading screen with his ship and loading bar I then select the same mission. Miraculously it connects me to his session. We have been able to repeat this 2 days in a row now with the index and Alad V as our joining/beginning missions. So apparently I can only join open squads if they are still in the loading screen. If anyone else wants to try this I'd love to hear the results." we will be attempting to reset our WiFi today when i get back from school if anyone wants me to see if they can join us send a pm and i'll get them into a discord to try someone who is not on our network.

So another update...mine is not working again...guess that whole resetting the modem & router thing isn't as good as I'd hoped. It works on occasion, but very rarely. Another update...DE hasn't said a single word to me in reply on my support ticket regarding this in over 4 days now...and I've sent them like 4 messages in that timeframe, the final one just straight up asking them if they're even going to give me a reply back...

Like, I get it if ur just gonna blow me off...but at least have the balls to just tell me to my face "hey man, sorry we are clueless on how to fix this rn. We can't help you." or something. I could still accept this better than just giving me the silent treatment and/or just ignoring me outright. Great support staff they got over there.

UPDATE: finally got a reply from DE on my support ticket, and I am back online! Here is what they suggested, and can confirm it worked for me, so this should fix this problem that anyone else is having, as long as it is this identical issue. See reply below:

Hi KvotheKingKiller,

I'm very sorry for the delay in responding to your ticket request. We are experiencing a temporary backlog in tickets right now.

Can you please try changing the DNS settings of your console by following the steps below:

1. From the home screen go System Settings
  2. Select Internet, then Internet Settings
  3. Press A on network you are connected to and select Change Settings
  4. Select DNS Settings and choose Manual. Two options will appear under, set them to the following.

Primary: 8.8.8.8
    Secondary: 8.8.4.4

• If this does not work, please try 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1(IPv4) instead for testing purposes.

Note: If these show as 008.008.008.008 and 008.008.004.004, you have changed the setting correctly

1. Select Save

If the problem persists, please let us know.

EDIT :Dns change did seem to fix the issue not sure what the big difference between the dns I was using that did work and the new one, but it does work now, did a relic mission and it went flawlessly time will tell if it concrete fix.

having this issue as well started today for the first time and its super annoying sometimes I can get in and have no issues but as soon as I do a mission and complete it upon account update all hell breaks lose and it says im not online any more

so effectively I can sit in my orbiter but can not do missions …..um so there's that

am trying the new dns setting see if it changes anything

My friend and I were able to play together up until we tried to do a railjack mission shortly after they came out, and haven't been able to since.

We're both just in each other's offline list, usually listed as having last been online a few minutes previous.

Archived