Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe "glitching" Micro SD Card

(NSW)ImNotSal

Recently, Warframe seems to bring corrupt data on to my Switch, just not in a straight forward way.

When I download the game (on my Micro SD Card), at first, it seems to work fine. When I close my Switch and then open later during the day, my Switch claims my Micro SD Card isn't in the system anymore, despite it actually being in there. After this, the Micro SD Card randomly gets detected again, and says there's corrupt data (corrupt data appears in my Micro SD Card and my Internal Storage). This only happens with this game.

If this problem isn't caused by the game, then I think I might know what's wrong (my Micro SD Card might be "breaking" after a certain amount of storage is used, or games with large install sizes might also be "breaking" my Micro SD Card).

This has been happening since the update prior to Empyrean and is still currently happening.

Side note: the loading time when I turn on my Switch increases.

If you're wondering, I have an PNY 64GB Elite Micro SDXC Card.

Thanks! 😃

Edited by (NSW)ImNotSal
Just wanted to add a sign of gratitude. 😃

12 hours ago, (NSW)ImNotSal said:

Recently, Warframe seems to bring corrupt data on to my Switch, just not in a straight forward way.

When I download the game (on my Micro SD Card), at first, it seems to work fine. When I close my Switch and then open later during the day, my Switch claims my Micro SD Card isn't in the system anymore, despite it actually being in there. After this, the Micro SD Card randomly gets detected again, and says there's corrupt data (corrupt data appears in my Micro SD Card and my Internal Storage). This only happens with this game.

If this problem isn't caused by the game, then I think I might know what's wrong (my Micro SD Card might be "breaking" after a certain amount of storage is used, or games with large install sizes might also be "breaking" my Micro SD Card).

This has been happening since the update prior to Empyrean and is still currently happening.

Side note: the loading time when I turn on my Switch increases.

If you're wondering, I have an PNY 64GB Elite Micro SDXC Card.

Thanks! 😃

Hey man! I can tell you that some of my clan mates are having the same problem. The common denominator in all of them is that they were using a cheap SD card. You see? The SD cards (much like any other memory) have a problem. It's not reading what corrupt them, but rather deleting and rewriting data. This cycle wears down the memory and I've found that cheap SD ones wear it down faster than some of better quality (I have a Sandisk one since the Switch launch and is still working after more than a year storing warframe). Warframe it's also a game that does this cycle of deleting and writing a lot more than others (also due to the amount of updates it receives), in fact, this is the problem why the old blood update got stuck in cert hell, they were worried precisely of this happening.

Now, I can't say if your SD is of good quality, but to tell you the truth, it's the first time I've heard of that brand and a quick search for it on amazon doesn't even find it in the first pages of results, so it might probably be a not so good card. That or you had bad luck with yours. But it is almost 100% sure an SD issue.

Edited by (NSW)Belaptir
Forgot to add something

vor 14 Stunden schrieb (NSW)ImNotSal:

PNY 64GB Elite Micro SDXC

And there is the problem.

Get a Sandisk.

Right now on my Amazon, your used PNY is listed DOUBLE the price then a faster SanDisk Extreme of the same size, heck, even the 128GB version is cheaper.

The SanDisk Extreme PLUS (even faster) at 128GB is listed for the same price as your PNY.

You have been scammed by buying a PuNY.

3 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Hey man! I can tell you that some of my clan mates are having the same problem. The common denominator in all of them is that they were using a cheap SD card. You see? The SD cards (much like any other memory) have a problem. It's not reading what corrupt them, but rather deleting and rewriting data. This cycle wears down the memory and I've found that cheap SD ones wear it down faster than some of better quality (I have a Sandisk one since the Switch launch and is still working after more than a year storing warframe). Warframe it's also a game that does this cycle of deleting and writing a lot more than others (also due to the amount of updates it receives), in fact, this is the problem why the old blood update got stuck in cert hell, they were worried precisely of this happening.

Now, I can't say if your SD is of good quality, but to tell you the truth, it's the first time I've heard of that brand and a quick search for it on amazon doesn't even find it in the first pages of results, so it might probably be a not so good card. That or you had bad luck with yours. But it is almost 100% sure an SD issue.

1 hour ago, NoSpax said:

And there is the problem.

Get a Sandisk.

Right now on my Amazon, your used PNY is listed DOUBLE the price then a faster SanDisk Extreme of the same size, heck, even the 128GB version is cheaper.

The SanDisk Extreme PLUS (even faster) at 128GB is listed for the same price as your PNY.

You have been scammed by buying a PuNY.

Thanks to you both! When I first got Warframe, this never happened, so I assumed it was a glitch. 

I don't know if this is too much to ask but if I transfer the data from this Micro SDXC Card to another, will anything bad happen? My Switch isn't currently recognizing the Micro SDXC Card and the last time this happened I don't know how my Switch recognized it again.

Thanks so much!

24 minutes ago, (NSW)ImNotSal said:

Thanks to you both! When I first got Warframe, this never happened, so I assumed it was a glitch. 

I don't know if this is too much to ask but if I transfer the data from this Micro SDXC Card to another, will anything bad happen? My Switch isn't currently recognizing the Micro SDXC Card and the last time this happened I don't know how my Switch recognized it again.

Thanks so much!

I'm not sure you can transfer the data from a micro sd to another. Specifically I don't know if the switch will recognize the data it had in the new micro sd. Worst thing it might happen is that you need to format the new card and redownload all the games on it. But it won't damage the console or the new sd in any case.

3 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

I'm not sure you can transfer the data from a micro sd to another. Specifically I don't know if the switch will recognize the data it had in the new micro sd. Worst thing it might happen is that you need to format the new card and redownload all the games on it. But it won't damage the console or the new sd in any case.

You can transfer data between two SD cards. You need a computer, of course, but it is possible. There’s a video from ReviewTechUSA that explains it fairly well (forgive the first minute of jokes and stuff (it begins at around 3:50), but it’s a pretty straightforward tutorial):

4 hours ago, (NSW)MasterJ93 said:

You can transfer data between two SD cards. You need a computer, of course, but it is possible. There’s a video from ReviewTechUSA that explains it fairly well (forgive the first minute of jokes and stuff (it begins at around 3:50), but it’s a pretty straightforward tutorial):

Thank you!

• 4 years later...

I tried to install the Dante unbound update today, it corrupted my SD card and somehow added write protection so I can't format it and try again. Even though it didn't have write protection to begin with. That was a waste of money!