Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can DE please make the railjack navigation host only

Jinsoyun

And please place in a leave mission without the abort option having to be used..it's really confusing on what you keep in-between a mission to mission or to the dry dock... for example return to your orbiter or join another crew...I don't blame a captain for wanting to stay and scavenge, nor do I blame players who want to go..they both need an clearer exit.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 2

If navigation - as in selecting nodes - make it host only but also make it have a vote screen like before normal starchart missions. And allow players to leave safely and with no confusion if they don't want to keep going.

If piloting - Nope. Absolutely not. It defeats team play and team versatility. If I'm the host I don't want to be forced to pilot at all times. I like to multitask as much as possible. Specially when playing with friends, when we can communicate using voice and thus everyone can fill pretty much all positions required if near.

12 minutes ago, Kaokasalis said:

Do you mean piloting? Navigation would rather imply selecting which node to go to and its already the host who gets to decide that.

Also you should keep feedback to the feedback section of the forum.

I'm usually the host and other people  have selected nodes in my navigation many times. 

Console railjack is nightmarish buggy though since we haven't received any of the PC updates so maybe that's the cause. 

If the OP means that only the host can pilot though then i'd probably quit railjack. I was one of the earliest ships out there when it launched on console and my ship is pretty awesome now. But piloting is the least enjoyable part of the mission to me. I'd hate to be forced into it just because i'm tired of waiting for other people to host the nodes I want when I want. 

35 minutes ago, Kaokasalis said:

Do you mean piloting? Navigation would rather imply selecting which node to go to and its already the host who gets to decide that.

Also you should keep feedback to the feedback section of the forum.

Not exactly, I was doing a mission and making more ammo after the mission ended and someone else went and selected the Dojo.

Missed those 60 Prustrels! The jerk!

host only, sure, but not pilot only, because not everyone who owns their railjack likes to pilot. it's one of those roles where you just assume the owner is gonna fly it, but some just prefer gunning or keeping their railjack in on piece with repairs; more peace of mind if you're doing the repairs rather than leaving it to randoms, plus you know you won't run out of Goop unexpectedly.

• Like 1

I'm gonna have to say No, navigation should NOT be host-only.  I say this purely based on my experience when railjack first released.  My friend who was host got soft-locked due to being inside a crewship when it despawned and was unable to move, use menus, gearwheel or anything, and I could not interact with the navigation console (because back then it WAS only the host would could use it) to take us back to the dry dock.  Having the navigation be selectable by only the host makes it so that clients can essentially be held hostage and either go along with what the host does, or abort. 

That said, what Really needs to happen is to just add the vote system like regular missions have and let everyone be able to interact with the navigation console once allobjectives are completed.

Edited by Lokidus_Prime

13 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

If navigation - as in selecting nodes - make it host only but also make it have a vote screen like before normal starchart missions. And allow players to leave safely and with no confusion if they don't want to keep going.

If piloting - Nope. Absolutely not. It defeats team play and team versatility. If I'm the host I don't want to be forced to pilot at all times. I like to multitask as much as possible. Specially when playing with friends, when we can communicate using voice and thus everyone can fill pretty much all positions required if near.

upvoting for vote system

• Like 1

• 1 year later...