Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Empyrean - Dry Dock Steam Controller UI issues (lengthy explication)

memepool

When you open up the railjack menu via the console, you are presented with a variety of menu options. I suspect that these menus are currently overlapping and have been for awhile but have not been gamebreaking until the recent change in the amount of scrap that you can carry.

In the Components Menu, I am unable to select either the Shield Array, Engines or Reactor. This is unfortunate as these are items that drop fairly often either from enemies or mission rewards AND if I can't scrap them AND I'm at capacity, I will not be able to do any missions. This is also unfortunate because I will be unable to see the stats of the items I've acquired or even swap them out for anything else.

In the Armaments Menu, I am presented with the option to change weapons or scrap them but regardless of which weapon I choose, I am presented with the option to remove the equipped weapon. This is problematic because the loop is not closed and choosing YES will grant you the same window alert again. In fact, this option appears the moment you open the Armaments Menu.

In the Avionics Menu, I am presented with the option to put avionics into a grid but the option to REMOVE avionics is overlapping with the option to UPGRADE avionics so if I hit "X" to remove avionic, I am presented with the ability to UPGRADE the GRID. This is problematic for a number of reasons but the workaround (for me) has been to select an avionic of lesser capacity and then loop back to the next grid slot, insert the correct capacity then loop back and replace the placeholder avionic. This solution is extremely problematic if I chose to continue to pilot my own railjack as the time spent modding the railjack is significantly increased by my confusion. Note that my confusion isn't born by my misunderstanding of the current system but rather the intent to create an avionic build that matches my needs for MOST railjack missions paired with the avionic capacity limits cause confusion.

In the Payload Menu, I am presented with the option to replenish my railjack and this is fine for the most part as I can't currently test it. Same with the Intrinsics menu but these both are much simpler and intuitive to use.

In the Customization Menu, Renaming Railjack took me quite some time to get it to stick. In fact, this is where the primary Components menu is stuck focusing on as I cannot open anything there. If I try to choose a glyph, glyphs are partially loaded (only half the top ones are visible). When I modify the interior of the ship, the colors stick on the ship but not in the color picker.

--

I'm not too frustrated by all these issues but I'd like to shine a light on this.