Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lich is Actually Dumb

(PSN)JAyMaN002

I see people complain about it. But it’s past complaining. It really just brings an inconvenience to the game. It genuinely feels like having a little sibling actually trying to kill you. 

For a while I’ve been tired of bosses in this game having this random imperviousness to literally everything in your tool belt except some imaginary code prompt  

the Lich brings nothing new when it follows the exact same thing. Instead it just comes after you personally. Also how do they “steal your stuff” after a mission? 

advice: 

They could take notes from Shadow of Mordor. Give them actual characterization & worthy dialogue, and coincide with your current gameplay, and not interfere with it. 

When fighting it, it should be strictly QTE based like God of War style, to isolate them from other enemies. It’s redundant to do the “shields go down...shields go back up” method. But I think the game as a whole could use more tidal-lock functions, especially for melee. 

Seriously erase all the extra damage they do, and give him unique fighting tactics that make us feel like fighting a Warframe ourselves—some acrobatics, wall-latching—use our own tactics against us. My guy just leap-frogs around the map which makes it feel like I’m fighting a cartoon...a very annoying cartoon.  

Blow up parts of their armor to do visual damage, so we can see what we’re doing (like when fighting Lek Krill, and his tubes go flying). There’s no detail or destructibility to the fight. If we win the fight without doing the final kill sequence, our last QTE hit should dismember them—like a leg or an arm. Shadow of Mordor did this, and they would return with the actual wound of the damage you did. Since we’re in space, they could have some robot arm/ cannon replacement (I know they claim this is in already,  but do we SEE it!) 

There’s really nothing separating the Lich from basic Grineer, other than a bullet sponge for armor, and cringeworthy catchphrases. If they’re gonna have Henchmen around, just repaint the armor black of something, a connection to the Lich itself. (The blue shield looks like a Synthesis Target) 
These are some suggestive changes, I hope with Corpus Liches in the future some realistic things can be done. 

We, as Tenno, are the biggest threat in this universe. Therefore, for our Nemeses to intimidate us, they must equate to us.  
For it to be fun, they must bring something new to us all. 

• Like 2

It was originally intended that they would be the Galleon Captains that you fight in Railjack, I.e. we would have to track them down and raid their fortress, rather than just wait for them to inevitably spawn in like a half-baked Wolf of Saturn. I agree that the current implementation is so stripped down as to be laughable

The old blood was nothing more than a DElay tactic ,

It was a shallow and uninspired attempt to copy shadow of mordor.

And on top of that it was for some unknown reason changed at the last minute to have more grind and RNG.

I do agree with OP that it is an annoying mechanic , i dont even touch the lich for weeks unless i am extremely bored and would like my star chart to not look like someone spilled cranberry jam on it.

• Like 1

il y a 13 minutes, 0_The_F00l a dit :

The old blood was nothing more than a DElay tactic ,

It was a shallow and uninspired attempt to copy shadow of mordor.

And on top of that it was for some unknown reason changed at the last minute to have more grind and RNG.

I do agree with OP that it is an annoying mechanic , i dont even touch the lich for weeks unless i am extremely bored and would like my star chart to not look like someone spilled cranberry jam on it.

Yea I sort of feel blackmailed to play this. 

this is what I mean by Coincide instead of Interfere. 

if there was a set mission where we go after this rumored “Lich” do our Tenno thing, and the Queens revive them as our Nemesis. That’d be different. 
but right now it’s just DO THIS UNTIL WE FIND SOMETHING BETTER. Feels like getting stuck with something that no one really asked for 

but like everything DE has done, it has so much potential...

if we were still waiting on Railjack, I'd say don't worry about it, because DE will focus on this, but now there's a good chance that we won't see a focus on Lich improvements (if DE prove me wrong then great) due to prioritising fixes for Railjack. the fights could certainly be better, but then it comes down to the age-old topic of "challenge in Warframe", and I'm not touching that can of worms right now.

I'm mainly waiting on this Devstream to see if they say anything at all about future plans for Liches. if they keep quiet, then I guess we're stuck with the system we have now.

• Like 2