Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration Suggestions.

(XBOX)AlatusU

I think arbitration’s are in a good place. However for the players who don’t like to do interceptions, defections, disruptions, etc. I think that having it to where all endless missions within the Arbitration cycle should be avaialable at once BUT you can only do one of them per hour and each one will have a different frame strength and weapon strength for more diversity across missions.

the enemy type and map of course will still cycle every hour for each one

Edited by (XB1)Cephalon Vol

I was thinking about Arbitrations the other day, and it strikes me that it would be interesting if it was an endless chain of missions of varying types: mobile defense to spy to defense to exterminate etc. etc. Keep the normal higher-level starting point, death mechanics, Arbitration drones, etc., but change the mission type every "rotation." As you proceed through the level, there are two extraction points: one takes you out of the mission and back to the orbiter, ending your run. The other takes you to the next rotation. 

Keep the equipment bonuses, and maybe even add in additional modifiers like "Primary WEapons Disabled" or Nightmare-mode type modifiers. It keeps the mission type cycling, you're never stuck in something you hate for too long, etc.

On 2020-01-17 at 1:27 PM, Ham_Grenabe said:

I was thinking about Arbitrations the other day, and it strikes me that it would be interesting if it was an endless chain of missions of varying types: mobile defense to spy to defense to exterminate etc. etc. Keep the normal higher-level starting point, death mechanics, Arbitration drones, etc., but change the mission type every "rotation." As you proceed through the level, there are two extraction points: one takes you out of the mission and back to the orbiter, ending your run. The other takes you to the next rotation. 

Keep the equipment bonuses, and maybe even add in additional modifiers like "Primary WEapons Disabled" or Nightmare-mode type modifiers. It keeps the mission type cycling, you're never stuck in something you hate for too long, etc.

Literally Crimespree from Payday 2.

Never played it, but I’ll take your word for it!

Diversifying the activities is something I’d love, because while you might be able to run, say, a survival until the heat death of the universe, it’s boring after like 10 minutes.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

8 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Never played it, but I’ll take your word for it!

Diversifying the activities is something I’d love, because while you might be able to run, say, a survival until the heat death of the universe, it’s boring after like 10 minutes.

Figured that you would have played it because all my Payday 2 friends got sick of Payday 2 and jumped into Warframe and dragged myself along.

Crimespree is a gamemode in Payday 2 where it starts out at high levels (Arbitrations) and continually gets higher and higher, completing different parts of different missions in the game, and every certain level of missions or so a modifier to reduce player ability is added (Sorties).

At present Arbitrations encourage focusing on a long term single mission type, something the game lacks outside of Void Fissure Endless. What you're suggesting is the polar opposite of that, quick bursts of several different mission types interlaced. That's a cool idea, even though I didn't enjoy it in Payday 2, but it wouldn't work as a replacement for Arbitrations.

Come to think of it I don't think I would enjoy such a mode in Warframe either. Regular Alerts, Syndicate Alerts, and Sorties all are laced together and of different mission types. Not continual, like you said, with no option to switch out gear types, but it would be similar in effect. I don't really enjoy Sorties anymore, I only do them for the chance of plat. Never enjoyed Syndicate missions, just did them for MR farming. And I got really bored of alerts after the initial excitement factor wore off.

On 2020-01-16 at 8:35 PM, (XB1)Cephalon Vol said:

I think arbitration’s are in a good place. However for the players who don’t like to do interceptions, defections, disruptions, etc. I think that having it to wear all endless missions within the Arbitration cycle should be avaialable at once BUT you can old do one of them per hour and each one will have a different frame strength and weapon strength for more diversity across missions.

the enemy type and map of course will still cycle every hour for each one

I like this idea. I like this idea very much. Considering my current gameplay boils down to "Sortie, check Arbitrations, if favorable do Arbies, if not run void fissures."