Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack: not-so-rare resources should not be shown in left corner when collected

yilmazdurmaz

Everyone knows that if we collected a rare resource or item, they are shown in bottom left of the screen in a special boxed view. that makes us feel special finding that resource.

but, what about if that resource is not rare anymore? Railjack missions are the ones that really get annoying after a while. For every resource we collected, these messages flow continuously on left side of screen, with almost no stopping. I even had to move my chat window far to mid screen.

Carbides, Copernics, Cubic Diodes and  Pustrels are no more rare resources in Railjack missions. They should not be shown to be specials any more. Even new resources Titanium, Asterides, Brachons and Isos are not rare resources in Railjack missions. A "rare item" is always meant to be found a few over all the mission completion, not hundreds or thousands.

SO Railjack missions need a touch about showing these materials. they can still be shown as rare outside RJ missions, like plains or vallis, but not in RJ missions.

I guess they made all the resources pop up to make you feel like you accomplished something. of course we all know the truth: picking up 14 Carbides or 7 Titanium is nothing when you need tens of thousands just to repair one item. essentially the game is saying "look, progress" and I'm like "bruh, even post-refining, that's not even like, 1% of the amount I need!"

but there's a lot wrong with Railjack Resources, this is pretty low priority honestly compared to the actual drop amounts and requirements, which are completely screwed.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I guess they made all the resources pop up to make you feel like you accomplished something. of course we all know the truth: picking up 14 Carbides or 7 Titanium is nothing when you need tens of thousands just to repair one item. essentially the game is saying "look, progress" and I'm like "bruh, even post-refining, that's not even like, 1% of the amount I need!"

but there's a lot wrong with Railjack Resources, this is pretty low priority honestly compared to the actual drop amounts and requirements, which are completely screwed.

Lol, all of this is filled with filler time pass like this, cause if it gets removed, there is no substance underneath it. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I guess they made all the resources pop up to make you feel like you accomplished something.

It was, until Empyrean was out 🙂 we were trying to get like 100 for hours in vallis and plains, now they are still rare but just not in Railjack missions.

as a guy who mostly plays ship engineer I do like those specific 4 resources popping up - because of those popups I can keep track of forge stocks without having to waste time opening forge just to check wether or not I have already got the resources for replenishing....

5 minutes ago, Elenortirie said:

as a guy who mostly plays ship engineer I do like those specific 4 resources popping up - because of those popups I can keep track of forge stocks without having to waste time opening forge just to check wether or not I have already got the resources for replenishing....

this can be solved by adding a visual about forge resources. besides, I don't think all engineers do think the same as you.

36 minutes ago, yilmazdurmaz said:

this can be solved by adding a visual about forge resources. besides, I don't think all engineers do think the same as you.

dunno maybe they do like wasting their time reopening the forges 😉

but yes I could do without the popup if I had other way to know that progress on material requested was being made 😉

3 hours ago, Wolfdoggie said:

I don't like the popups at all because they cover the overheat bar.

They don't anymore, because the heat bar is horizontal since previous hotfix. So they had to adjust the UI because of those stupid resource pop-ups..