The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ephemeras Collection : 20/20

EzioTheEagle

First of all, I am not against grinding..I love grinding but I am not a fan of badly designed grind with so many RNG layers either. I am very passionate about these ephemeras and I want to collect them all so this doesn't matter for me honestly what the acquisition method is,I will collect them eventually anyway but for the majority of players who want them as well and they are tired of depending on their luck,it do matter.  I think sometimes it is good to change the RNG based acquisition into an EFFORT based one. I am fine with either though.The uniqueness, exclusivity, rarity of the ephemera doesnt fade away imo. The fact that I have collected them all and I have a strong belief that I will collect the new ones in future also is enough to make these ephemras exclusive to me. I wont mind whether they are RNG based(maybe a direct RNG is better like exploiter orb ones) or effort based/token based..EPHEREAS WILL ALWAYS BE UNIQUE

I,personally, believe that DE has taken a better step deciding to change the acquisition method for Tenebrous Ephemera(Which I luckily got last night from my last session before the hotfix dropped)

I totally support the new change which is coming, although some of you wont agree with my opinion but the change was needed long ago and it will be good for everyone I assume.

Yes, ephemeras are cosmetics and are supposed to be rare but that doesn't imply the fact that you have to grind it for infinite amount of time without knowing your progress...Atleast with the Token system coming, we can know our progress while gradually moving towards the final reward...

I don't know if all those existing ephemeras will get the same treatment or not but I hope DE will keep the token system as it is for newly released ephemeras too in future.

And for challenges, it should be like some achievement which cant be completed or finished in a day, maybe it will take atleast a week to complete and we will get the reward afterwards..but it will feel like WE EARNED IT

Anyway I just wanted to post my collection as I was trying to grind for this last ephemera(Tenebrous Ephemera in Sentient Anomaly Ship) since last 2-3 weeks along with my friends.. split farming method was the most efficient and fastest method for this farm..luckily I managed to get this just before the hotfix dropped.. I am looking forward to see what new ephemeras DE will release in future and also would like to see the acquisition method they will get..

All those players who want to have every ephemera like me, who did not get the Tenebrous one from old method, I would say  not to worry about it and you guys are lucky to experience the new change , u will get it as soon as DE puts it back to game, we all deserved this change long ago when Blazing Step grind was a thing but atleast we are getting the change now.. so Thank you DE

Waiting for the next Hotfix/Update to see how the implementation goes

jA3qnVj.jpg

2gwCAuJ.jpg

tPjbnlR.jpg

ySHyXAX.jpg

Edited by EzioTheEagle
  • Like 2

I sincerely don't get how anyone can be excited about a token system, which only brings predictability... Yay, I'll have what I want after my nth run, what a thrill, how exciting it is to run the same thing nth times, very well knowing the n-1 first times will be useless *yawns*

But hey, at least it will be something challenging, like one-shotting sentients with the Paracesis for hours

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 3

Wait... What? That's what they meant with their Tenebrous removal? Saw it on the latest PS4 hotfix, but hadn't noticed any info as to how it would come back.

So, if I got it straght... Ephemeras in general will be effort based through a token system? At least Tenebrous for now? Is that it? If so that's supremely lovely! I hope it does apply to all others.

Though I doubt it can be "all" of them. Ephemeras linked to dlc kind of stuff would likely not be included, sadly. Still, it's pretty good as is.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 2

Just now, Chewarette said:

I sincerely don't get how anyone can be excited about a token system, which only brings predictability... Yay, I'll have what I want after my nth run, what a thrill, how exciting it is to run the same thing nth times, very well knowing the n-1 first times will be useless *yawns*

Then suggest a better idea please.... any idea which is better than the old method is accepted as long as its fun to every player 😉

• Like 3

Just now, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Wait... What? That's what they meant with their Tenebrous removal? Saw it on the latest PS4 hotfix, but hadn't noticed any info as to how it would come back.

So, if I got it straght... Ephemeras in general will be effort based through a token system? Is that it? If so that's supremely lovely!

Though I doubt it can be "all" of them. Ephemeras linked to dlc kind of stuff would likely not be included, sadly. Still, it's pretty good as is.

yeah I doubt that too if all of them will get the same treatment or not xD

• Like 2

Congratz fellow collector. 

I also wanted to have all of them, than came that lotus drop from twitch, i couldnt watch it, later the corpo something for $ and i changed my mind. Got only the 4 i liked from liches and didn't care about the cache one. 

Now anything not obtainable through the game alone - i don't care about it in my collections. They kinda cured me with the way they handled ephemeras. 

vor 54 Minuten schrieb Chewarette:

But hey, at least it will be something challenging, like one-shotting sentients with the Paracesis for hours

Do you think the supreme tactic of "just get lucky" is a better approach?

Grats, I knew I should have done one last run before the hotfix rolled out. Glad to see you got it though!

I really hope the capturas are available in the "store" system, I really don't wanna have to hunt red/yellow containers for a damn captura. Literally only missing Fountain. But all-in-all, I'm down for the token system, it'd be nice to actually do runs that involve the derelicts for once instead of rushing to the anomaly every time.

That said, I still hope I never see another Mimic ever again.

Let's just hope this "future" re-release isn't like the Eidolon ephemera *cough cough* 100 Eidolons *cough cough* and then release on NW *cough cough*, or Fae Step for consoles *cough cough* We've totally not forgotten *cough cough* we just need a way to give this for free but still need a complicated system to do it *cough cough*

plotting batman forever GIF

Spoiler

Gosh... I really need to take care of my lungs.

up all night colors GIF by Beck

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

ya after you farmed 500 times and still dont get the ephemera, only then you tell others you would rather have a 0.1% chance of getting it no matter is it your first or 1K run. I myself got the tenebrous ephemera but I understand very well how frustrating it can be for some players who keep on farming the tenebrous ephemera. I am happy for them to get a definite chance of getting something they farm so hard. 

6 minutes ago, HeartPurity said:

ya after you farmed 500 times and still dont get the ephemera, only then you tell others you would rather have a 0.1% chance of getting it no matter is it your first or 1K run. I myself got the tenebrous ephemera but I understand very well how frustrating it can be for some players who keep on farming the tenebrous ephemera. I am happy for them to get a definite chance of getting something they farm so hard. 

I don't have it. But I'd prefer having it... another way than a basic currency earned after no-challenge S#&$ like that.

I don't deny the previous way of getting it sucked, I'm glad it was hotfixed out temporarily. But I was hoping they could find any other solution than the bland "Do the same content 1 billion times and you'll buy it, predictably, as sure as you can predict what time it will be in 2 hours".

7 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

But I'd prefer having it... another way than a basic currency earned after no-challenge S#&$ like that.

I have no problem if its like the Arbitration system. Drop a sentient "Vitus Essence" and use those to buy whatever you want from the store pool. 0.01% RNG is not the way to go, and I'm glad DE is changing it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

well, they said you'd have to earn Ephemeras, I guess a Token system sort of counts towards that. there's still the RNG on Vengeful Ephemeras though (and no, I wouldn't say killing a Lich is really "earning it".) they'll still require some farming though, which I'm absolutely fine with.

Actually this would be great if the acquisition method required both effort and rng to an extent...