Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack discussion

(PSN)GEN-Son_17

problem with railjack compare to Demo, seem alot of works that need to be done for such dynamic gameplay which i knew DE can't do that properly with all the schedules and promises they have made but it isn't the excuse to release such poor state as it is now. they could just delay it til mid 2020 where everything is in place.

On 2020-01-13 at 7:01 AM, 0_The_F00l said:

Cant speak for others, but i thought it would be the proper Railjack update, not the incomplete and rushed , and bare bones thing at the moment.

On 2020-01-13 at 7:33 AM, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

DE Steve said that "we wanted to release what we have over the Christmas holiday ", which means there is still a lot of things I’m shore they want to do with it

Perhaps DE should look into this thread, i think i see the problem. They probably think that everyone watch their dev stream or YT channel and know their plans and intentions, but apparently it's not the case. What they probably should have done is a label "Preview" everywhere on railjack UI, if they don't like words like "Beta" or "Alpha" or whatever.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 32768 said:

What they probably should have done is a label "Preview" everywhere on railjack UI, if they don't like words like "Beta" or "Alpha" or whatever.

That's not a bad idea. They had such a disclaimer for the original focus tree, so it could be done again.

On 2020-01-13 at 7:54 AM, DeMonkey said:

A better question is, "Does anyone here really think phase 3 is going to magically contain all the solutions".

I don't know about you but I'd already be happy if they fix even a fourth of the bugs I've seen in the past 3 days.

I mean, really. For the last 3 days, I've seen more bugs than in the last 4 years combined.

18 hours ago, --C--Nehra said:

Yet your reaction to my response (which is my personal opinion only and not a gospel truth) belongs in the same ballpark! Bravo!!! 

Nobody is forcing them to read all my posts, it's their problem if all they do is cherry pick negative criticism or rants and then get upset over it. They can go read the feel good posts too, but that doesn't satisfy their craving for some salt. 

So did I. And when I stopped enjoying, I stopped playing. 🙂 And I just posted that in my opinion which translates to "DE owns the game and will decide what they want to do with it irrespective of player feedback". 

Why all the strawmen? I didn't call you a "white knight", I don't even care about any single activity of yours on any scale. You really should listen to your own advice my dude. 

Didn't say you called me anything and I definitely agree both posts are opinions. I used myself as an example.

Kill the "strawmen" buzzword. It's a nothing word. Also, readers read in a forum. You won't know what someone's posting about until it's read. Skipping you is not until you've established a pattern someone doesn't like. Otherwise, readers have to read first, then react.

17 hours ago, Anthraxicus said:

1- We thought the demo would be the first chapter, not the last.

2- You are delusional if you believe DE will expand Empyrean to anything close to what we saw in the demo. They are working on so many different next big updates that they won't have time to completely modify Empyrean. Not within the next 3 or 4 years at least.

Delusional...about expanding towards the demo? That's weird to say. I mean, they programmed that cinematic and action already so, just like filming a movie, it makes perfect sense to preview the Fortuna based scene along with the Fortuna release, right? Further, everything now revolves around Empyrean, including New War. Going forward, there's little point to focus on anything but the new Empyrean infrastructure.

14 hours ago, 32768 said:

Perhaps DE should look into this thread, i think i see the problem. They probably think that everyone watch their dev stream or YT channel and know their plans and intentions, but apparently it's not the case. What they probably should have done is a label "Preview" everywhere on railjack UI, if they don't like words like "Beta" or "Alpha" or whatever.

Great point. They openly discuss the details, feedback and issues on the streams but it doesn't matter if those streams are missed or ignored. Perhaps a mandatory one time update message, requiring the player to scroll and click "I've read this", would work?

19 hours ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

Delusional...about expanding towards the demo? That's weird to say. I mean, they programmed that cinematic and action already so, just like filming a movie, it makes perfect sense to preview the Fortuna based scene along with the Fortuna release, right? Further, everything now revolves around Empyrean, including New War. Going forward, there's little point to focus on anything but the new Empyrean infrastructure.

Exactly. There are way too many things DE is working on right now, so they won't have time to add all the several promises made for Railjack. 

It will be just another PoE, Fortuna, ESO, Arbitration etc.

6 hours ago, Anthraxicus said:

Exactly. There are way too many things DE is working on right now, so they won't have time to add all the several promises made for Railjack. 

It will be just another PoE, Fortuna, ESO, Arbitration etc.

Which all had updates except ESO. 

Fortuna with the explorer orb, fractures, special weapons and rewards.

PoE with the refresh, new enemies and QoL players asked for. Not enough stuff yet but we knew why.

Arbitration with new rewards, a requested more forgiving mode and better tracking.

On 2020-01-15 at 5:48 PM, Elenortirie said:

imagine a scenario - you order a burger, wait for it 2 hours and receive a badly cut bun, with ingredients thrown without any order, and most of those ingredients are not even there - obviously rushed and incomplete job.

and now a guy comes in wondering how in earth you can consider this to be rushed burger because it took sooooo looooooong to make,,,,,,,

And in that 2 hours you're still getting things from fries, nuggets, pudding, drinks etc

But who am I to say, fortuna, orb heists, plains of eidolon remaster, gas city remaster, the sacrifice, chimera prologue are not taking their time away from working on railjack, right? They just appear out of nowhere, they just appear from thin air while DE are working on railjack

14 minutes ago, 844448 said:

And in that 2 hours you're still getting things from fries, nuggets, pudding, drinks etc

But who am I to say, fortuna, orb heists, plains of eidolon remaster, gas city remaster, the sacrifice, chimera prologue are not taking their time away from working on railjack, right? They just appear out of nowhere, they just appear from thin air while DE are working on railjack

But i dont want those things ,i want a burger. Besides the drink has flies in it , the nuggets are cold and the pudding has gone bad while the fries are lacking salt. That's your restaurants problem if you are unable to meet the expectation of the customer. So don't tell me to enjoy things i do not want.

Where is my burger Steve?

What a sad example.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

1 minute ago, 0_The_F00l said:

But i dont want those things ,i want a burger. Besides the drink has flies in it , the nuggets are cold and the pudding has gone bad while the fries are lacking salt. That's your restaurants problem if you are unable to meet the expectation of the customer.

Where is my burger Steve?

What a sad example , 

Because we can't spend more than a week without someone posting where new content or what to do next somewhere. I would like to see if DE really focus on railjack this whole 6 months to 1 year with no other content being worked on, what will happen to this community if not melting down with "we need new content" threads

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 844448 said:

Because we can't spend more than a week without someone posting where new content or what to do next somewhere.

Why does that matter to you? 

2 minutes ago, 844448 said:

. I would like to see if DE really focus on railjack this whole 6 months to 1 year with no other content being worked on, 

I would rather they did the many things and polish what we already have , now we have both given our personal opinion.

8 minutes ago, 844448 said:

, what will happen to this community if not melting down with "we need new content" threads

Once again why should it matter if someone is voicing his opinion cause he lacks the ability to pace himself and is burnt out , 

which may or may not be wrong as a game design decision , 

But unless you are directly involved in the game direction you are just as useful as that guy that says there is content drought.

You really like focusing on one thing to prove a point instead of focusing on the topic at hand don't you.

I would like to see a conversation in which you don't use the community (which you generalize ) as a scapegoat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Why does that matter to you? 

Because that is the one thing I always see on a regular basis in this forum

3 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I would rather they did the many things and polish what we already have , now we have both given our personal opinion.

Means what we have now is okay? Let them polishing railjack, melee, tileset, etc and we wait then

4 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Once again why should it matter if someone is voicing his opinion cause he lacks the ability to pace himself and is burnt out , 

which may or may not be wrong as a game design decision , 

But unless you are directly involved in the game direction you are just as useful as that guy that says there is content drought.

You really like focusing on one thing to prove a point instead of focusing on the topic at hand don't you.

I would like to see a conversation in which you don't use the community (which you generalize ) as a scapegoat.

My opinion? Railjack itself is working well enough and I almost never see a bug nowadays and since the contents keep rolling in from fortuna to new warframes and weapons it's understandable they can't put their full focus on railjack

Also, it's better for me because when they rest of the railjack comes out, my railjack will be fully kitted and I don't need to slog through it with basic railjack

35 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Because that is the one thing I always see on a regular basis in this forum

I don't know which garbage dump you dive in to find those topics , guess we walk in different circles.

37 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Means what we have now is okay? Let them polishing railjack, melee, tileset, etc and we wait then

Ah i think that was a typo , fix became did , "i prefer if they fix the many existing things instead of making more mediocre time sinks." Is what I meant. But yes ,i can wait ,i loved the reworks of the gas city and ember (vauban too i guess) more than i did the Grendel and gauss frames. I do not lack patience ,you seem to be the one that wants someone to scream content drought so you don't have to. 

39 minutes ago, 844448 said:

My opinion? Railjack itself is working well enough and I almost never see a bug nowadays 

Good for you ,i guess , i dont really see a significant issue myself outside of the poor RNG implementation and phase one being less than a quarter of the implied content.

43 minutes ago, 844448 said:

and since the contents keep rolling in from fortuna to new warframes and weapons it's understandable they can't put their full focus on railjack

DEs inability to manage their time and resources is not mine or the playerbases problem ,you don't need to defend them cause they can't think ahead practically. They are a business , they can defend themselves and their practices.

44 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Also, it's better for me because when they rest of the railjack comes out, my railjack will be fully kitted and I don't need to slog through it with basic railjack

I dont particularly care about your slog or lack of it, i do care when you consider your experience and preferences to be the same as everyone elses.

You might be happy eating a sandwich that is only bread , does not mean everyone else is.

Personally I would have preferred that they waited to launch RJ once all the bugs were ironed out and numbers were finalized. I think the reception would have been much much better if we had gotten a better version to start with.

I have fun playing railjack(without bugs)

I LOVE the idea of railjack being a big part of the game

I'm skeptical on future updates because of how awful week one was.

they need to get numbers fixed and the weapons/archwings completely rehauled  with tweaks to the current avionics. Many new gamemodes/enemies/locations are needed to flesh out what we already have.

Integrate the railjack with the rest of the game. Imagine a new derelict mission where you start in the railjack and approach it from the outside. Hell, have an optional start for ALL the space missions where you start in the railjack.

I love fluff and really want railjack to be a good successful part of warframe.

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Ah i think that was a typo , fix became did , "i prefer if they fix the many existing things instead of making more mediocre time sinks." Is what I meant. But yes ,i can wait ,i loved the reworks of the gas city and ember (vauban too i guess) more than i did the Grendel and gauss frames. I do not lack patience ,you seem to be the one that wants someone to scream content drought so you don't have to. 

I wonder what real content drought is since I still have many to do from hydroid prime to ivara prime, and E Prime on earth is still good for me to pop heads or rip them with Amalgam Ripkas True Steel 100% gore chance bonus (seeing them getting torn from embolist spray is still hilarious and I want 100% gore chance peculiar mod)

Good for you ,i guess , i dont really see a significant issue myself outside of the poor RNG implementation and phase one being less than a quarter of the implied content.

That's personal view, I'm still getting those sigma MK 3 to fight Saturn enemies in case my teammates quit from internet connection or no reason at all so less than a quarter means I'm not getting left too far behind

DEs inability to manage their time and resources is not mine or the playerbases problem ,you don't need to defend them cause they can't think ahead practically. They are a business , they can defend themselves and their practices.

If you see it as defending, I guess I'm showing it like that but I'm accepting the railjack as it is because the content we get in that time. If in that 2 years we get what we have now when we don't get anything new I would start complaining about it

I dont particularly care about your slog or lack of it, i do care when you consider your experience and preferences to be the same as everyone elses.

You might be happy eating a sandwich that is only bread , does not mean everyone else is.

I guess I just don't have that much of expectation and desire to not getting disappointed or angry since someone told me that desire brings suffering. I'm just happy I have the railjack ready and aiming for Sigma MK 3 before jumping to Saturn and Veil

5 hours ago, 844448 said:

no during those two hours I see other people getting serviced.....

5 hours ago, 844448 said:

I don't know how it is in DE itself, but in any normal well organized dev studio you have separate team working on separate things, You'd have one decently sized team working on empyrean and a handfull of smaller teams working on orb heists, remasters, quests etc. in which case, these things would not in fact "take their time" away from working on railjack.

2 hours ago, 844448 said:

If you see it as defending, I guess I'm showing it like that but I'm accepting the railjack as it is because the content we get in that time. If in that 2 years we get what we have now when we don't get anything new I would start complaining about it

I have seen not much bigger if even bigger in the first place dev studios able to develop bigger expansions that what empyrean shipped in shorter time, while also releasing smaller updates alongside the development of aforementioned expansion. Bonus points, that other studio was capable of managing the hype correctly - that is they announced expac being even in the works in no longer than a year from it being releasable. I'd also like to point out that it was less bugged.

So seeing that the manpower can be managed more efficiently I can totally understand people complaining about quality of on-release railjack.

That being said I did have my expectations towards the whole thing set to very low, so I am able to enjoy the time I spend in my railjack.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

Which all had updates except ESO. 

Fortuna with the explorer orb, fractures, special weapons and rewards.

PoE with the refresh, new enemies and QoL players asked for. Not enough stuff yet but we knew why.

Arbitration with new rewards, a requested more forgiving mode and better tracking.

I am talking about meaningful changes. Gameplay, lore, new additions etc.

Third orb fight is nowhere to be seen. Fortuna had that extremely boring fracture that is simply a mini event. Do it once and forget about it. PoE refresh? You mean those tiny graphical changes? Meh. What new enemies? The reskin of the same eidolon? There is nothing exciting there.

Arbitration had changes no one asked for some new rewards. Meh

• Like 1

Since Railjack's release, I pumped several hundreds hours into Warframe again, mostly exlusive to Railjack, despite the many, many bugs - I count that as a great success.

While sceptical at first (you guys make very clumsy introductions and left out the coolest features), my clan mate and I had the best fun in Warframe in years.

Controls felt great from the start, the mode emphasizes teamplay, the content was genuinely fresh and the grind not half as bad as expected.

I understand current Railjack as introduction and testing field for future endeavours and I hope you find a way to combine it with the main game.

I hope we see heavy ship to ship combat (that requires more skill than dropping some Void Holes 😋), including battleships and maybe even several Railjacks?

How much time have you invested in Railjack and did you enjoy it? Have you played PUGs mostly or with friends? How well you progressed and are you looking forward to more RJ content too?

Edited by Toran
  • Like 11

Railjack actually exceeds my expectation too, before this, I got very little interest in space battle but the intrinsic progression system gives me a sense of achievement and I enjoy rj a lot more than lich system. The murmurs grinding for lich is the most boring farming ever. However, railjack is too buggy and unstable, hopefully DE can keep on improving railjack and make the grinding more meaningful. e.g. a railjack store for us to spend our spare intrinsic points or dirac

• Like 2

Played a fair bit - 6/6/7/6 on intrinsics, and all but two nodes in the Veil are completed.

All solo.

I don't have Particle Ram or Void Hole so I get quite a bit of "heavy ship to ship combat" that requires careful planning, advanced piloting, strategic withdrawals from the battle, and setting up decoys and using asteroids to avoid having Cy pull me out of the mission. I haven't bothered grinding as such (which is why I don't have those two particularly low-drop-change avionics yet), so I spent a lot of quality time with the Sigma MK3 equipment.

I haven't run into too many bugs solo, and personally I have found the difficulty quite enjoyable.

• Like 2

I crashed several times per hour on launch, took a 2 week break when DE took vacation, and decided to come back to it once the inevitable grind reduction hit so I didn't feel like my time was wasted.

I'm currently not even half way done with Intrinsics (8998 at the moment), I squad only in premade teams, and I have gotten pretty tired of Gian Point. I was very excited at both TennoCon's that I attended which had Railjack, but at the moment I am skeptical. If DE adds everything from TennoCon on top of this rocky foundation for a system, I'm worried for the future of Railjack content.

Edited by Voltage

28 minutes ago, Toran said:

How much time have you invested in Railjack

I dunno... couple dozen hours?

and did you enjoy it?

If things didn't backfire completely, yes.

Have you played PUGs mostly or with friends?

PUGs. I crew-hopped my way through every single mission.

How well you progressed

Got MK3 parts for everything. Zetki Carcinnox for Pilot Guns, Zetki Photor for Sideguns, Vidar Reactor witth 93 capacity, Zetki Engines that get me up to 502 M/s and have a boost of 2.3, and a Zetki Shield that gives maybe 2-3 hundred capacity but has like 1.5 seconds recharge delay.

Combine that with the shield recharge boost from one of the other parts when engine boost is charging and my shield is practically always up unless I'm getting hammered by several crewships.

My engine is currently building and I'm still farming ressources (Titanium and Trachons) and then I can build that shield.

I got all grids maxed, all intrinsics on 7 out of 10 and I got every avionic I want maxed out. Only thing still missing is a Zetki replacement for the Lavan Hyperstrike.

Oh, and I don't have the capacity for literally ANY tactical avionics lol. Then again, I'd never use them anyway.

Also I got 2/4 shedu parts. I'd have 3 but then the mission failed because some genius decided to stay on the RJ instead of coming into the sentient ship, getting is wrecked in the process. So I bought the last 2 parts and now it's building.

are you looking forward to more RJ content too?

Yes. But I'm more hyped for some fixes. Like, seriously. 7/10 times I enter a side turret, there's black boxes blocking my view left and right.

Edited by o0Despair0o
  • Like 2

I played a lot Railjack as well and after some frustrations with public teams refusing to coordinate I had a blast with premade teams. The biggest issue for me is lack of enemy diversity and lack mission variety. There is also the issue that there is no point in flying almost any mission except Gian Point because other nodes take longer and do not provide more rewards.

There are multiple issues to be addressed and the entire mode needs to be connected to the rest of Warframe like the Tennocon stream showcased. But the mode is a worthy addition.

9 10 9 9 intrinsics now and I got there the hard way by commanding my RJ without cheese mode.

Edited by Prexades