Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack discussion

(PSN)GEN-Son_17

I played it from the start. The first hours I spent with Rj were the worst by far under the 5-6 years I played. After they deployed a few hotfixes I enjoyed Railjack for the most part. The core of it is absolutely great.

It took me a month of casual playing to get an actual good ship with 6k health 2500 armor, a Zetki shield generator that recharces shields like crazy and the weapons now just melt everything. I'm currently at 7777 with intrinsics. The rest of my points i'm saving for the Command intrinsics.

In the beginning I played only in squads. Now that I have a beefy ship I play solo a lot more but I like to play in co-op too.

Its ... like an extended demo  - not the demo that was shown in tennocon not by a longshot -  , maybe less than a quarter of that.

It is fun for the first few days , but once you have done enough to reach something like 7 7 7 7 (not using the stealth exploit) it finally stops being fun ,

cant keep going forever i guess.

I do wish it was less buggy at launch and they actually expand on it.

The RNG stats on the reactors were a really bad decision - glad they fixed it.

now to hope for some variety in the next few weeks,

I am still pissed about how it was launched and delivered, and am not sure it will be even half of what was promised, but it is not bad ... for a few hours.

I'd be more happy with it if my ISP wasn't being a complete tosspot with this 30 minutes up 5 minutes down BS.

I am now so far behind the Switch Empyrean playerbase that I can't even make decent MK1 research components and the Earth nodes are 90% dead.

Even when I can find a match if it takes more than 30 minutes my ISP disconnects me, so no loot to build my Railjack and soloing isn't an option with just this MK0 potato they start us with.

Empyrean, the fun new game mode that AT&T doesn't want me to enjoy.

29 minutes ago, Vharu said:

Try this...

Go into your available connections, right click the connection and view properties - go into ipv4 settings and change the DNS to 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 as secondary. Second thing you can do is open gpedit.msc and look under the network settings for 'reserve available bandwidth' - change this from the 70% default to 0%. 

It may not solve your issue but those two things do make a better difference for most connections.

Not likely going to help, the issue is that the entire line (Both phone and broadband) will go down once every 30 minutes, if our phone line is also going down I don't think it is purely the DSL or any router settings.

I appreciate the desire to help, but honestly this isn't the first time ATT has done some BS like this, but they are a monopoly in this area so...we just have to deal with it...

On 2020-01-16 at 10:14 PM, zakaryx said:

Personally I would have preferred that they waited to launch RJ once all the bugs were ironed out and numbers were finalized. I think the reception would have been much much better if we had gotten a better version to start with.

I have fun playing railjack(without bugs)

I LOVE the idea of railjack being a big part of the game

I'm skeptical on future updates because of how awful week one was.

they need to get numbers fixed and the weapons/archwings completely rehauled  with tweaks to the current avionics. Many new gamemodes/enemies/locations are needed to flesh out what we already have.

Integrate the railjack with the rest of the game. Imagine a new derelict mission where you start in the railjack and approach it from the outside. Hell, have an optional start for ALL the space missions where you start in the railjack.

I love fluff and really want railjack to be a good successful part of warframe.

They did debate internally on whether to release it early or not but I personally think it was a good idea overall.

I mentioned it a few posts ago that I figured they were trying to iron out the foundation of the next big phase of Warframe. Steve said prior to release that it will be very buggy and that's because the millions of us can find issues much faster than the 10s of them, especially non solo and bad internet service issues individual players have around the world. It's a free game so this option is usable. 

The other issue is in how polarized and schizophrenic the community and Youtubers are in regards to opinions. "Content drought", "DElayed" and "lazy devs" will be the theme if DE focuses on a flawless gameplay. "Bug frame", "rushed content" and "slow down DE" will be the themes if there's a stream of monthly big updates but aren't tuned. Unfortunately, both themes, while deemed mere opinions, WILL affect the potentials of Warframe. People hover over the negative and gas themselves up pretty rapidly these days.

On 2020-01-13 at 6:03 AM, 844448 said:

I'm 100% sure this is not even 10% yet, and I'm good with it since that means I'll be ready and well equipped when the 90% comes out and don't need to get the best gear slog just to reach the highest level

If it ever comes out considering DE tends to leave  lot of things behind...

Good luck waiting for anything that was shows in the 99% scripted premade  demo that was made just to hype things up.

• Like 2

I guess i like the idea, i mostly play on weekends, but i played a lot, usually in PUGs. I have 4 7 7 5 and about 300 more intrinsics i'm saving for Command skill.

When it just came out it was OK to play, but, counter-intuitively, it became more frustrating over time. After number of people who play railjack dropped, i can barely complete a mission. I guess when there are 4 people in railjack, there are 16 revives across the board, and somebody else can go and kill that crew ship, but when i'm playing solo there are only 4 revives and mission success heavily depends on how mission was generated.

I talked about this situation with some folks on this forum and they suggested to kill fast and do armor - not a bad advise, don't get me wrong. But Chroma built for armor with Adaptation installed still dies to 3 space Greener in less than 10 seconds. I don't know how anyone is playing railjack now, i suspect with help of some cheese, for me personally it's now unplayable. If it's pulse turbine + captain, then i can somehow kill 6 ships, turbine and boss. If it's something else, i abort after 3 revives or immediately. On good day i can approach missile platform dying only once, but then i need to go outside to kill radiator, and then another radiator. Last time i tried to play railjack, i was circling around ship-killer platform trying to figure out where the f the entrance to this platform is, i died 3 times over the course of 1 minute -> abort mission.

I guess when it was initially broken, it somehow worked, someone was flying around in Amesha killing everything around crew ships and inside them, there also was bug that allowed to quickly kill crew ship reactors. Time has passed and now it doesn't work unfortunately. Not necessarily that bug with reactor, but railjack as a whole. At least for me and in solo. I don't want to build meta archwing, meta archgun and meta railjack and play by recipe, i'm more interested in figuring out my own build, but i think railjack is just broken. I understand that it is designed for co-op etc etc, OK, good, i can wait, there is no rush.

I'm waiting for AI/NPC crew and fixes. Railjack is something i would like to see in Warframe when it's done.

played a fair amount on launch, but not with my ship, which still needs better versions of most components. it can be a fun mode, but there's just way too many bugs with it right now. I'm sure that in the future we'll see much more stability and more thigns to do with Railjack. still waiting on the fixes PC got, hoping for them to arrive this coming week.

I'll be much more into Railjack as it grows and develops, and once AI crews become available so we don't have to be dependant on friends or randoms if we don't want to solo either.

Personally I'm enjoying the hell out of it, once I kinda got the hang of what the heck was going on.  I have a very high level of situational awareness, so that makes me perfect for responding to breaches/fires/electrical shorts, as well as realizing quickly that I need to go out and do something outside the railjack like board a ship or something.  Imagine my surprise when I was able to hop on some 'destroyer' ship or something and fly around beside the Railjack I came in on (I purposefully ignore spoilers to new content, not sure if that's something they covered).  Can't wait to get my engineering level up so I can be really useful at the forge also.  I'll probably start doing some missions with my own railjack soon, but I've been enjoying leveling stuff up and helping others out in rando groups so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aseraan said:

If it ever comes out considering DE tends to leave  lot of things behind...

Good luck waiting for anything that was shows in the 99% scripted premade  demo that was made just to hype things up.

Yeah they tried to down play this on the dev stream. It’s just a demo they said… but Why then did they pretend they wore playing it,  

and it was all in engine and working on the dev build... Most of it was clearly fake and done so to deceive players…

deceive in the scene that it is closer to being released, and bigger than it really is….  If your showing a trailer then call it a trailer…..

Railjack was Anthem levels of fake when shown…  they even said they wore still building the corpus stuff.. 

How ? it was in the trai…cough.. cough ..  Demo 2 years ago…

2 hours ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Yeah they tried to down play this on the dev stream. It’s just a demo they said… but Why then did they pretend they wore playing it,  

and it was all in engine and working on the dev build... Most of it was clearly fake and done so to deceive players…

deceive in the scene that it is closer to being released, and bigger than it really is….  If your showing a trailer then call it a trailer…..

Railjack was Anthem levels of fake when shown…  they even said they wore still building the corpus stuff.. 

Wow...you reached REALLY far for this.

It's called a demo. A demonstration. Whether it was live or recorded means absolutely nothing, well, except it was a demo.

Also, care to explain what, exactly, was fake? 

On 2020-01-17 at 2:17 AM, Elenortirie said:

no during those two hours I see other people getting serviced.....

I don't know how it is in DE itself, but in any normal well organized dev studio you have separate team working on separate things, You'd have one decently sized team working on empyrean and a handfull of smaller teams working on orb heists, remasters, quests etc. in which case, these things would not in fact "take their time" away from working on railjack.

I have seen not much bigger if even bigger in the first place dev studios able to develop bigger expansions that what empyrean shipped in shorter time, while also releasing smaller updates alongside the development of aforementioned expansion. Bonus points, that other studio was capable of managing the hype correctly - that is they announced expac being even in the works in no longer than a year from it being releasable. I'd also like to point out that it was less bugged.

So seeing that the manpower can be managed more efficiently I can totally understand people complaining about quality of on-release railjack.

That being said I did have my expectations towards the whole thing set to very low, so I am able to enjoy the time I spend in my railjack.

Sorry, I have to question you here. 

In what way or shape is it possible to declare the devs are not managing their time? Smaller teams? Those "smaller teams" released larger content every quarter and their base quota of content every month. "Smaller teams" ARE the reason why that string of content happened in late 2019. From the second orb fight to all the way to Railjack, DE's "smaller teams" delivered. And before you argue against this, I invite you to look at the results of the survey Steve sent out. The VERY VAST majority of players loved the work DE put into 2019. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

This comparison is ridiculous.

Or maybe you totally missed Tennocon 2019? And also all the subsequent dev streams throughout the year where they explained what changed since 2018 and about their release plans?

Sounds like you are not aware of what we were supposed to get, and how they informed us in advance that it would not be coming all in one massive update, but rather delivered in multiple phases. If you wanted, at that time, to complaint about their strategy of not releasing everything in one go, that would be fair. But complaining now about what is still missing, knowing that we were informed we would not get everything at this point, makes no sense.

I'd suggest considering all that above, and also watching Tennocon 2019 demo. Because the conclusion you are going to reach is that we pretty much got what we were shown, game play wise, and what we didn't get will be coming later on a subsequent phase.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

This comparison is ridiculous.

yeah I do agree I Was been hyperbolic,,   It’s not as bad as Anthem, and maybe I’m speaking out of emotions, I just feel really let down, I want to believe in DE… I was so hyped for Railjack...  I’m on ps4 witch hasn’t had a single hotfix, not one…

1 minute ago, Mikaer88 said:

They faked the players expectations and when the time came to deliver, they blueballed the entire playerbase.

jim carrey hip thrusts GIF

Nah, most of us knew what we were getting because DE said it was going to be the testing grounds. Looks like ole Jim is trying to ram the memories of players who forgot about that back in shape. Give him time.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

yeah I do agree I Was been hyperbolic,,   It’s not as bad as Anthem, and maybe I’m speaking out of emotions, I just feel really let down, I want to believe in DE… I was so hyped for Railjack...  I’m on ps4 witch hasn’t had a single hotfix, not one…

What problems are you seeing on PS4? Solo is clean on my end. Pub has issues with players on slow connections though. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

What problems are you seeing on PS4? Solo is clean on my end. Pub has issues with players on slow connections though. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

I’v crashed twice,,  had a black screen,  I even went into a mission without the Railjack lolol..  I got to walking around and everything looked cool, but..  but im wanting for fixers..  which haven’t come in over a month… 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Yep, this somewhat cynical youtuber appears to forget her own abridged series where DE said it will come in phases. Also

- Energy management system, I prefer avionics system where I don't have to sacrifice a part just to make the one I need stronger. I'm not sacrificing engine and shield on weaponry like the demo, I don't want to be a sluggish glass cannon

- Temporary buff. If this is a problem not being in game, why umbral echo that makes your warframe able to move temporarily like umbra got rejected back then?

- If they did shove all of them in one go at the game awards and being very buggy despite all of their efforts to iron it out, you won't complain about that?

Just now, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

If they recorded it before hand, but pretended to play it live, that’s straight up LIEING…

And what if they made it in dev build where it's a whole separate game with no connection to the main game so there's little to no bug and they can make it as big as they want without breaking?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Pretty cool video. Shy's videos are always fun to watch.

Of course, it totally ignores what we already knew was going to change and how it would reach us. It's like she hibernated between July 2018 and December 2019 and was disappointed about not getting what was shown.

There's a reason why most of that video is footage from 2018 and not from Tennecon 2019 and subsequent dev streams. It wouldn't be nearly as fun to watch, since there wouldn't be as many things to point out.

I mean, we all know how DE operates. They show us concepts, ideas, a sneak peak of what they are going for in terms of direction. They usually do this pretty early when it's nothing but an idea. Things change. Of course they do. Expecting that throughout almost 2 years of work we would get exactly the same thing we saw on the original 2018 concept, is a bit naive IMHO.

I guess it's all about expectations .. speaking for myself, based on the information we got throughout 2019 versus what we were delivered, I got pretty much what I was expecting at this point.

• Like 1