Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack discussion

(PSN)GEN-Son_17

8 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I guess it's all about expectations

Yes, you are right it's all about expectations..  and that’s why some player wore cool with Railjack and some felt mislead..  imagine if they showed a star map with only three planets and one mission type.. at the Game aawards , So I’m not surprised players like myself feel let down...

1 minute ago, Vharu said:

You're right, you certainly are not alone, but judging by the recent survey data you are in the lowest 1% of those that feel unhappy with it all.

I like Railjack..   I hope they keep going with its.. I thinks it FUN,   But I was just answering the OP question, im on ps4 a cant really play it right now

12 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Yes, you are right it's all about expectations..  and that’s why some player wore cool with Railjack and some felt mislead..  imagine if they showed a star map with only three planets and one mission type.. at the Game aawards , So I’m not surprised players like myself feel let down...

It's your fault for setting your expectations too high. Next time DE showed you a picture of a magnificent stallion, you should expect a pony. 😂😂

jim carrey hip thrusts GIF

Warframe Cinematic 

vs 

Actual gameplay. 

I bet new players that saw the Warframe cinematic expecting the game to be similar were really disappointed. A lot like some players feeling slighted because Emperyian wasn't anything close to the demo. DE fumbled the ball yet again by creating a mountain of yet more false expectations. Yet the "die hard DE can do no wrong WF players" still blindly hold on to thier own head cannon of the potential Warframe will never be. 

Edited by (XB1)MandlorPrime
  • Like 1

Why do my teammates in Veil Proxima operate like bots? Virtually every pub match I've had, no one destroys the crewships until the very end of the mission. They prefer to either use the turrets or go solo Archwing and destroy fighters. They don't respond if I request crewship priority. If I take over crewship duties, every pilot manages to get the railjack to 0 HP due to knowing only how to shoot and not evade. This experience is extremely frustrating and makes me prefer solo mode.

1 minute ago, Vaeldious said:

Cuz its a public match. You can't seriously expect streamlined teamwork in pubs.

I don't think my expectations qualify as teamwork, it's just common sense...see crewship, destroy it, just like every other enemy in-game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

Doesnt change the fact that its a PUBLIC match, aka "anything goes".

If you don't like it, go solo or try recruiting a team.

what a tired excuse for people not playing the objective. you must join pubs and stand around watching crew ships blow up a railjack because "LUL THIS IS PUB IF YOU WANTED ME TO ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME YOU SHOULD'VE SOLO'ED HOST"

Most my pubs 2 run off to do the Obj dragging fighters and ships with them slowing the mission. They then go inside and do part one of the object and sit there 14000m away and wait for my Railjack to come and blow up the thing outside.

I wonder all the time if they know that I would rather have an empty spot in my group so I can have hope of a decent player rather then them.

• Like 1

Hmm, I wasn't aware of this problem. 

Mine is getting at proper line-up from Slingshot, when I load up to penetrate a CS. But come to think of it, yeah, I do not see a lot of CS boarders - besides a few whom find it hilarious to slow everything down by hijacking one of them...

I have even considered starting to use IG voicechat just so I can request the pilot for the target. 

And still searching for that perfect weapon to use, as the Grineer troopers are so GD tanky. A weapon that I also find enjoyable to use...

44 minutes ago, --C--Nehra said:

lol, and DE is yet to make it solo-friendly (Yeah I know it can be done solo easy if you have lotta time and rng blessed you with good gear). 

I completed all RJ proximas solo without any platinum spent, with only mediocre/ crappy gear at the time when I finished veil and the sentient anomaly (Sigma MKIII reactor, Sigma MKIII guns, basic Shield array, no zetki avionics, no predator and only the starting crappy hyperstrike, also no abilities except particle ram). I did it without any hardcore grinding (maybe playing 2-3 missions on days when I played Warframe, sometimes less), and it didn't take that much time. People significantly overstate the difficulty of these missions, you just need to know what you are doing.

To the OP, regarding teammates, well, this is online public match making, a place where you can sometimes encounter such "amazing" people that you later wonder whether they can navigate their own house without constantly hitting doorways. If you want to minimize such experience, I would recommend to form groups using the LFG chat.

Personally I use public only for those missions where it's very difficult for a temmate to screw it up completely (like exterminate, defence).

• Like 5

Pub matches are a wonderful mess of none of your teammates doing crewships or them seeing one person leave the railjack and just letting them deal with them alone while one person is glued to the guns and the other just sits around doing nothing until something breaks. 

Boarding crewships being absolutely terrible is probably a factor in why pubs never want to do it. Need an amesha or hope you find the one pilot who doesn't turn the railjack into the vomit comet the second they see the slingshot icon in the squad UI. Or fly outside the slingshot's radius to pick up a random hull weave floating in the middle of nowhere near the start of the mission. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TacitCensure said:

what a tired excuse for people not playing the objective.

Depends their understanding of what to do, which the game does not explain. They may not have a concept that just killing the things isn't the whole point to another player with a motive of a set goal, strategy, time limit, plan, and attitude to boot.

• Like 2

Having expectations in a pub is a recipe for dissapointment.

Although i do feel sorry for you , there really not much you can do in pub other than be ready to solo it.

Can't you board the crewships while your crew blast the fliers with turrets? Or use the artillery  yourself?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Can't you board the crewships while your crew blast the fliers with turrets? Or use the artillery  yourself?

You can do everything by yourself, but it obviously takes time and exposes your ship, and makes you question why are your teammates there to begin with. Also I bet that the moment you decide to stop piloting to use artillery, some rando will take over the ship and make it impossible for you to line up the shot.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Depends their understanding of what to do, which the game does not explain. They may not have a concept that just killing the things isn't the whole point to another player with a motive of a set goal, strategy, time limit, plan, and attitude to boot.

I don't think it's all that unreasonable to expect a person who has access to veil missions to know the most bare of basics of playing the mode.

Consider that the public players have not looked up how to do it on youtube. ..They're in a space ship surrounded with awesome flashy things to shoot, and they have a team of other demi-gods like themselves around if things get rough. If they go, "Woah! *pew pew* Wee! Man this is sweet. I could get the hang of this," then that is a reasonable reaction.

They're not thinking about the mission like they've got a bus to catch. It likely isn't their 5th out of 20 runs by sundown or whatever goal or constraint a player who, "knows what they're doing," demands of themselves. To demand and expect that of others is asking things of the game that the game doesn't offer.. it's asking for preconditions that one can resolve through recruiting people to roles before mission.

If it bothers you to think that a player may be inexperienced, confused, captivated, and not rehearsed or familiar with optimization.. then public is not a safe environment for you.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Consider that the public players have not looked up how to do it on youtube. ..

It would be fair for earth or maybe Saturn, but the person is talking about Veil. You can't even que for Veil if you don't have an intrinsic at level 7, which is a bit of playtime. If by this point you still didn't figure out that you might need to board crew ships, or you at least ask in chat "do you want me to board now?", then I can only deduce that you were a dead weight the whole time you played RJ with other people.

Like I mentioned previously, I completed RJ solo without any guides, and this stuff is not rocket science. In fact you can't complete the first effin mission without realizing that you need to board effing crew ships.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

this stuff is not rocket science

If those players have made it to intrinsic 7, then maybe their approach also works? I mean.. evidently. Just not up to par for a certain player's expectations. It could be that you can get all the way there not being refined or efficient. Winging it might just be a viable and enjoyable strategy for them.

There are players who feel the way to play is to be optimal. There are also others who have found it's not terribly important to treat the game with utmost dedication to refining strategies, meeting self imposed time limits, etc. It is a video game after all, and it does strike a considerable portion of the player base, that that level of grind squeezes the fun out of it.

Consider the difference between a player who is trying to speed run, and the kind of player that find opening lockers to be enjoyable, even if the rewards aren't as fast or worth while. The fun and experience is worth while. ..Well, unless someone tells them their inept, and stepping on their toes for shooting something they didn't want them to shoot.

If there is an emphasis that a player must know and utilize the mechanics of the game to achieve the best goal possible for the party, then Matchmaking is a mechanic that was neglected for the sake of casual fun and brevity.. so it's a two way street in that regard. Players may just do things based on fun and short attention span.. and not a rat race to be the best at something that isn't meant to be a job.