Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros strength Desecrate

(PSN)draco_86

Question

I had group of friends who started a theory and  tested it. They ran a normal Nekros desecrate build, the extra drops were normal. They then tried a high strength build for desecrate. The drops were of better quality.

The backstory. They were running the anomaly trying to get blueprints. They only started succeeding with a high strength build desecrate.

So they started a theory that the higher the strength on nekros you desecrate from the top of the pool while a low strength desecrates from the bottom of the pool.

My personal testing with this were odd. My survivability is trash first off but I noticed the one time I tried it in a survival on Ophelia something happened. The drops weren't different BUT omg the enemies were tripled. This made the enemy levels jump to sortie level before 10 minutes. It was exciting but this could have just been an odd glitch.

Anyone tried a strength build to see if the drops are different?

11 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, (PS4)draco_86 said:

The backstory. They were running the anomaly trying to get blueprints. They only started succeeding with a high strength build desecrate.

What is “high strength”? And how many BP drops did you get? I have had no issues at all getting Shedu parts using around 100% strength on Nekros. Getting 0 - 4 parts in a run.

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

What is “high strength”? And how many BP drops did you get? I have had no issues at all getting Shedu parts using around 100% strength on Nekros. Getting 0 - 4 parts in a run.

My normal nekros is the high range one. Very survivable I love it. I believe it is like a 40% strength. Personally I've never had a blueprint drop no matter how many runs I have done. I am now considering switching to Atlas for the mission. As mentioned above, I was told this. They said with a strength build they were getting more blueprints dropping than with no strength. But my testing was weird to say the least. I cannot survive with a strength build unless I change something

This is how religions are born. You would need to take a more scientific approach. I am extremely skeptical of these kinds of loot "revaluations". Considering how transparent DE is with their game mechanics I think it is far more likely we have a false causal relationship here.

1 minute ago, PapaPhysics said:

This is how religions are born. You would need to take a more scientific approach. I am extremely skeptical of these kinds of loot "revaluations". Considering how transparent DE is with their game mechanics I think it is far more likely we have a false causal relationship here.

Thats why I asked here. I have no way of testing it in a controlled situation. It is complete luck sometimes with how things work in a game. Sometimes I can start a defense and end at 5 minutes with 10 orokin cells other times I can play for hours the same level and never get one. I feel it matters when you start depends on what you pull from. you might have a bad roll from the beginning

14 minutes ago, (PS4)draco_86 said:

They said with a strength build they were getting more blueprints dropping than with no strength.

Well, without any figures at all no one can compare their results. I get fine result at any strength I have tried, no relationship has appeared. But, I haven't gone over about 130% strength.

This is RNG, that is all. Just ignore it.

Edited by krc473
  • Like 1

Nekros can only do 54% Extra Loot, look in the abilities. 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Desecrate

Nekros emits an aura of dark power that affects every corpse within a radius of 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meters, consuming the corpses and granting a 22.5% / 32% / 42.5% / 54% chance to roll the corpse's drop table again to produce additional loot. After a 2-second delay on the first corpse within range, corpses are consumed one at a time in random order, with subsequent corpses consumed at a rate of 3 corpses per second.

• Corpse consumption rate and drop chance are not affected by mods.