Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Dhamir, the Vampiric Tank

Gashabae

Synopsis - mainly tank with some debuffs while providing some support through her passive/health orb drops and damage through her blight enemy linking.

>>> Questions and suggestions are encouraged ! ! ! <<<

Base Stats

Spoiler

Health - 75 (225 at max rank)

Shields - N/A

Armour - 650

Sprint - 1.0

Energy - 150 (225 at max)

Passive and Blight Effect

Spoiler

Blood Link - Allies within affinity radius are linked to Dhamir, receiving 25% of healing she does. All sources of healing apply with an exception to stacking the passive with another Dhamir. This is not a physical link like Trinity's Link or Nidus' Parasitic Link but rather is represented by a faint black hue around allies within radius.

Blight - damaging a blighted enemy will damage all other blighted enemies by 25% of the damage the initial target receives. The Blight effect remains for 15 seconds.

Abilities

Absorb (1)

Spoiler

Upon activation, any corpse within a radius of Dhamir is consumed increasing her health pool. This increase comes at the cost of an increased energy drain. If the drain becomes too difficult to manage a second cast prevents her from receiving additional health and halts the drain. The ability resets if the key is held down, energy runs out while Absorb is active, or Absorb is nullified. 

Keep in mind...

The goal of her first ability is to help her surpass Loki levels of health and approach something between Nidus or Inaros. Dhamir should, within reason, reach a ~2000-2500 maximum extra health pool landing her at around 11k-14k ehp (this is with Primed Flow R10 + 175 efficiency + more than 99 duration + Steel Fibre R10). The consumption would occur at the same rate as Desecrate, however I do not want this ability to take away from Desecrate. I imagine in the presence of a Nekros the corpses are shared when in the radius of them both granting the benefits of both. The amount of energy drained will be shown on the ability icon in the hud, the amount of health will be shown in the buff/debuff queue.

Cost

• free (initial cost)
  • 1.25 energy (initial drain, can be reduced to 0.5)
  • 1 energy (drain increase per every 4 health pool increase, can be reduced to 0.25)

Strength

• 5/6/8/10 (health pool increase per corpse)

Duration

• Negative duration will harm the drain, positive duration has no affect

Range

• 5/7/10/12 m (radius)

The Mist (2)

Spoiler

There are two parts to The Mist; a lesser and greater mist form. If the ability key is tapped, Dhamir enters the lesser ethereal mist form becoming invisible to enemies, however she cannot interact with enemies in this form. If Dhamir attempts to attacking in any way she will be removed from The Mist. Holding down the ability key will cause her to enter a greater mist form resulting in a drain effect to her health. This increases her movement speed and damages enemies she passes through blighting them. Enemies that are blighted or impaled will periodically drop health orbs while she is in either mist form.

Keep in mind...

This ability was intended to mirror the effect of any basic stealth ability (Ash/Loki's duration based invisibility) with the qualities of Elude/Prowl (attacking deactivates ability temporarily). The greater mist form would use a health drain rather than a cast energy and duration. Dhamir must first be in the lesser mist form before entering the greater mist form. The health orb drop rate was based around Hildryn's Aegis Storm, sadly, Wiki does not provide actual numbers for the energy orb drop rate so I don't know how much weaker I'd like it to be with no base values to compare it to. I imagine it would be a little more than half as frequent (55-65% frequency).

Cost

• 50 energy (lesser mist form cost)
  • 50 health/s (greater mist form drain)

Strength

• 200/400/600/600 (damage in greater mist form)

Duration

• 10/12/15/18 s (lesser mist form duration)

Misc

• 14/17/20/25 % (sprint increase in greater mist form)
  • ?%/?s (health orb drop rate)

Impale (3)

Spoiler

Dhamir summons blood stakes out of the ground impaling enemies surrounding her. The stakes hold enemies in place damaging them for the duration they are present. Enemies can retaliate while under the effect of Impale. While in the greater mist form, walking through enemies that are impaled doubles the tick damage the stakes do.

Keep in mind...

When the ability description says retaliate, it does mean ranged targets may fire at her. To be completely transparent, even I can see the comparison to certain abilities such as blood alter and divine spears but I also believe this ability diverges from those enough to be considered unique in its own right.

Cost

• 150 max health pool (cast cost)

Strength

• 200/300/450/600 (damage/sec)

Duration

• 4/6/8/10 s (linger time of stakes)

Range

• 8/10/13/15 m (radius)

Misc

• 2x (damage increase from mist form)

Infliction (4)

Spoiler

Holding down the ability key causes Dhamir to drain all enemies within a radius of her. This takes a % of their health permanently weakening them reducing the damage they inflict. A press of the ability key uses her health pool and the stolen health from the hold key to blight all enemies within a radius of her. Every enemy that was drained increases the radius of this blight.

Keep in mind...

I haven't decided which of the two will be the hold or tap part of this ability and some suggestions would be appreciated. The 'link' damage between enemies through the Blight effect does not apply to the drain Dhamir preforms with the current hold cast (10% true damage).

Cost

• 50 energy (hold cost)
  • 300 max health pool (tap cost)

Range 

• 1m (per enemy drained)
  • 8/8/10/10 m (initial range)

Misc

• 5/5/8/10% (health drain, true damage)
  • 25 m (max range increase of per enemy drained)
  • 55/60/65/70 % (damage reduction)

<>

Strength

Absorb (1), The Mist (2), Impale (3)

Duration

Absorb (1), The Mist (2), Impale (3)

Range

Absorb (1), Impale (3), Infliction (4)

How I imagine building her...

Spoiler

Modding

Building efficiency and energy is key (160-175 efficiency, 600+ energy) .

Average range and duration is enough (Range 145-190, Duration 100-155).

Strength is not the key to doing damage (as much as you want).

Health and shields should not be modded for (health increases via Absorb and she has no shield, smh my head).

Armour is great (Steel Fibre).

Arcanes

Pulse (increases the health she provides through her passive, 6.25 to 31.25 per health orb if pulse procs)

Guardian (increases her ehp)

<>

Thank you for reading 🙂 

First and foremost, I don't mean to take away from the creativity behind your ideas. Don't we already have 2 vampiric tanks? Revenant and Garuda (scratch that, 3 with Inaros). Likewise, I know I might be an outlier here.. but I don't feel every single game needs Vampires and Werewolves. ..That trope is done to death across every single entertainment medium. It made me think less of Skyrim when it was more encouraged to fight with Vampires, instead of against them. The Vasca update was kinda tacky.. and we may well get more tacky with Duviri if there are Vampiric Dax, but whaddya gonna do? People buy it like hotcakes. Warframe's world is so unique.. I dunno. This gripe is personal preference, so take it however. Vampires are the video game equivalent to, "Jumping the Shark," and are the plot line equivalent to power creep incarnate.

The health link is pretty neat, which is currently only for Pets.

So.. something Tankier than Rhino, capable of more health than Nidus, with invisibility.. With a more OP version of Garuda's spikes, and a more OP version of Inaro's snacking.

Think we might be a weeeee bit overdoing there.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

Don't we already have 2 vampiric tanks?

In the replies of the above topic I briefly explain why I do not consider Revenant a vampire themed frame. As for Garuda, I believe she was meant to be a gore frame. Regardless Dhamir's abilities prominently use blood so I can see what you mean there. I will admit that the theme of Vampires / Werewolves are completely over done in video games, truthfully the concept began at the first ability and the theme was built around it (Vampire seemed to fit the best).

21 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

So.. something Tankier than Rhino, capable of more health than Nidus, with invisibility.. With a more OP version of Garuda's spikes, and a more OP version of Inaro's snacking.

I never personally considered Rhino tanky but I also just straight up don't like him as a frame 🤷‍♂️.Yes more health than Nidus but without the innate health regen (I imagine her dropping health orbs a slightly lower rate than Nekros). I really like the invis and how it fits with the theme but I see your point, it provides another fail safe that she doesn't need. Originally I played around with a 1:2 energy:health drain on her first landing her at around 800-1200 ehp increase rather than the 2000-2500 she currently receives, I might change it to 1:3 since it is currently at 1:4. Reducing her ehp may help reason the existence of an invis ability. Her stakes may need some number changes, 600 at base x2 with mist form is a lot stronger than I originally thought it would be. Besides the damage I don't think it's very strong in comparison to Blood Altar. I honestly don't see the comparison to Devour, I'm not sure if you're referring to her first or the health orb drops.

Thank you for the critique, I have a lot to think about and some stats to change 🙂 

So first of all: rather than a "vampire" warframe, this looks like a "Ragna the Bloodedge" warframe to me. I mean, you have few hit points but good damage mitigation and a lot of ways to regain health, on top of promoting an "in your face" kind of offensive style: that's the Ragna the Bloodedge gimmick, do look it up if you're not familiar with Blazblue. What I'm trying to say is that such a concept is unique enough, compared to Revenant/Garuda, to justify this 'frame existing, so yeah, I for one am perfectly fine with that.

This being said, let's take a look at the abilities:

1) I like Blood Link a lot: it's unique, forces you and your party to think strategically, and immediately makes it clear what this 'frame is about. That's all I can ask from a passive.

2) On the other hand, I have multiple problems with Blight: it's straight-up additional damage, which strays from the concept laid down by the previous passive, it doesn't seem to have any limitations in terms of range (potentially allowing to damage stuff from across the map, but in a rather clunky, takes-a-lot-of-setup manner, compared to Saryn who can just press a button a cause people in a mile radius to die), and on top of all that it's called Blight, a term which in Warframe is aready used to indicate something else. So yeah, when compared to a situation such as Nidus (who effectively has two passives, but they're two equally important facets of the same design concept), here I don't see any reason why Blood Link and Blight should coexist: the way I see it Blood Link is the passive here, Blight should be done away with, altogether. Possibly work it as an additional effect into the abilities themselves, but honestly I wouldn't even do that.

3) Absorb is hella strong for a 1. Also, while I understand your desire to make this coexist with Desecrate, the way you've worded right now makes that extremely diffcult to implement. A solution could be this: make it so that this ability grants you some manner of buff. When you kill an enemy while under the effect of the buff, there is a chance that increases with the ability's rank (90% at max level, unaffected by mods) of the victim spawning a special health orb IN ADDITION TO THE LOOT IT WILL NORMALLY DROP (this way you don't interfere with Desecrate in any way). This special health orb restores a very large amount of health, which scales with the killed enemy's base health as well as your own Strength, making it become stronger and stronger at high levels. Also, remember when you wanted your passive to be a two-parts ability? Yeah, in lieu of Blight make it so that, with the second part of the passive, this 'frame acquires the ability to gain "overhealth": you know how overshields work? Yeah that. End result is essentially the same (you're still increasing your effective health, numbers involved could be tweaked so that you'll do so at the same rate Harrow overcharges his shields), the internal synergy is more immediately apparent, and now you're not interfering with Desecrate. With all this said, I maintain this is way too strong for a 1.

4) The Mist is strong but, name aside, I'm mostly ok with it. I'd remove the Blight effect for the reasons already stated, and I'd also remove the "spawn additional health orbs" thing because, in this proposition of mine, that's what Absorb is there for. Instead, make it so that, when you deal damage with the "held button" version of this ability, you regain as health a percentage (affected by Strength) of the damage dealt: this way Strength has "double value" for you, as increasing it increases both the damage you do and the percentage of said damage you regain as health. And the buff granted by Absorb (whatever you decide that buff to actually be, maybe movement speed, maybe something else) should remain active while The Mist is active so that, should you outright kill an enemy with the damage of the "held button" version, you'd both steal some life and spawn the special health orb, for truly epic levels of overhealth.

5) Impale is the black sheep here, on the account of being the least original. I mean, you yourself felt the need to make a "I swear this is not Blood Altar/Divine Spears" disclaimer, that means that deep down you too realize this is the case. So frankly I would do this: come up with a unique, original 1 with a power level in line with what first abilities usually are in the game, make Absorb the new 3 (again, that thing is way too powerful, both your version and mine, for a 1), and do away with Impale altogether.

6) And then the ultimate: since I'm suggesting doing away with Blight as a mechanic, this would require a complete overhaul. Since the whole idea here is to gain ludicrous amount of health here, maybe make it a crazier version of Harrow's 2? Like, you reset your health to 225 (which in a pinch can also be used as a "set me back to full health" panic button), and then you grant a massive bonus to yourself and your allies (straight damage? Attack/firing speed? Critical chance? Something else?), proportional to the variation of health. Notice that, if you use this to INCREASE your life (again, in a "I'm down to 13 HPs, quick, set me back to full health" kind of scenario), then you'll actually get a malus, not a bonus.

Or you could go for something completely different from the 4, this was just an idea from the top of my head. Anyway, this is my detailed feedback :)

• Like 1

On 2020-01-18 at 12:33 PM, TearsOfTomorrow said:

"Ragna the Bloodedge"

With just a cursory glance I can see what you mean and I'll look more into it, seems like an interesting character

2)

I can see what you mean regarding the second passive, and I myself was double guessing what exactly I should do to bring more damage into her kit. This is something I am completely willing to scrap all together

3) Absorb is hella strong for a 1

Very true, moving it to a third ability would be a great idea my only issue with that is the use of her health pool as a resource is essentially limited to her fourth ability with such a low health pool to begin with. That's only an issue if I were to add a first ability which requires her to use overhealth as you called it, not saying I want to but it would be nice to have the option. I appreciate not scrapping the idea regardless of how op you consider it to be, you came up with an excellent work around and despite what I said before I prefer your version to mine so ty 🙂. However I do feel like it creates another problem. I initially wanted her passive to act as a weak heal explained here > https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1161592-vampire-frame-rough-draft/ < in the reply section. The sum of the enemies health, her health, and on top of all that being effected by power strength, I'm afraid the heal may be too strong and that the 25% link may cause her to approach the likes of Oberon/Wisp which was never my intention. It's entirely possible I'm overreacting and I like the reworked ability a lot.

4) The Mist is strong but, name aside, I'm mostly ok with it.

Super lame name I know 😞. Once again, I'm completely ok with removing the blight effect. Your suggestion of a % health increase is completely ok with me instead of the health orb drops. My reasoning for wanting the health orbs was for Health Conversion but your version would allow this interaction through her first so again excellent work. 

5) Impale is the black sheep here

The similarity came to light mid way through the draft but I genuinely think it is different enough to be worth an ability slot. We have Loki and Ash with practically the exact same invis, multiple frames with DR with minute changes. Seeing as how this new ability would have to be a first ability it wouldn't work anyhow and I'll take your advice to start from scratch (probably going to go with some utility for her first).

6) And then the ultimate

I'm personally sick of buff abilities because of how oversaturated they are in existing kits. There aren't many routes to go without copying an ability in some way. Reworking or starting over, as you said, is the path I'm going with but more along the route of CC with minor damage.

I'm going to have to straighten out what exactly her theme is before trying to rework or create new abilities but after that I hope you check out that version as well. Thank you for the critique and suggestions 🙂