Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream: 136 Overview

3 hours ago, FoxyKabam said:

steve looked so salty talking about liches

2 hours ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Steve looked okay talking about it, Scott looked salty to me.

Unfortunately they both avoided to talk about the RNG I wanted them to mention the most, which is the RNG stats on weapons, and now railjack things. 

Honestly when I was watching today's devstream the body language of the dev's kind of said they might have finally realised they'd basically screwed up with liches, excessive grind/rng and railjack and now have to gain the trust of the players again.  For so long DE have been able to release unfinished, poorly balanced or buggy releases and the players have just let them get away with it but I'd say railjack and liches was the point where players had had enough and in all honesty I'm not sure DE know how to deal with this type of 'negativity' to their releases. 

Yes they said a few things in the devstream about what they plan to do to fix things but the issue for me is talk is cheap and some of what was said was then contradicted a few minutes later so ultimately actions will be the deciding factor on if they've listened to players again (they pretty much admitted they hadn't been) and in all honesty even then I'm not sure many of those that have left will come back. 

Edited by LSG501
clarity
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Supremely disappointed that the star's biggest words are "New/more content" when that is the LAST thing the game needs right now.

Yeah, I keep hoping they'll see "Fix More" but they'll probably see "More New Content." 

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Supremely disappointed that the star's biggest words are "New/more content" when that is the LAST thing the game needs right now.

the thing is that the way that star was compiled new/more content could have been relating to a purely negative sentence such as the one below.

'new content sucks, needs more work' 

None of that is positive towards the game yet as with a lot of the 'survey' they could put a 'positive' spin on things in the way they're presented. 

Railjack to me is a awesome idea with sorta cool gameplay interupted constantly by frustrating bugs and a way to grindy gameplay loop.

Finally got my mk3 reactor but now i found out i need 1400 asterrite and i get like 50 a mission and after doing afew missions i just gave up again on trying cause the grind was just painfull the gameplay loop of railjack is simply not as good as the baseline loop with warframes especially when you add the stupidly scaled enemies and bake in stupid bugs that make it even worse.

Don't read sentences into the star. DE won't be as they have the original text.

And yeah, they may have mentioned a couple of specific rng mechanics, but didn't talk about rng in general. Steve's survey didn't have a question specifically on rng either. Feels like they're uncomfortable discussing it in general, and that's probably because it goes to the murky heart of their monetization strategies.

They don't seem to following a general principle to keep it in line with the actual replayability of content. Instead, the principle seems to be to push as far as possible with it, use it to stretch out playtime and keep players busy, and address bits and pieces on a case by case basis as and when players complain.

18 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

Those charts were affected by memes and operant conditioning lol, that contradictory amount of people who voted Empyrean on both of them implies that DE failed at cherry picking statistics. 

They did say that some people put the same on both but honestly that part of the devstream was pretty biased and trying to put a positive spin on empyrean release imo....  they didn't necessarily cherry pick the statistics but I would argue that they didn't necessarily come to the best conclusions from said statistics.. at least publicly. 

Edited by LSG501

It's not a contradiction for Empyrean to turn up as a big chunk in both questions. It just means that opinion on it is polarised. Some people like it, some people don't, and some people (as Reb said) may like some aspects of it while disliking others.

It would have been interesting to see surveys for other game-altering updates, like Second Dream. I know a lot of people at the time were saying they really did not like spoiler mode. It wasn't the space ninja combat they signed up for. Empyrean gets similar complaints.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

It was going up against Liches and Melee 3.0. 

Exactly. Considering everything that was added to the game last year, Railjack seems good. That tells a lot.

2019 was not a good year.

Overall, this devstream was disappointing...but I am getting used to this.

• Like 1

i only read the overviews, but I usually find something to look forward to in a devstream. This time, I’m looking forward to the ability to sh*tcan an unwanted Lich.

I don’t really care about Railjack anymore: ironically, despite my comment about the word cloud, Railjack really needs new content AND major fixes, at the same time, and like, yesterday.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

EAZBF0zaB4vrgW0SEPbbUWDuuaBMwtKHG5kues7o

71V3nSLOLyJ3d_3agcBGXVq6TCK61TJj2v75iWdU

Those charts were affected by memes and operant conditioning lol, that contradictory amount of people who voted Empyrean on both of them implies that DE failed at cherry picking statistics. 

For one, you're not supposed to cherry-pick whatsoever. You take the data you've got, regardless of any issues you may think are in there, and you analyse it. Any prevention of joke answers or other demand characteristics takes place before analysis when you're writing the questionnaire and considering what sample of the population you'll be advertising it to.

For another, despite the memes, some do say so legitimately. Empyrean is a strange beast right now - much of it is good, and much of it is bad and/or unfinished. Selecting it as both reflects that.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Granted, Vauban never actually lived up to the idea of his namesake, but this feels like "Also, screw you in particular, Vauban." 

Meh.  Community flipped their collective cheeks when DE basically remade Ember.  Perhaps they decided to make an all new frame this time around instead of doing that again but to Vauban.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FoxyKabam said:

steve looked so salty talking about liches

At least he was willing to admit Liches were rushed in some capacity.  It's not the best thing that could have happened on stream.  But i'll take it none the less.

6 hours ago, Aggh said:

Interesting seeing that Railjack was the most enjoyed addition to the game.  You'd never know it if you just looked at the forums.

Anything you see/hear on the internet is always a vocal minority compared to the silent masses that rarely if at all venture outside the content medium.  That being said, a large majority of the player base isn't aware of what Railjack was supposed to be like or had forgotten.  And this group of players tends to be more complacent compared to other groups in any game.  What i'm saying is you need to take both sides with a grain of salt.  There's a LOT wrong with Railjack.  But that doesn't mean there isn't anything good about it either.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

That's the silent majority speaking.  I really wouldn't read too much into the survey.  It's not only an extremely small sample size of their community but it was also a poorly done survey.

59 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

They did say that some people put the same on both but honestly that part of the devstream was pretty biased and trying to put a positive spin on empyrean release imo....  they didn't necessarily cherry pick the statistics but I would argue that they didn't necessarily come to the best conclusions from said statistics.. at least publicly. 

imho the survey was a weak attempt on not only acknowledging their mistakes but also attempting to listen to save face.  The survey was borderline biased.  Very open ended non specific choices and questions.  Barely any way to actually give your detailed feedback and how you really felt.  etc.  There is some useful info to be gleamed from the survey results.  But it really shouldn't be looked at by anyone with any serious conclusions.  More so just an interesting thing to see.

44 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

People said Railjack will fail they said, but... looks like they are wrong. Sure, it's not perfect but not a total flop.

Sample size was small.  Survey was poorly done.  The most vocal are always the minority for any game.  Nothing ever compares to the silent masses.  You really shouldn't be using this as proof to defend the state of railjack.  That's practically confirmation bias.  None of the content creators I bother to listen to thinks railjack is a total failure with zero redeeming qualities.  I'd be surprised if you could pull up even 3 well known community pillars that feel that way.  Just because we're overly critical and negative in nature doesn't mean we don't like any aspects/think anything isn't good about it.  You need to remember that we wouldn't be harping on DE this much and this hard about their product if we didn't care about it.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

oh shut up, the majority want big updates all the time, and eventually they will fix their stuff, its not perfect, but a game this size, im amazed its still going strong, contrary to what the doom prophets think

3 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Yeah, I keep hoping they'll see "Fix More" but they'll probably see "More New Content." 

I’m just glad LORE and NEW WAR dominated their respective charts.

Keep improving the new stuff, fix a few old things if you want, but FOR THE LOVE OF LOTUS (Or Natah 😏) get back to and improve the glorious core combat and all the love, pain, betrayal, triumph and tragedy that comes with an AWESOME/IMMERSIVE CINEMATIC AND GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE.

THAT is what I want more of.

And the big twist...we HAVE to have one or it isn’t Warframe.

Thank you, DE!

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Any idea where theres more information on the new rendering tech? What hardware would suit it etc?

Nightwave had a bigger impact on me than Railjack did.. Nightwave has and will continue to carry me through allot more playtime in that regards.

Edited by CarrotSalad

2 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Anything you see/hear on the internet is always a vocal minority compared to the silent masses

This is true, but in this case of Railjack being the best update in 2019 that you refer to, it's typically the opposite.

People tend to be much more vocal and critical when they are unhappy/disappointed. I would expect to see them wanting to express that disappointment where they can, including the forums and the survey. 

You don't typically see "vocal loud minorities" praising how happy they are. It's usually the opposite.

• Like 2