Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DojoCAD: a mobile-friendly dojo designer

Buff00n

• 4 weeks later...
On 2020-01-17 at 4:09 PM, Buff00n said:

hX6yxBA.png

https://buff0000n.github.io/dojocad/

Now you know what I've been doing for the last month :)

This app lets you build a "valid' dojo layout, taking into account not only the usual energy and capacity stuff, but also the actual room boundaries and room-specific constraints.  Features include: snapping room doors together, multiple floor support, and exporting to PNG.  My goal was to make something you could use on a phone.

Demo video:

Reveal hidden contents

I try to go over the basics in the video but there is much more documentation built into the app: Click the '?' button in the corner.  I think it's complete enough to call v1.0, but I have a long list of To Do's and known issues at the bottom of the documentation.

All the boundaries have been found by in-game experiment, waypoint measurement, or straight-up guesswork.  I've tried to err on the side of caution, but I'm always interested in in-game examples of where they might be wrong on way or another.

I've tried to test this out in a bunch of browsers, let me know if you notice weirdness in yours.  In particular I'm interested in how well this works on iPhones, because I don't have one to test on.

Leave feedback here or in git: https://github.com/buff0000n/dojoarch/issues/2
Bug reports: https://github.com/buff0000n/dojocad/issues/new

Thanks to @AeliosZero!
His designer: https://aelioszero.itch.io/warframe-dojo-designer

Updates:

Reveal hidden contents

v1.1: 2020-01-19

• Added compression for the model string, it saves about 30-50% on the sise of URLs. All old URLs will still work (thanks u/Almagnus1)
  • Added wall displays for the Dry Dock 1 floor below and 3 floors above to make it more clear that you can't build any rooms there (thanks u/Almagnus1)
  • Adjusted rules for Hall prerequisites and added a new rule to make sure you have at least one hall (Thanks u/yarl5000)
  • Fixed lower boundary for Dry Dock (thanks @KCToxic)
  • Fixed boundary for Crimson Branch (thanks KingOfYou115 and u/Ramarr)
  • Fixed the constraint on Obstacle Course Architect rooms to 5 instead of 3 (thanks u/Alighierian)
  • Added some keyboard shortcuts (thanks Kisutora):
    • Pressing R will now rotate the selected room. Note that this also works while dragging the room. Absolutely do not hold the R key down it is definitely not fun at all 😉
    • Pressing D will now duplicate the selected room.

v1.2: 2020-02-06

• Added my best guess at the old, discontinued rooms. Note that the dimensions, bounds and stats for these rooms are speculative at best. (thanks @ShadowMageAlpha, u/Ramarr)
  • Added a less severe Warning system, currently only applies to the presence of discontinued rooms
  • Added map icons for things that have map icons in-game
  • Implemented auto-scrolling when dragging a room near the boundary of the window.
  • Overhauled the menus, adding icons and close buttons and drop shadows and other cool crap.
  • Added visible door markers when moving a room.

v1.3: 2020-02-09

• Now showing rooms that are not on the current floor in the background in gray. Selecting a room now always goes to the floor that room is on. (thanks (PC) .--._---_.--_._.-)
  • Shift-clicking a room automatically selects it for dragging, so you don't have to click every twice to move a bunch of rooms in a row.

v1.4: 2020-02-13

• Implemented undo/redo.

v1.4.1: 2020-03-20

• Updated the boundary on the Obstacle Course Architect room (thanks yodaxep)

v1.4.2: 2020-04-27

• Updated the Observatory bounds, they appear to have knocked a few meters off the back in the recent update

v1.4.3: 2020-06-05

• Updated the bounds on the Crimson Branch yet again and slightly updated the bounds on the Chem Lab (thanks zaza7)

v1.4.4: 2020-06-11

• Added the Open Space room

v1.4.5: 2020-07-03

• Tweaked the bounds on the Obstacle Course Architect and Open Space rooms after further testing. The Inspiration Hall now shows up on the floor above it in game.

v1.4.5: 2020-08-30

• Added the Entrati Audience Chamber room

v1.4.7: 2020-09-10

• Oh, Inspiration Halls can be spawn points

v1.4.8: 2020-09-22

• Apparently the Entradi Audience Chamber can also be a spawn point

v1.4.9: 2020-09-23

• Taking a few bites out of the starter hall bounding box (thanks wingcobob)

v1.5.0: 2020-10-29

• Added a room counter for individual room types (thanks Vash)
  • Added resources

v1.5.1: 2020-11-19

• Added the Infested Chamber after disabling all the safety features in my drawing tool.

v1.5.2: 2020-11-19

• Tweaked the Tenno Lab bounds (thanks ---EGG---Fantoman)

v1.5.3: 2020-12-24

• Fixed the ceiling bounds on the Entradi Audience Chamber and Infested Chamber (thanks gyrozco)

v1.5.4: 2021-01-24

• Fixed the bounds on the Orokin Lab (thanks zaza7)

v1.5.5: 2021-02-09

• Fixed the bounds on the Large Garden (thanks @AeliosZero)

v1.5.6: 2021-03-19

• Removed the build dependencies between clan halls
  • Added the Starlight Market

v1.5.7: 2021-03-30:

• The Infested Hall and Starlight Market require 5 energy instead of 2 for some reason (Thanks @Smerkut)

v2.0: 2021-04-04

• Multiselect, copy/paste
  • Labels
  • Color coding

This is a really nice, high quality dojo designer that will be a truly immense help when designing my dojo. I have just one request:

Do you think you could add a setting to mark a room as 'constructed' and therefore subtract it's cost from the total resource cost? This would make planning for a dojo that's already partially constructed a lot easier!

9 minutes ago, Brinstar7777 said:

This is a really nice, high quality dojo designer that will be a truly immense help when designing my dojo. I have just one request:

Do you think you could add a setting to mark a room as 'constructed' and therefore subtract it's cost from the total resource cost? This would make planning for a dojo that's already partially constructed a lot easier!

In the back of my mind I've had an idea to do some kind of "build order analyzer" that gives you the optimal build order from a starting point to an ending point, but that's a ways off.

However, you can do what you want right now using colors. 

1. Give all of your new rooms the same color
  2. Click on one to bring up the room menu and do Color -> Select All
  3. Bring up the room menu again while they're all selected and click the resource icon by Duplicate:

UNQyPxp.png

2 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

In the back of my mind I've had an idea to do some kind of "build order analyzer" that gives you the optimal build order from a starting point to an ending point, but that's a ways off.

However, you can do what you want right now using colors. 

1. Give all of your new rooms the same color
  2. Click on one to bring up the room menu and do Color -> Select All
  3. Bring up the room menu again while they're all selected and click the resource icon by Duplicate:

UNQyPxp.png

Yeah, I also noticed another problem. The designer's forma costs appear to be off. Do you know why that is?

2 minutes ago, Brinstar7777 said:

Yeah, I also noticed another problem. The designer's forma costs appear to be off. Do you know why that is?

For a ghost clan every room needs one forma.  For higher clan tiers I'm dependent on the Wiki, which is incomplete.  Which ones are wrong?

Just now, Buff00n said:

For a ghost clan every room needs one forma.  For higher clan tiers I'm dependent on the Wiki, which is incomplete.  Which ones are wrong?

Well, the Drydock says it needs 25 forma, whereas the hallways just need 5, and I'm fairly sure that the forma cost for both rooms is the same.

30 minutes ago, Brinstar7777 said:

Well, the Drydock says it needs 25 forma, whereas the hallways just need 5, and I'm fairly sure that the forma cost for both rooms is the same.

Moon tier, I'm assuming?  If every room needs 25 forma at Moon tier then a lot of the wiki is wrong.  Got a screenshot of it? 

8 hours ago, Buff00n said:

Moon tier, I'm assuming?  If every room needs 25 forma at Moon tier then a lot of the wiki is wrong.  Got a screenshot of it? 

No, it's not like that. At Ghost Teir, every room costs one forma, yet while the Straight Hallway costs 5 forma, the Obstacle course costs 15, and the Drydock costs 25. This means that, according to the editor, the Drydock requires more forma than the Obstacle Course or the Straight Hallway, even though they're the same.

25 minutes ago, Brinstar7777 said:

No, it's not like that. At Ghost Teir, every room costs one forma, yet while the Straight Hallway costs 5 forma, the Obstacle course costs 15, and the Drydock costs 25. This means that, according to the editor, the Drydock requires more forma than the Obstacle Course or the Straight Hallway, even though they're the same.

I only have a ghost clan so I can't test this myself, but according to the Wiki that is correct.  The Forma costs do not scale with the clan tier the same as other resources, and they don't scale identically across all rooms.  If you build them at Moon tier then the hallway, obstacle course, and dry dock are 5, 15, and 25 forma, respectively. 

Again, I only have the wiki to go by.  If you've got a screenshot of something different then we can work to get that corrected.

10 hours ago, Buff00n said:

I only have a ghost clan so I can't test this myself, but according to the Wiki that is correct.  The Forma costs do not scale with the clan tier the same as other resources, and they don't scale identically across all rooms.  If you build them at Moon tier then the hallway, obstacle course, and dry dock are 5, 15, and 25 forma, respectively. 

Again, I only have the wiki to go by.  If you've got a screenshot of something different then we can work to get that corrected.

Oh, got it. I apparently misunderstood how forma and the cost multipliers interacted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

v2.2: 2021-08-10

• Added a spawn point marker and connectedness checking
  • Added local storage for saving layouts
  • Added settings menu with settings for showing other floors, showing map markers, and autosave

34QTM2F.gif

Edited by Buff00n
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Sweet cheese and crackers! I've been having so much trouble with Parent-Child permissions when I'm deleting rooms. This will really help me! Thanks Buff00n 😻

I have a pretty in-depth how-to video in the works, but I'm glad it's already getting some use!

• Like 2