Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Hunter Munitions

LoneWolveYoutube

You just forgot the root of Hunter Munitions META is the broken armor scaling and how Slash proc function works, didn't you ?

Fixing Hunter Munitions or adding more mods do not help people finding more diverse builds. In the end, no matter what is added, we (I believe most of us will do) will just return to Slash again. Unless there was a mod so broken that we no longer come to Slash damage as a "messiah".

I wish to see a complete overhaul of the current Armor scaling, IPS damage so that we no longer just dig our head into Damage or DPS mods. But I know I can only wish. Modes like Survival or Defense require "The best defense is the best offense" rather than something else like useful utility... This alone already complicates things.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Diangelius said:

You just forgot the root of Hunter Munitions META is the broken armor scaling and how Slash proc function works, didn't you ?

Fixing Hunter Munitions or adding more mods do not help people finding more diverse builds. In the end, no matter what is added, we (I believe most of us will do) will just return to Slash again. Unless there was a mod so broken that we no longer come to Slash damage as a "messiah".

I wish to see a complete overhaul of the current Armor scaling, IPS damage so that we no longer just dig our head into Damage or DPS mods. But I know I can only wish. Modes like Survival or Defense require "The best defense is the best offense" rather than something else like useful utility... This alone already complicates things.

A couple overhaul would be better than nothing.

On 2020-01-18 at 7:19 AM, LoneWolveYoutube said:

Option 2: Make it guarantee a slash proc on a headshot.  This might sound op, but if you're stacking multishot with a riven you're getting at least one slash proc most of the time.  Also, hitting headshots isn't always a gurantee and is impossible on some enemies.

yes please, I promise i wont aboose Harrow's 1 just for slash proc cuz HunMumu is bad for AR

On 2020-01-18 at 7:19 AM, LoneWolveYoutube said:

Option 2: Make it guarantee a slash proc on a headshot.  This might sound op, but if you're stacking multishot with a riven you're getting at least one slash proc most of the time.  Also, hitting headshots isn't always a gurantee and is impossible on some enemies.

yes please, I promise i wont aboose Harrow's 1 just for slash proc cuz HunMumu is bad for AR

On 2020-01-18 at 12:19 AM, LoneWolveYoutube said:

Option 3: Add more unique rifle only mods.  (This is what I would do.)  Make more mods like hunter munitions that aren't rng based that weapons can build around.  In the same way that you build around hunter munitions by stacking crit and multishot, these new hypothetical mods could do the same and add more build variety.

The Acceltra makes any other non-AoE rifle obsolete, so what rifles need is a mod that gives their bullets AoE damage. Basically Thunderbolt but for rifles rather than bows. And without the RNG component, just make it guaranteed AoE explosion. And with some other useful stat to go along with it so you're not giving up anything important by using it (because then the Acceltra would still be king due to not giving up anything to have an AoE).

We got Hunter Munitions in the first place to make more rifles viable and comparable.

Without HM, we´d only focus on slash based status rifles, because this is simply the most efficient way to kill high lvl enemies.

So HM is an alternative for crit weapons with low status rolls or no viable slash roll.

And you want to remove it "because you have to use it"?

How about those other mods that you use in literally every single rifle? Modding is always the same. Base Damage, Multishot, then either crit/crit multi or status chances and then, some elemental dmg and Hunter Munitions & a Riven, if available and effective.

That´s 99% of how you mod your weapons.

Removing HM doesn´t solve any problems, it just takes away a lot of potential weapons. 

The "problem" is rather how armor works and how slash behaves.

A better solution for more diversity would be to introduce more unique weapon augments that make boring weapons interesting. Like Acid Shells for the Sobek for example, which completely changes the way the weapon can be used.

Edited by IamLoco
  • Like 2

Just in page 1, the number of people that did not read or understand the intention behind this thread is staggering.

He doesn't want to nerf rifles, he says he wants a more viable method to make rifles scale with other content. (I'll assume his comment that only low fire rate trully profits from this, if you have evidence of the contrary, go ahead) Basing the scalability of your damage on a 30% chance (iirc) indeed doesn't sound right to me, that's why I tend to avoid rifles and stick to my tombfinger...

He's proposed several ways to make rifles as, if not more, powerfull with different more viable methods of inputing the damage. It's not the old "remove maiming strike" topic, precisely because maiming strike was extremely viable, you hit 5 guys => you get red crits as long as combo stays up. HM : you shoot, and if your CC is 100%+, you get 30% chance for the mod to do anything.

Personnaly, I wouldn't mind HM staying as it is, if there were other ways to reach that kind of damage. Or they could just bump rifle mod stats, or give us primed crit mods as for secondaries, could help a little bit.

• Like 2

Let's be honest. Hunter Munitions actually saves bad ARs and most sniper rifles.

Even with this sniper rifles are almost useless on Warframe, for sniper rifles and bows have almost no place in the battlefield of origin system right now. It is not only because the weapons are weak - that's because we don't have the node that long ranged pinpoint shot is a viable option. But, at least Hunter Munitions makes them playable.

You know, although Hunter Munitions is very good, but there are only one weapon that able to abuse it well - Lenz. Other than Lenz, only lackluster to mediocre weapons are able to get the benefit of Hunter Munitions well(and give the hope to make them usable), or don't need it to be functional. I don't think that Hunter Munitions is a problem. The weapons balance is.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

On 2020-01-17 at 9:22 PM, zuraja said:

Most Rifles are crap, so let's remove the thing that lets them be viable.

But his idea is to remove HM so that DE realizes how bad they are. HM is a crutch to make unviable weapons viable. But they should be viable without HM in the first place.