Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boosters time toggle

(PSN)Dazed-Dan-

So I've noticed that once a booster is bought they start immediately, which isn't necessarily bad. What does become a bit of a bummer is how the countdown still goes while a player is offline. Not every player can milk out the hours of the boosters, playing non-stop. I'm not aware of there being a 'toggle' for boosters but I'm curious to see if this could be implemented. The hours a booster is active for should be while the player is active and online. I'm not sure how the inner clock mechanics work in the game but it would be nice to have boosters purchased feel well worth the value. 

They priced and designed that you cant make use of 100% of the booster. They just want you log in more often for its duration.

If you could pause a booster. Then a 3 day booster will become a ~6 hour booster. A week booster will become ~15 hours.

As it stands, if you could pause a 3 day booster. It could last a 'normal, average, basic human with a life' weeks, maybe a month to rack up 36 hours of play time. They lose out on money that way. Its a standard free-2-play monetization tactic and not likely to change.

Then people would complain about relaxation time and pressured to run missions non-stop while logged if a booster is active and not be able to enjoying chatframe while they idle in game with friends. Then people will want them active only in mission and the booster time decreases more. Then people will complain about speed running more. Yay, slippery slopes.

Edited by Firetempest

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Dazed-Dan- said:

The hours a booster is active for should be while the player is active and online. 

I agree completely--it was strange coming to this game and finding out they were real time.  It can be especially disconcerting and borderline rude in the case of random boosters, since we have little or no control over when the timer starts.

Although realistically I don't see anything happening without a time reduction and maybe a cost increase.   

7 minutes ago, Kingsmount said:

When the daily tribute happens at night, so you only get to play for an hour or two before wasting the rest of the booster...

Log in more. Booster rewards are Rounded(3 × [1 + Day/100]) hours. So a 1000 day player gets 33 hours of booster.

But yeah. sucks it happens at 0 UTC instead of based on your region which would be nicer. Though it might be messy programing wise.

Edited by Firetempest

i just want them to be a gear item that triggers when you activate it rather than starting as soon as you pick it up, im a caregiver, i literally can't play at all on weekends, which means the only way to ever get one is to buy it for plat.  the 3day things are useless to me by default and it's kinda scummy that the main "free" way to get a 3 day booster is built to eff over people who can't play on weekends