Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I was suspended and I don't know why. DE was unhelpful

AlienFreak73

I came back to the game maybe a month ago and then I got suspended from trading about a week after. The strangest welcome back I ever got. Just randomly logged in one day to see a "you've been suspended from trading for 2 weeks" which was apparently in "good faith" and to give me a "second chance". I didn't even know how to trade yet. The problem is, I don't know why I was suspended and the message was very vague where it literally only said it detected "unusual activity". The only unusual activity I do is frequently fall through the map in PoE & Orb Vallis among countless other glitches. I had to learn tricks to avoid noclipping glitching through the ground.

I sent DE a support ticket but after waiting over a week to get a response, they literally and I kid you not; copy pasted me the same message I received ingame. I guess filthy cheaters don't deserve a human response. After I complained back they just said that they have a log file of something and that I should check what programs I'm running. Very unhelpful. So I'm currently in a situation where I have no idea if and when I'm going to get permanently banned because I don't know why or what caused this issue to begin with. If I have random software running whenever it pleases, I want to know about it so I can put that sucker under control. I would love to know what this "unusual activity" was so I could avoid it in the future but knowing how game companies usually operate, I'll probably never find out. I am at the mercy of their poorly designed anti-cheat system.

I'm just really upset that I'm being treated like this when I literally just came back to see whats new. This whole suspension issue kinda killed the fun for me since I know I could lose everything at any time. At this point, I'm still playing very actively but I can't get that feeling of uncertainty out of my head. On the bright side, I popped my first trade cherry today. Funny enough, I reported a bug regarding trading today. I swear there is a bug in every aspect of this game. I don't know what it is about Warframe but I don't mind the bugs here as much as I do in other games. Maybe it's because DE rarely fixes them and they've become a part of the game experience.

Anyone ever had a similar experience?

Its not like we can verify anything you did, how you did it and why. Your best chance was at support.

Personally, I've never had a false positive. I've heard of some trade bans from false positives to new mass resource drops like from Exploiter Orb or Thumpers when they were first released. But its rarely without a real reason.

7 minutes ago, AlienFreak73 said:

The only unusual activity I do is frequently fall through the map in PoE & Orb Vallis among countless other glitches. I had to learn tricks to avoid noclipping glitching through the ground.

This does seem quite unusual. I haven’t had any issues with this for many months.

Unusual activity and trading suspends usually indicate you got more resources than “possible” in a given time period. If you have boosters and kill Exploiter/thumpers you were able to get trade suspends for example. DE neglected to account for this on release and just left people to be suspended as a result. I do not know if it is fixed or not. But there are reports of it happening elsewhere too.

9 minutes ago, AlienFreak73 said:

I came back to the game maybe a month ago and then I got suspended from trading about a week after. The strangest welcome back I ever got. Just randomly logged in one day to see a "you've been suspended from trading for 2 weeks" which was apparently in "good faith" and to give me a "second chance". I didn't even know how to trade yet. The problem is, I don't know why I was suspended and the message was very vague where it literally only said it detected "unusual activity". The only unusual activity I do is frequently fall through the map in PoE & Orb Vallis among countless other glitches. I had to learn tricks to avoid noclipping glitching through the ground.

I sent DE a support ticket but after waiting over a week to get a response, they literally and I kid you not; copy pasted me the same message I received ingame. I guess filthy cheaters don't deserve a human response. After I complained back they just said that they have a log file of something and that I should check what programs I'm running. Very unhelpful. So I'm currently in a situation where I have no idea if and when I'm going to get permanently banned because I don't know why or what caused this issue to begin with. If I have random software running whenever it pleases, I want to know about it so I can put that sucker under control. I would love to know what this "unusual activity" was so I could avoid it in the future but knowing how game companies usually operate, I'll probably never find out. I am at the mercy of their poorly designed anti-cheat system.

I'm just really upset that I'm being treated like this when I literally just came back to see whats new. This whole suspension issue kinda killed the fun for me since I know I could lose everything at any time. At this point, I'm still playing very actively but I can't get that feeling of uncertainty out of my head. On the bright side, I popped my first trade cherry today. Funny enough, I reported a bug regarding trading today. I swear there is a bug in every aspect of this game. I don't know what it is about Warframe but I don't mind the bugs here as much as I do in other games. Maybe it's because DE rarely fixes them and they've become a part of the game experience.

Anyone ever had a similar experience?

https://piunikaweb.com/2019/12/10/warframe-geforce-now-issues-acknowledged/

Let me guess you are using an NVIDIA card with GeForce Now? 

2 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

https://piunikaweb.com/2019/12/10/warframe-geforce-now-issues-acknowledged/

Let me guess you are using an NVIDIA card with GeForce Now? 

Nah I'm on an old AMD R7 260X. I haven't even updated my driver yet since the new one apparently has lots of issues. I actually forgot to mention in my main post but the day before the suspension, I used a bunch of promo codes for some glyphs. I read something about possibly getting suspended if you add too many at once but it was already too late. I mentioned it in my support ticket but the way they responded, it seemed like it either wasn't the issue or they didn't thoroughly read my ticket.

10 minutes ago, krc473 said:

This does seem quite unusual. I haven’t had any issues with this for many months.

Unusual activity and trading suspends usually indicate you got more resources than “possible” in a given time period. If you have boosters and kill Exploiter/thumpers you were able to get trade suspends for example. DE neglected to account for this on release and just left people to be suspended as a result. I do not know if it is fixed or not. But there are reports of it happening elsewhere too.

Regarding the falling through the map; it usually happens when someone else is the host and it's always when I'm hopping on the K-drive and it even happens with Archwing but less common. It's like it puts me into the ground and then I just keep falling and resetting. The stuck or unstuck command doesn't work at all. The only way to get out of continuously falling and respawning under the map is to keep getting on & off the K-drive and kinda wiggle around - mash buttons and pray that it'll put me above ground. What I learned to do was to always jump before I use K-drive & Archwing now, so it equips it mid-air. Works well. I haven't fallen through the map since I started doing that.

This is probably one of the worse glitches I've experienced. This and sometimes when I die & respawn, it teleports me to the beginning of the map. That one is annoying. I don't like making people wait for me to catch up.

Unfortunately this could also just be DE's "anticheat" seeing a false positive. Especially with tradebans even support is aware that sometimes you get tradebanned for nothing. In the past getting too many smeeta affinity buffs at once was known for this to happen. Recently getting too many requiem mods from kuva survival fissure could also just tradeban you, that time support's response was more or less just to not do long missions. I understand DE not giving us a whitelist for programs in the background but they could atleast give us a list of programs they wont tolerate.

3 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Unfortunately this could also just be DE's "anticheat" seeing a false positive. Especially with tradebans even support is aware that sometimes you get tradebanned for nothing. In the past getting too many smeeta affinity buffs at once was known for this to happen. Recently getting too many requiem mods from kuva survival fissure could also just tradeban you, that time support's response was more or less just to not do long missions. I understand DE not giving us a whitelist for programs in the background but they could atleast give us a list of programs they wont tolerate.

Perfect timing! I literally just started working on the incubator to get a Smeeta Kavat. I hope what was in the past, stays in the past because otherwise I am screwed.

If I were in your situation, the best things I could do are spamming tickets again and again, spamming on this official Warframe forums, on Reddit blah blah, tagging a lot of DE and Moderators to see what would happen next, would there be anyone willing to help, and what I should do. I don't want my wallet and time spent on this game to be f***ed with either, so at the very least I would take a lot of efforts.

I played Mass Effect 3, and I just learned from Garrus: "yell loud enough until someone come to see what the fuss was about". Not sure if anyone would help me though.

These trade bans are just something that "happens" to some people and afaik nobody has ever reported anything escalating from being trade banned, like getting a permanent ban after repeated trade bans. If it's from some background program then generally it's anything that can or is known to edit memory values like cheat engine or some programs for graphical enhancement. Just having them open is enough to be detected by Warframe.

If you're certain you don't use anything of the sort then all we can tell you is to ask support again or do some research into others who had similar issues and found what caused it for them.

17 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

If I were in your situation, the best things I could do are spamming tickets again and again, spamming on this official Warframe forums, on Reddit blah blah, tagging a lot of DE and Moderators to see what would happen next, would there be anyone willing to help, and what I should do. I don't want my wallet and time spent on this game to be f***ed with either, so at the very least I would take a lot of efforts.

I played Mass Effect 3, and I just learned from Garrus: "yell loud enough until someone come to see what the fuss was about". Not sure if anyone would help me though.

This is anything but helpful advice. Doing this will only result in being told to take it up with support and continuing to spam after that can only result in deleted threads and eventually a possible forum ban. And spamming tickets to support not only slows down the support staff but is likely to get those tickets sent to the back of the queue at best and get support to ignore all your tickets at worst.

Edited by trst
  • Like 1

This is how Warframe works. I've never been suspended from trading, but I have been suspended from chat many times, the majority of which I either have no idea why, or do not believe that the punishment was worth the offence. In either cases, I have never been able to get an answer from DE explaining why I was banned (because they don't seem to hold their chat moderators accountable to their actions). I have never been able to appeal to have the ban repealed, even in the cases where I have proof that the kickbot mistakenly sniped me with a false positive. I don't even know why "chat suspension" is even a category in the Support Ticket system. 

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime