Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Kind of Warframe Player Are You? (Thread #4)

(PSN)BiomixPixels

This was a topic 2 years ago, and I started it, but it is already archived, for the THIRD time, so here is the fourth thread... w/ changes!

Many players here in Warframe do have such a common type. But, some of them may become rare. Idk why tho, but let's discuss this, shall we?

Based on Nature of Players:

The Noob - troublemakers and do not know how to do this and that... it may seem annoying, but for me, it's a great opportunity to help them.

• The New Student - the "doesn't know everything", but has great opportunities ahead
  • The Transfer Student - the one who knows some, but not all. Doesn't need teachers at first run
  • The Sampler - the reviewers of the game; game critics, who doesn't care what happen in the game as long as they enjoy it 

Of course, you cannot help them if you're not...

The Teacher - like The Librarian but during the battle. The coach perhaps.

The Berserker - veterans who always rages or very aggressive play style, Hot-heads in Warframe, actually.

Based on Battle Play style:

The Caster - welcome to the wizardly "solar system" of Warframe, where these Tennos usually cast abilities to kill enemies. 

The Archer - they seemed to be rare though, but I am one of them. They often use the standard bow as their signature primary weapon to kill enemies. The "rare archers" are the headshooters, where they often kill enemies with headshots. They are really good at tactics and survival though. Sometimes, uses light melee weapons in case of trouble. A.k.a "The Ghost / The Hunter"

Round Table - the melee people. Often use melee weapons. They have 2 classes:

• Knight - heavy weapon-wielder
  • Rogue - swords, daggers, staff, light weapons

The Boomer - Name all of explosive weapons. Lenz? Phantasma? Arca Plasmor? They usually equip with the big bad primary weapons (or small but explosive secondary weapons).

The Normal Ones - they are the "jack-of-all-trades" in using any weapons... well.

The Summoner - known for deploying clones, necromancy, and CLEM!

The Headhunter - the headshot guys... some of them can be annoying

Gilgamesh - in his epic, he is very adaptive... well, at least with Enkidu... so, this type of player are seriously adaptive and strategic, who knows how to play well. For example, when he is trapped by crowd, he may swing a heavy weapon or just use his abilities. If the foe is far, he will just use a range weapon. Very adaptive and smart. Almost similar to Archers, but very smart.

Descendants of Destiny / COD - whenever they took primary weapons, they feel like they are now in FPS games... well, often use primary and secondary weapons

Based on Class Style:

The Flash - the quick killers, quick runners, quick at everything. They are good at dodging things.

The Tank - a type of supporter who is the "Tank"... you know what I mean? They often guards everyone with shields. Also, the useful frontliner.

The Guardian Angel - the supporters who always supports. I know that there's a specific frame for those but they are usually them. They sometimes have pets, too. Normally, the healers.

The Time Mage - also known as the illusionist. Sometimes, Gara, sometimes Mirage, or Loki. Like the Caster, except they build up illusions, protection, and traps.

The Black Mage - The map destroyer, who tends to create destruction with abilities. One of the Caster's type.

Based on Map Behavior:

Treasure Hunter - a.k.a "Looters / Farmers". Always explore maps to see chests before attacking

Mad Genius - a tactical player who also solves ciphers quickly. I could be one of them, though. 

The Pusher - they are more on completing the quest than attacking anyone.

The Vendetta - known for making silent kills, equipping silenced weapons. Good in Spy missions.

The "Beguiling" - known for making noises, attracting enemies, and a bit of aggressive in play style. Often fails at Spy missions. 

Tour Guides - the pointer of locations and treasures, even special enemies

Based on Community Behavior:

Fortnite Tenno / Emotenno - whenever you kill anyone at Fortnite, you go boogie. Well, this thing still exists here. They usually do whatever they want when they are at the extraction point while waiting for others (e.g. Spending MP for casting abilities even though it's unnecessary, dancing, or placing some "chill" music if you are Octavia)

Tenno Runway Participant / Tenno's Next Top Model - the fashionistas of Warframe. They usually spend on cosmetics to have a good looking frame. They sometimes show-off their fashion at public areas (e.g. Cetus, Relays, Fortuna, Bazaar).

The Entrepreneur - yes, that's right. Traders! 

The Architect - known for decorating SO MUCH in dojo or orbiter. If Cinderalla's dojo is worn out, the tenno godfathers / godmothers will bibbidi-bobbidi-boo'ed everything.

The Rumpelstiltskin - known for doing CAPITALISM in in Warframe, also known for making deals like helping things for a price.

The "Rumorer" - this is your chatterbox in region chat. They spend time chatting than playing.

The Scientist - known for trying and experimenting new builds for the weapons, in this case, they go away from the meta

Based on Clans/Squads: 

The Manager - bossy at clans, always leads, well... can be seen at Squads and Clans. Counter of The Librarian

The Librarian - this is helpful to the clans or squads. They often help or give info of each thing they asked. They even spread some news like "Baro is Here!" or "There's a contest!"

The Camper - the one who do nothing in the clan

The Househelper - the one who contributes in the clan

The Joker - The one that makes the clan/squad interesting or happy and joyful

Based on Match Experience:

The Lone Ranger - feels better at solo... hates having squad

The "Archipelago" - Known for having squads in the mission

The Roulette Victim - okay, gonna explain this. Matchmaking is random, and sometimes, you want to do it yourself, but instead, you find yourself in the squad. Then, sometimes, they stole things.

The Fate Twister - the one who steals things from players (ex. kills, Kuva Lich, Simaris Scan killing)

The Stalkers - random invites, knowing infos on their clan mates. Maybe they can be rude.

So which one is your type? Let me know in the comments below.

Edited by (PS4)BiomixPixels
mrpyro12345678's suggestion

The Tank I guess.

I main Frost Prime because he's useful everywhere, including spy missions. Not only is bubble amazing at defense but the aoe freeze is crazy good CC and it breaks armor. He's tanky, he's versatile and I love him. Oh yeah and he can destroy cameras and enemies with his aoe freeze in spy missions way before they detect you. Stealth is still faster but I don't mind taking a few seconds longer while enjoying my favorite frame.

The Caster, Gilgamesh, “Beguiling”, House Helper

Caster because i tend to use Abilities to kill or deal damage to enemies. But sometimes, i use the Abilities to CC the enemies and kill them with my Weapons. Plus Garuda’s my girl. 

Gilgamesh because i tend to adapt my play style in different Game Modes or Missions that works consistently for me through the whole progress. Railjack shows that the most for me, if i want to deal with Fighters, repair and fill up Omni, Energy, Munitions, or Dome Charges for the Host’s Railjack, take out Crewships, or do the Objective while my Partners is dealing with the rest of the stuff, i would do that while trying to not mess it up of course (unless my Squad really want it to happen).

”Beguiling” because i tend to use Alarming Weapons and non stealthy Frames the most (unless you count Wisp as a Stealth Frame). Just Weapons that deal heavy damage while alerting the enemies. Rarely use Stealth Frames u less i really want to use that playstyle.

House Helper because i tend to Contribute for the Clan when it’s needed to happen, dosen’t what it is.

1 hour ago, (PS4)BiomixPixels said:

Based on Nature of Players:

Your characterization of the noob is.. perhaps not quite everything it could be? If that's fair?

The way that this game deliberately does not explain itself, you can be plenty experienced without knowing things. That's part of it's design. (Or a lack of a design, or however you'd like to see it.) There are so many little objectives/riddles/etc. in the game where I've heard, or said myself, "I'd have never thought about that in a million years." This results in people doing homework on wikia and youtube.. either because they're allergic to being caught wrong, they prefer the simplicity of a strategy guide over exploring the mechanics the hard way, or they're fed up with trying for whatever reason. However if you were to play this game, Completely outside of player or wiki/letsplay intervention, how much would you bet any of us wouldd really know about this game? Being lost is part of it at times, unless you choose to look it up elsewhere.

Not knowing something about the game does not necessarily mean a player is new. Likewise, knowing it all does not mean it's been figured out by that player. When shorthanding a player's experience as foolish troublemaking, and unrefined clumsiness, it places those who circumvent the discovery/immersion/mystery in a higher echelon or regard for reading strategy guides. That's some mental gymnastics I'm just not limber enough to subscribe to, my dude. Not knowing everything makes the magic show better, and sometimes folks are just here to be entertained. Lost and confused players are like everyone else, just without the strategy guides. (New or veteran.)

Some new folks aren't trying to be troublemakers. To paraphrase an old line, 'Do not attribute to malice what might just be stupidity.' ...or in this case, a player being totally unaware of some obscure sci-fi game logic (which warframe is good at causing) despite having every intent to be helpful and cooperative. Catching flak from party members about their performance will almost certainly make them assert some level of control by being petty, though.. if you see that exclusively, it might correlate.

So there's good noobs who are clumsy and green, but helpful and forgiving. There are, "What's The BEST?" noobs who stay noobs into late game with cheat sheets. ...there's... well, there's a whole a lot of potential human experience. Some of your suggestions seem a bit jaded, but have hope. Veterans aren't all salty fussbuckets, and indeed can look like any one of those (and many more) tropes depending the day. There are good ones in every strata, even the salty ones.

tl;dr: I'd answer, but I don't think I'm in there.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

IMHO being a good tenno involves being adaptive, so I strive to become one myself. I have selections of weapons and frames which I cycle depending on missions and whether I'm going solo or pugging. 

My fav weapon is sobek though, not really a boomstick but can decimate with the setup I'm using. Not as flashy as some of the weapons out there.

So, based on your list, I'm probably a gilgamesh (?) And a lone one in that (I play mostly solo for everything, except fissures)

You forgot to mention Vauban for the COD people! Some friends and I are playing missions as a Vauban only squad. It's stupidly fun, everyone has enemy radars and void keys to reduce health and shields, going from cover to cover. Which there is a surprising amount of. 

Resonance banshee squads are fun too, but can't deal with those around the corner ambushes as easily. 

Now with railjack out, I've been wanting to recreate my piloting school from another game, and take pilots in training on rides to learn dogfighting. 

3 hours ago, GrimSinner said:

The Leech - a person who extorts profit from or sponges on others.

That term is often just short hand to objectify anyone who isn't peak efficiency. This is generally more a bi-product of people who experience visceral disgust at the thought of seeing anything inoptimal. I might add, "Perfectionist," to this list, but perhaps that's what OP meant by, "The Berserker."

Edited by kapn655321

• 1 month later...

I'd add the "Glass Cannon". - Battle Play Style
Uses very high-damage weapons, like the Opticor, Kuva Chakhurr, Lenz, Rubico, Tigris, etc.
"Hunter" - Community Behavior
Usually goes for big headed muckety mucks (Eidolons, ALL the Assasination Missions for ALL Stalkers, Wolf, Orbs).
"Unorthodox" - Experience
Counter to the Metabuilder. Continuously goes outside the meta and tries something new.
For myself, I am Transfer Glass Black Mage Entrepreneur (rarely) Househelper Unorthodox.

I'm not sure what I am but I try to use warframes best suited for each type of mission ...

arbitration / ESO: grendel / nidus, atlas, wukong, inaros, excalibur ...

spy missions ivara. (only in uranus and kuva fortress because they are very diffcult with many lasers and cameras ...)

Defense missions frost / vauban.

I am not emotional or proud that I identify with warframes. I use them to get the best out of it.

Relaxed Older Gamer

Closest is The Sampler, but I am no game critic.

I just like to relax and shoot some stuff, not get my panties in a wad over some minutiae that's been changed in the game that alters a meta-frame performance by .5%, in a game where it's all already overkill...I just don't have the energy for gamer rage.

I play games, I don't live them or allow them to play me.