Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania Speed OP

kwlingo

That's just Titania for you, isn't it? Her 4 makes her extremely fast, extremely "tanky" (high evasion + aviator + you can jut fly out of enemy reach) and extremely powerful in terms of sheer damage output, courtesy of the crazy fire rate of the Dex Pixia... And then, sadly, there's the rest of her kit.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, (PS4)joehan1287 said:

When you toggle sprint in razor wing she doesn't stop to move, only when you aim. Is that fix on PC?

Nope, unfortunately not.

We used to be able to manuever while sprinting in razorwing, but after a certain update (don't remember exactly which one) they changed titanias' razorwing mechanics and now when sprinting she goes much faster but she is always going forward... it's annoying honestly, being forced to constantly disable sprint while using titania. My only tip for those who want to play ttitania is to disable "lock sprint after letting go of sprint key", so that you can press shift to sprint and the moment you let go she slows down. Otherwise it's too much of a bother to play her properly (not saying it's impossible, but at the very least it's annoying for me.)

Yeah, I just did the MR 25 test and tried to do it with her - seems ideal, right? - but her locked sprint movement made it easier to turn off her 4 and just use the Archwing to go from platform to platform. Also, it was damn near impossible to hit anything with her Diwata, so that also sucked. I think that's related to the Archwing Melee brokenness too. 

4 hours ago, Methanoid said:

You could use this to make it so a bunch of skills that don't help your strategy by themselves will at least make your guns stronger, yes.

Or, hear me out on this one, you could mod your guns so that they'll be strong to begin with, and avoid spending on skills (which you wouldn't want to cast anyway hadn't it been for that augment) the energy you need to stay in Razorwing longer.

That's the big problem with Titania: if using a function doesn't directly contribute to my main strategy AND it consumes the resource I need for said main strategy, then telling me "with this augment you can make it so that the function will have the SIDE EFFECT of making the main strategy stronger" is not a fix. It's still a fact that the primary effect of that function is not contributing to my strategy, and that in order to obtain that effect I'm spending the same resource I need for my main strategy. So might as well spend that resouce on the main strategy instead is what I'm saying: there's nothing wrong per se in casting your other abilities, it's just that between doing so and having 15 more seconds of Razorwing, the latter is the objectively more effective option 90% of the time.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb devildevil21:

after a certain update (don't remember exactly which one) they changed titanias' razorwing mechanics and now when sprinting she goes much faster but she is always going forward... it's annoying honestly, being forced to constantly disable sprint while using titania. My only tip for those who want to play ttitania is to disable "lock sprint after letting go of sprint key", so that you can press shift to sprint and the moment you let go she slows down. Otherwise it's too much of a bother to play her properly (not saying it's impossible, but at the very least it's annoying for me.)

They changed the controls for razor wing to use the new arching controls but this sprint behavior seems like a bug. On console the sprint toggle is on L3 so its difficult to move an press L3 at the same time.

10 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

Nope, unfortunately not.

We used to be able to manuever while sprinting in razorwing, but after a certain update (don't remember exactly which one) they changed titanias' razorwing mechanics and now when sprinting she goes much faster but she is always going forward... it's annoying honestly, being forced to constantly disable sprint while using titania. My only tip for those who want to play ttitania is to disable "lock sprint after letting go of sprint key", so that you can press shift to sprint and the moment you let go she slows down. Otherwise it's too much of a bother to play her properly (not saying it's impossible, but at the very least it's annoying for me.)

It was whatever update they pushed just before Empyrion, I recall this because they specifically said they where Updating Titanias Razorwing controls to bring her in line with all the other Archwing..... Then when they pushed Empyrion they changed every other Archwing control >>>EXCEPT TITANIA<<< to a control scheme that was essentially the old Razorwing.

I've complained about this for years with regard to the old (pre Empyrion) Archwing controls and suspect it will probably be years (unless the impending Titania Prime actually motivates them) before they remember Titania has a mode with the old Archwing Controls. 

Which is especially frustraiting because Old Razorwing and New Empyrion controls JUST WORK so it perplexes me to no end why they went out of their way to copy over the broken Archwing controls to Titania when they where just going to replace them a patch later (for everything except Razorwing) anyhow. 

Titania is the fastest warframe in the game. Around 300% power strength, she reaches +650 meters per second.

This ofc excludes Nova, who can teleport.

Many players don't know how fast she goes, mainly because very few people play as her.

• Like 5

vor 11 Minuten schrieb TearsOfTomorrow:

You could use this to make it so a bunch of skills that don't help your strategy by themselves will at least make your guns stronger, yes.

Or, hear me out on this one, you could mod your guns so that they'll be strong to begin with, and avoid spending on skills (which you wouldn't want to cast anyway hadn't it been for that augment) the energy you need to stay in Razorwing longer.

That's the big problem with Titania: if using a function doesn't directly contribute to my main strategy AND it consumes the resource I need for said main strategy, then telling me "with this augment you can make it so that the function will have the SIDE EFFECT of making the main strategy stronger" is not a fix. It's still a fact that the primary effect of that function is not contributing to my strategy, and that in order to obtain that effect I'm spending the same resource I need for my main strategy. So might as well spend that resouce on the main strategy instead is what I'm saying: there's nothing wrong per se in casting your other abilities, it's just that between doing so and having 15 more seconds of Razorwing, the latter is the objectively more effective option 90% of the time.

This is mostly used for Hemocyte/Lephantis because of his Damage Cap per Shot you have to Maximize the Fire Rate. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PS4)joehan1287 said:

This is mostly used for Hemocyte/Lephantis because of his Damage Cap per Shot you have to Maximize the Fire Rate. 

Yes, that is entirely reasonable (although I personally have found better results modding for fire rate and saving the energy to stay in the air the whole fight, but that might be just personal bias), and by the way apologies for kinda derailing the conversation. It's just, Titania is one of the 'frames I like the most, but as a game designer myself, I cannot look past the obvious flaw in the logic behind her design, so whenever the occasion arises to discuss her I just can't help myself.

55 minutes ago, (PS4)joehan1287 said:

When you toggle sprint in razor wing she doesn't stop to move, only when you aim. Is that fix on PC?

Not fixed yet. Funny thing is I reported it again today since I've just recently started to use toggle sprint due to Empyrean. And now with Plague Star going on I'm back to playing Titania and it is a mess with toggle sprint.

So now it is just pop into #4 for combat, then pop out, g into archwing, toggle on sprint and blink to next objective, then pop into #4 and just use basic speed during combat.

No idea why it is bugged like that on her since nothing else in the game uses an auto-run function.

21 hours ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

Yes, that is entirely reasonable (although I personally have found better results modding for fire rate and saving the energy to stay in the air the whole fight, but that might be just personal bias), and by the way apologies for kinda derailing the conversation. It's just, Titania is one of the 'frames I like the most, but as a game designer myself, I cannot look past the obvious flaw in the logic behind her design, so whenever the occasion arises to discuss her I just can't help myself.

she can use the augment and easily stay in razorwing 100% of the time retaining both flight speed and attack speed buffs if/when needed?

iWoOQwj.jpg

i just use something like this for openworld, esp plaguestar and just replace the augment with something else like Energy Conversion if in indoor maps, the terribad range isnt a big deal, just hover over the head of something and get the razorwing buffs spamming 1, its not the like bad days when she didnt have vacuum, she easily stays in flight without running out of energy.

Edited by Methanoid

to be honest, even with Razorwing augment, she is not so fast in regular circumstances (she is easily surpassed by Wukong, for example), but if other players have aura that buff speed and maybe a Volt in the squad... well then yes she is pretty fast.

1 hour ago, ILOHARTA said:

to be honest, even with Razorwing augment, she is not so fast in regular circumstances (she is easily surpassed by Wukong, for example), but if other players have aura that buff speed and maybe a Volt in the squad... well then yes she is pretty fast.

shes not exactly slow, esp with razorwing, she can be just as effective as an archwing if you just spam 1 a few times on any friendly/enemy mob before heading off.

3 hours ago, ILOHARTA said:

Wukong??? Titania easily outruns wukongs cloud walker with her razorwing blitz at 198% power strength. How do you see wukong being faster than her with razorwing blitz is beyond me.

She does not need a volt buff at all.

Edited by Aadi880
  • Like 1

On 2020-01-18 at 9:19 AM, Aadi880 said:

Many players don't know how fast she goes, mainly because very few people play as her.

This is true. I never played her till I saw that guy blizzing pass my Nova. With her augment at x4 she can only be controlled in open world if not she will be running into everything. lol

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Titania easily outruns wukongs cloud walker with her razorwing blitz at 198% power strength.

I can easily outrun your BMW if I equip a Ferrari engine on my Ford... (I didn't put that much strength, favored tankyness... ppl never believe how tanky Titania can be)

vor 23 Stunden schrieb ILOHARTA:

With Razorwing Blitz, you can determine how fast she is by the number of abilities she uses.

Maxed, she rushes over the plains in a speed you only know from Itzal ports.

If you enter a structure (e.g. to get the Toxin), you buff her less, simply by casting her first ability only once or twice.

She is definitely faster than any other frame, including Wukong (got a full Umbra, high strength / duration sprint Wukong myself).

• Like 1