The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better Textures on Engines with RJ alternate skins

Doraz_

pYE4kwr.jpg

Maybe with the new ships the materials of the engines can change as well?

It's a problem with other components as well ( shields namely ).

In addition the first color seems to alter the tint of the second one as well.

All of this makes RJ fashion a bit difficult and un-rewarding, as you either have the engines that don't match or the body with the more prevalent color you didn't want.

It pisses me off so much every time to see a new item have this issue. It's like they hear us but they decide not to listen. People have been complaining for ages how the color channels don't align and DE keeps doing that stupidity. It looks absolutely awful. In a game with lots of customization where fashion is half of the gameplay for many people this hideosity is still a thing. Shame!

1 hour ago, zioxei said:

It pisses me off so much every time to see a new item have this issue. It's like they hear us but they decide not to listen. People have been complaining for ages how the color channels don't align and DE keeps doing that stupidity. It looks absolutely awful. In a game with lots of customization where fashion is half of the gameplay for many people this hideosity is still a thing. Shame!

well, ... Anthem got that cool material swap feature ... now that it's kinda dead ... maybe WF can be "inspired" by it, no ?

hope the new rendering makes swapping shaders or making reliable matrerials on the fly a possibility.

6Y9jujK.jpg

an update to show another example ...

... and take the occasion to say that i hope the art and tech team is paid good enough, because the metallic part is beautiful to look at ❤️

to properly fix this, it's not a matter of color only, but of the material in all its components.

maybe special versions of all/most components for each ship skin will be faster to implement.

---unrelated, probably wrong place but don't know where to put it-----

Another issue is that currently the carracinoxx is the Ugliest weapon in my opinion, followed by the cryphon.

it would be best if they get remodelled to make them work like the apok, taking the color from the ship itself.

I wanted to suggest changes with a drawing, but for now i'll just write it down:

carracinox

spool-up mechanic and animation, the current circle of energy spins faster, zetki would be a choice for those that want a faster spool-up ( similar to soma) ...  i would go with vidar anyway

cryphon

ice formations on the turrets, disappearing after firing and forming slowl again, that visually informs the player of the state of the gun ( if ready or not to fire), to invite player to NOT mash the left mouse button 🙂

other changes

pulsar and photor need a buff in fire rate/ticks, Damage-wise it "should" but ...

This is a hige problem, as these are guns "supposed" to be used for long range engagements ..... but ships are too tiny xD ...these are not projectiles, and making them a projectile with fast velocity i assume would break the hit detection with capped physic checks,

I think an auto-aim is the best solution!

these can be guns that by default have the auto aim mechanic from the combat intrinsic tree. i love them but i feel people are ignoring these weapons ( i always get complaints cuz in my ship i use them ... for fashion), and i think this would completely flip the statistics, expecially for new players.

there's more but this is not the place, i'll make a list in the general feedback thread if i have time