Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition: "Momma don't wanna be tickled" must be a Lotus dialog line in The New War

BrazilianJoe

What would be Warframe without some inside jokes? 

Warframe of course, but with less inside jokes. 

Devstreams always drop some gems, this is the a little golden nugget from 136th.

"Momma don't wanna be tickled"

Make Lotus say it!

Edited by BrazilianJoe
  • Like 6

Dude, learn to read the atmosphere and to understand the situation. An inside joke as an "easter egg" kind of line would be an AWESOME thing, and I would normally be in favor of it (not to mention the devs are very good at comedy and don't make the mistake of putting themselves on a pedestal nor taking themselves too seriously, so they'd easily pull it off)... But NOT during the New War, which is shaping up to be a major turning point in the plot and a massive, emotional gut punch for the players. A dramatic, high-tension climax is not the appropriate time to make silly inside jokes <.<

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

What would be ok if you choose to save her.

(I heard people debating about whether to kill or save Lotus, just no idea if the choice would become a thing in the future)

I doubt that there would be a choice considering they would have to continue the story for either option and that would be double the work for them considering that the Lotus is a important character.

And where exactly would you put such a stupid line in what will likely be a very dramatic end to the ongoing story? You do know such a line dropped in at such an important moment will not only ruin the character (who is already pretty ruined and needs to die asap), but the story as a whole, right?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

I doubt that there would be a choice considering they would have to continue the story for either option and that would be double the work for them considering that the Lotus is a important character.

They could just have it as a boss fight where we defeat her. Just look at all the times we "killed" Alad V and he's still around.

• Like 1

It can be fit in a well-crafted situation where it would not be out of character.

One example:

If you are trying to fight her boss battle, but shoots while she is in an invulnerable phase, it would fit as a tongue-in-cheek comeback, as she adopted a mother role to care for the Tenno.

26 minutes ago, BrazilianJoe said:

It can be fit in a well-crafted situation where it would not be out of character.

One example:

If you are trying to fight her boss battle, but shoots while she is in an invulnerable phase, it would fit as a tongue-in-cheek comeback, as she adopted a mother role to care for the Tenno.

Except 'a place where it would technically fit' doesn't make it any less out of character.

Yes, it's a funny line. I laughed along with everybody else watching. But no, it has no place in the game, certainly not from the Lotus herself.

10 hours ago, Alkarnus said:

That's too out of character and would be terrible. Maybe as a line said by Maroo or someone else but not Natah

What about Natah after being doused with Sentient space drugs?

EDIT: Or Sentient gas leak.

Edited by nslay
  • Like 2

If this were ever to actually get in, they'd probably set it up where it's Tyl Regor making a surprise visit with his own ships and battalion of TEOOOBMEHN with him taunting Lotus with volley of lasers and missiles, shortly after having him say on the intercom "Momma don't want to be tickled? Well that's too bad!" before he launches a fleet of Tubemen ramsleds at her fleet.

Having Lotus say it would be very out of character but Tyl Regor would definitely say that.

Edited by Im_a_Turtle
  • Like 3

I don't know if it belongs in game or not, but I laughed my ass off when she said that.

Reb is great. She really makes all those streams for me.

Hey Reb! If you ever want to play with someone twice your age, I'm available. The wife says she understands.  lol