Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random Encounters (examples of how missions can be spiced up)

Sojufueled

It seems to me that part of the reason I burn out so quickly in this game is repetition. Honestly, for this reason I love getting invaded, because though there's no way the stalker can possibly give me anything I want, it's nice just to have something unexpected happen. None of these suggestions are fully thought out, but I think they can at a minimum illustrate that there are so many ways that missions in game can be made more engaging.

Relic Shrines. Fissure missions are really dull. I hate doing them, but I need forma blueprints and ducats from time to time. I think we should always have a relic equipped in any mission. Then we can have an ayatan altar or some such in the vein of a D2 gem shrine that occasionally appears and allows you to spawn some corrupted. You can even put them in some of the inaccessible stations in Railjack.

Next, turrets. It seems to me like finding one should be something to get excited about. In practice though, I just destroy them so no enemy gets inside and is annoying to shoot. How about just axing damage from them entirely and setting it to a % value. One shot does 25% of an enemy's health. If you worry about them being overpowered, they don't need to pivot so fast (so allies will need to cover your flanks) and they can also adopt the railjack overheat mechanic.

Containers! The only time I ever open them is when I'm really strapped for energy or ammo. Fundamentally I don't know how much the looter part of the game really belongs in its current incarnation, but how about letting us rip one of these bad boys off the wall and chuck it for damage? The same for exploding barrels. Perhaps the input can be holding the interact button? Some part of me wants updated loot tables for containers, but I also worry that doing that might incentivize running around the map opening containers, which isn't really what anybody wants.

Treasure Hunts. Mercy killing an enemy with a parazon has a chance to spawn an upgraded reward in a container somewhere on the map. A kubrow can lead you to it, or you can follow a trail you can see with your scanner.

Mutagen cysts. Similar to the ones you have to destroy to kill the hives, these are out of easy sight on infested missions. Taking one out gives a nice buff to your team for the rest of the mission.

Corpus reclaimers. Vulnerable slow moving vehicles that can be driven over bodies to produce valuable resources. Keep it alive as long as you can and turns waves of baddies into grofit!

vor 27 Minuten schrieb Sojufueled:

Corpus reclaimers. Vulnerable slow moving vehicles that can be driven over bodies to produce valuable resources. Keep it alive as long as you can and turns waves of baddies into grofit!

Wow, thats a bit metal, don't you think? On the other hand, the game is rated M, which most people forget...

One thing i wish since day one and trough the updates in game is, Syndicats, reworks of there Death Squads and Syndicates overall to make the game more lifely and them having more impact.

Second thing would be Invasions, a ble to happen live and having impact aswell, Corrupted Vor and Corrupted Units invading due a damged portal, Factions invading directly and taking over nods all over the places, able to let mission change always and at any time, let bosses and mini bosses appear more often, Gustrak assisitng agaisnt Alad V and Zanuka, SArgas Ruk fighting corrupted units and infested.

Show them more active on the battlefield. I had such to a minor instance on Lua, Corpus vs Grineer Exterminate, Sentients apepared adn Gustrak did aswell, Sentients fought the Gustrak while Corpus fired at both and Grineer asssited aswell against Corpus and Sentients. Gustrak lost and i watched from a far but it was epic in my eyes becasue it was out of the ordinary simply, it was as random as it can gets, one isntance back then was in when we had Void Keys still, Stalker and Corrupted Vor fought each other there aswell.

Now you see such never at all again, not even story wise or even in Railjack i would wish for a fleet to warp in and fight the other factions as example.

22 hours ago, Sojufueled said:

Containers! The only time I ever open them is when I'm really strapped for energy or ammo. Fundamentally I don't know how much the looter part of the game really belongs in its current incarnation, but how about letting us rip one of these bad boys off the wall and chuck it for damage? The same for exploding barrels. Perhaps the input can be holding the interact button? Some part of me wants updated loot tables for containers, but I also worry that doing that might incentivize running around the map opening containers, which isn't really what anybody wants.

It's funny, I've been thinking lately that Warframe is really two different games. When you start out, it's slower, stealthier, more "tactical" (though not, y'know, Rainbox Six or anything), and you want to be (in fact, probably need to be) looting every container and locker that's not nailed down, and you are thinking "Just ONE energy blob, please?"

Then you get some ways into the game, have a modest stockpile of materials under your belt, and it rather suddenly becomes the high-speed blitz game where you might notice a container in your peripheral vision, among all of the scattered body parts from the 70 enemies you just effortlessly nuked. You don't think much about energy, ammo, or even health, and you utterly ignore containers unless they're making a high-pitched noise. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 1