Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Request] Allow Forma To Give You Rank

Fire_Ashes

I hear talks about De trying to take down the grind. And right now i am scratching my eyes out trying to get to rank 7 to unlock some new content. So i am looking at my Forma and thinking WHY THE **** DON"T YOU ALLOW ME TO GAIN RANK?????? Anyway I think it would be good for Warframe as a whole to do this.

1.) Cuts down the grind and allows you to keep leveling up weapons that you enjoy.

2.) More people will be inclined to buy forma

3.) Just gives an all around new purpose for forma!

Some of you might say things like.

1.) We already have 17 Forma BP's. - Uh, no most people do NOT have any forma or bp's I have none right now.

2.) But then other people will not buy as many weapons with platinum. - That isn't why you buy weapons with platinum (If you do, your spoiled) People buy weapons with plat either because they are new or they really want it because they think it is cool.

3.) I Have already formad my weapons! - Sometimes you have to deal with it...

Anyway here is a pros and cons section that will be updated.

Pros

1.) Cuts down grind

2.) Allowing people to use weapons they like more

3.) People buying forma more

4.)New purpose for forma

Cons

1.) People who have already formad will most likely not get the rank back.

Anyway thanks for the read guys and i will update the list when i can! Have a good day,

-Epsilon

Rank 2000 off of a single heat dagger, coming up.

I dislike the idea, you're not mastering any new gun, and pretty sure this topic is stickied somewhere in gameplay feedback.

Just found that and it looks like it still has no answer.

Edit: And for mastering weapons if you are a new player you would most likely want to try most of the weapons before you say "THAT ONE!!!!" and for seasoned veteran players most don't like the weapons they would have to level.

Edited by Fire_Ashes

You can use unlimited forma on a weapon, gaining unlimited ranks with one weapon.

Sorry but I dislike your idea of getting mastery from forma.

The current system works well, get new weapons, level them up and move forward.

It is also fairly reasonable to assume that your mastery of the weapon grows as you progressively use it, so arguments like "get new weapons, level them up and move forward" are almost idiotic as they put pressure on developers to add more and more of weapons completely ruining even the chance of any balancing which sadly doesn't really exist at all at the moment.

It is also fairly reasonable to assume that your mastery of the weapon grows as you progressively use it, so arguments like "get new weapons, level them up and move forward" are almost idiotic as they put pressure on developers to add more and more of weapons completely ruining even the chance of any balancing which sadly doesn't really exist at all at the moment.

Correct, which is why restricting players based on the superfluous Mastery Rank is absurd.

The man who practices one kick 10,000 times doesn't want, need or deserve access to new kicks.  So, we're good.

It's just a money grab for replayability anyways.

"Wow, this weapon is good too! And this one!" /potatoes /slots

$$

Edited by Aishi

The current system of balancing needs an overhaul either way. Buy, rank, then sell is a surefire way to make people use only those very few best weapons at end game.

However, it is an important source of income thanks to slots and potatoes (read, impatient players, and yes I did that once and regret it).

It's just a money grab for replayability anyways.

"Wow, this weapon is good too! And this one!" /potatoes /slots

$$

Well, development isn't free, and this game is.  Money has to come from somewhere. 

Since we're dealing in soundbites, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth". 

I agree. The game has a ridiculous grind. It's bad enough I have to level up the same items over and over again, but on top of that I have to level a bunch of crap I don't want and don't plan to keep. It would be a lot better if we could get rank from forma'd items. At least that way you're actually progressing in the game instead of leveling an unpotato'd gun you plan to throw out as soon as it hits 30,

You can use unlimited forma on a weapon, gaining unlimited ranks with one weapon.

Sorry but I dislike your idea of getting mastery from forma.

The current system works well, get new weapons, level them up and move forward.

They could always just put in a mastery rank cap.

Edited by Lachryphage

Because it's Mastery, not rank.

You gain Mastery by Mastering different weapons, not by using 1 weapon for 100 hours.

Thus, the endless grinding. 

I concur with the OP. I mean, I like Ether Reaper and sorts, but, hell, its boring to level just for the sake of mastery some lousy sword or gun, that, in the worst case scenario, takes forever to gain xp

Actually, I would argue that a forma'd weapon is different pre-forma. The forma'd weapon can now achieve a different set of mods and the weapon is significantly stronger. Are you going to tell me the differences of a Hek and Strun Wraith? I use them exactly the same way, but I'm some how gaining more mastery just because it's a "different" weapon? What about Latron and Latron Prime? Should I NOT gain mastery since Latron Prime is just a bigger Latron? If I forma'ed my Latron, it will be able to do more damage, and I will aim and use it like the way I use my Latron Prime. Except the Latron Prime is exactly the same weapon as Latron except with buffed up everything.

By the current logic, you should NOT get more mastery for leveling a primed version of a weapon you already mastered. Orthos vs Orthos Prime? Are you going to argue I'm mastering two different weapons when the only real difference is that it's now GOLD, it has BETTER STATS, but it's STILL two blades at the ends of a STICK! It is then only reasonable to argue that the weapons may be inherently the same but the blades are more curved and the weapon could weight differently blah blah blah blah.

Same argument can be made for a forma'd weapon. It can now be modded differently, and it's damage out put is now much higher! In warframe logic, it's effectively a different weapon!

Anyway, end rant, I support increasing mastery from a forma'd weapon.

Also, this cut's down grind "minutely", as you still have to get the forma either through plat or grind. This does give more incentive to forma your already existing weapons. This doesn't mean people won't want to get a new weapon or save forma for a weapon they know will be better. These same players will still need "stepping stone" guns to get there. Will I really want to forma the crap out of a MK-1 Braton when I know a regular Braton will out perform every which way?

Edited by Vigilance

Actually, I would argue that a forma'd weapon is different pre-forma. The forma'd weapon can now achieve a different set of mods and the weapon is significantly stronger. Are you going to tell me the differences of a Hek and Strun Wraith? I use them exactly the same way, but I'm some how gaining more mastery just because it's a "different" weapon? What about Latron and Latron Prime? Should I NOT gain mastery since Latron Prime is just a bigger Latron? If I forma'ed my Latron, it will be able to do more damage, and I will aim and use it like the way I use my Latron Prime. Except the Latron Prime is exactly the same weapon as Latron except with buffed up everything.

By the current logic, you should NOT get more mastery for leveling a primed version of a weapon you already mastered. Orthos vs Orthos Prime? Are you going to argue I'm mastering two different weapons when the only real difference is that it's now GOLD, it has BETTER STATS, but it's STILL two blades at the ends of a STICK! It is then only reasonable to argue that the weapons may be inherently the same but the blades are more curved and the weapon could weight differently blah blah blah blah.

Same argument can be made for a forma'd weapon. It can now be modded differently, and it's damage out put is now much higher! In warframe logic, it's effectively a different weapon!

Anyway, end rant, I support increasing mastery from a forma'd weapon.

Also, this cut's down grind "minutely", as you still have to get the forma either through plat or grind. This does give more incentive to forma your already existing weapons. This doesn't mean people won't want to get a new weapon or save forma for a weapon they know will be better. These same players will still need "stepping stone" guns to get there. Will I really want to forma the crap out of a MK-1 Braton when I know a regular Braton will out perform every which way?

I never saw it like that, but it's true. I agree with every word.

The whole point of having to re-level a weapon after you Forma it is because it's a different weapon, right? 

If it's not a new weapon, then why do I need to re-learn how to use it? If it IS a new weapon then mastering it means improving my overall level of experience the same way that using any other weapon would do.