Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WHY DO YOU PLAY WARFRAME?

(PSN)Scarletboy76292

I am interested to know why everyone plays warframe. What does Warframe mean to you?

I will go ahead and tell you my reason. I have been playing since warframe was early on Ps3. I played Dark sector with Hayden Tenno. I was aware of DE and their work. I played when it was not really that good and I wasnt that good either Lol, but the movement and customization was better than any game I had played. At the time it did not have much story or no story so I played other games until it launched on Ps4.

I have Schizophrenia, DID, and PTSD I wont go too much into that it just means my reality is either warped with delusion, disconnected, or a harsh reminder of the past. Video games have always been a way to escape my reality when it is too much to handle and be who I want to be. Completing a difficult task in a videogame actually helps my overall mood and feel confident.

My life is a lot of feeling failure but I always try again. In games it is the same way I challenge myself and failure just means it is my next chance to be better than before. I really started to get into warframe in the last 3 years when it started to really expand. I also created a clan with my significant other and Warframe has been our thing for these last 3 years. Warframe is one of the Worlds I escape to and can be creative as a space Ninja.

I mean the fact that an artist can create a skin and people can buy it is something I have never seen. I love watching the Dev streams and the way they have fun and want to be involved is great. So Warframe is my great escape but it has also gotten me through hard times and brought me and my partner closer. 

What is your reason to play Warframe? I would like to know, I love this community. 

Edited by (PS4)Scarletboy76292
  • Like 3

I play Warframe because i dont have other game to play, + i began on PS4 for like 4-5 years ago and played for a week, and took a break till for 11 months ago when i started to play on PC. And after 11 months im maxed rank with 28 MR and 79,9k MR XP from MR 29. 🙂

When I was starting out. I was an Overwatch Competitive Player that currently went through burnout and have thoughts of leaving the game for good and PvP games in general because Competitive games toxicity levels are off the charts. Looking for something to play other games to refresh myself. Then I stumbled upon Warframe. 

The reason I play the game is because this game is relaxing because it’s PvE. No pressure about win or failure because there is no rush getting everything and the toxicity levels here are near 0 (well sometimes we stumbled upon toxic players but ignore button exist). 

4 minutes ago, Delilah said:

I play Warframe because i dont have other game to play, + i began on PS4 for like 4-5 years ago and played for a week, and took a break till for 11 months ago when i started to play on PC. And after 11 months im maxed rank with 28 MR and 79,9k MR XP from MR 29. 🙂

Wow I have been playing forever and I have been MR 16 for a while lol thats awesome!

3 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

When I was starting out. I was an Overwatch Competitive Player that currently went through burnout and have thoughts of leaving the game for good and PvP games in general because Competitive games toxicity levels are off the charts. Looking for something to play other games to refresh myself. Then I stumbled upon Warframe. 

The reason I play the game is because this game is relaxing because it’s PvE. No pressure about win or failure because there is no rush getting everything and the toxicity levels here are near 0 (well sometimes we stumbled upon toxic players but ignore button exist). 

Yeah toxic players can really ruin the experience. I made a post about a difficulty option so that is good to know, Thanks. 

There's really nothing nowadays that would be worth playing.

Warframe is free and it's trying to add more and more new stuff, meanwhile we have games like Anthem from the aaa publishers. Or Fallout 76.

You pay for unfinished garbage a lot of times and you hope that garbage will be finished a month later. With warframe you can just play the game for free and enjoy the new expansions that are also free khm Destiny 2 khm.

Other than that the game is fun and addictive, shooting, jumping, collecting loot all feels really nice. The game has an interesting story too. Tho I wish we would get more quests. 

And the music is also fantastic.

Well at first because i didn't want to deal with any online rpg game that had little waifu running around and people obsessing over who has a cuter butt...

Then i realize i need to turn global chat off and play solo, but it became about finding cool ways to do things and completing what I could to find the lore.

Then i stayed around because pvp i really enjoyed it while i waited for new content.

Sadly now i got bad connection and bad laptop so i just do solo missions and play simulacrum testing stuff out.

But i still have enjoyed my experience so far 😊

Warframe will always be a filler game between AAA titles for me. Currently I'm playing Red Dead Redemption 2, Borderlands 3 and Monster Hunter 2, and maybe some PubG here and there. When I'm burnt out of playing those I might come back to Waitframe. Course cyberpunk, final fantasy 7 remake and/or ghost of tsushima might be out by then too so we will see. That's said I'll still be checking the forums once, twice a week just to see whats good. 

Edited by (XB1)MandlorPrime

I don't like PVP games, and prefer co-op. I spent a lot of time playing Payday 2, but was looking for something new when some of my friends suggested Warframe. I love it! And I have to say, as a long-time gamer, I've never liked playing melee in games, but Warframe has totally cured me of that. I love melee in this game.

I'm more of a casual gamer, in that I don't always know or understand how some of the raid-type missions work. I also have clinical depression, and Warframe is a way for me to cope by being an escape, something I can focus on and have fun with. I can play solo if I need time for myself, or I can join a public mission and hang out with others. I love lurking in Recruit chat and either joining murmur farming or helping out a new player when they're having difficulty. (I remember how hard it was learning this game in the beginning, playing with the wiki open on another screen. And also how hard some of the quests and missions were for me to complete.) I have the luxury of being able to buy platinum or prime access releases of frames, but that's only added to my enjoyment. For all the problems and issues with the game, at the end of the day, it's brought me a lot of fun and entertainment, and I've met some great players. Thanks, DE; maybe some day this game will be out of beta! 🙂

It's the game I've always wanted: a nice and grindy looter shooter I can play when I can't think of something else to do, especially these days as looter shooters do not physically tire me out like ARPGs such as Titan Quest do. I've gotten to the point now that I would put my headphones down and listen to YouTube videos on my phone while playing. Oddly relaxing.

12 minutes ago, Leavith said:

Well at first because i didn't want to deal with any online rpg game that had little waifu running around and people obsessing over who has a cuter butt...

Then i realize i need to turn global chat off and play solo, but it became about finding cool ways to do things and completing what I could to find the lore.

Then i stayed around because pvp i really enjoyed it while i waited for new content.

Sadly now i got bad connection and bad laptop so i just do solo missions and play simulacrum testing stuff out.

But i still have enjoyed my experience so far 😊

I love testing new stuff in the sim I think maybe 70% of my time is spent playing around with new ways to destroy my enemies 😁

4 minutes ago, NuclearToast451 said:

I don't like PVP games, and prefer co-op. I spent a lot of time playing Payday 2, but was looking for something new when some of my friends suggested Warframe. I love it! And I have to say, as a long-time gamer, I've never liked playing melee in games, but Warframe has totally cured me of that. I love melee in this game.

I'm more of a casual gamer, in that I don't always know or understand how some of the raid-type missions work. I also have clinical depression, and Warframe is a way for me to cope by being an escape, something I can focus on and have fun with. I can play solo if I need time for myself, or I can join a public mission and hang out with others. I love lurking in Recruit chat and either joining murmur farming or helping out a new player when they're having difficulty. (I remember how hard it was learning this game in the beginning, playing with the wiki open on another screen. And also how hard some of the quests and missions were for me to complete.) I have the luxury of being able to buy platinum or prime access releases of frames, but that's only added to my enjoyment. For all the problems and issues with the game, at the end of the day, it's brought me a lot of fun and entertainment, and I've met some great players. Thanks, DE; maybe some day this game will be out of beta! 🙂

Thanks for your honesty I can totally relate and heck yeah! Melee is awesome now with 3.0.

I genuinely enjoy the sense of speed and mobility of the player character; I enjoy the array of conventional and bizarre weapons; and I enjoy the strange aesthetic of the game.

i like that it can be played in small doses or for long periods. 

It has some real irksome parts, but overall, it entertains me. 

- Unlimited power where the power limit is blown sky high

- Swift parkour movement instead of being another CoD/battlefield style of movement with their sluggish sprint

- Flexible customisation in power and fashion. You can make a fashion masterpiece or abomination such as neckless frost

- Free update that isn't sold as "DLC"

- Trading where you can trade your effort for platinum from other players

- A big bundle of games in one package where you can play guitar hero (shawzin), fishing, mining or ludoplex mini games when you don't want to play the shooter game

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 844448 said:

- Unlimited power where the power limit is blown sky high

- Swift parkour movement instead of being another CoD/battlefield style of movement with their sluggish sprint

- Flexible customisation in power and fashion. You can make a fashion masterpiece or abomination such as neckless frost

- Free update that isn't sold as "DLC"

- Trading where you can trade your effort for platinum from other players

- A big bundle of games in one package where you can play guitar hero (shawzin), fishing, mining or ludoplex mini games when you don't want to play the shooter game

Great points, yeah lots of games release content as DLC. Whereas DE give it to us for free. There is pretty much nothing you have to pay for. Even plat can be earned from other players. However atleast one player has to purchase plat  for this to work lol. 

Somewhat of a cocktail of reasons.

I was looking for a game to fill the void of 'go-to game/social community' that had been left some five or six years prior by the shutting down of another game, and that I hadn't really found the answer to. That game (Lego Universe, I was quite young at the time) was a third-person MMO action RPG. and whilst there's still a bevy of differences, including the obvious difference in target audience, Warframe is probably the closest thing to that same feeling. Most other MMO's were too micromanage-y for my tastes.

Coincidentally, about that time 2 and a half years ago now, I was dead-set against shooters, and that made me hesitant with Warframe. But, lo and behold - it's also a melee hack-n-slash! That was something I found far more palatable. So I jumped in, gave it a shot, and that's why I'm here.

As for why I've stayed? Well, because Warframe is a unique game that very much applies to my tastes. Fast-paced action? Check. Swords and melee weapons up the Wazoo? Check. Interesting and fun movement system? Check. Fascinating world? Check. Good Writing? Varies, but heavy check when DE decides to flex.

I have my issues with the game. More than a few. But it's still pretty damn high up on the list of favourite games, to me.

18 minutes ago, Vharu said:

My hat is off to you for you open honesty to share what must of been hard to say - respect to you my man, it takes courage and strength to disclose such raw truth, even if it's a side of us we don't usually want to 'put out there' in public view. 

I first want to say that you're not alone, many here find a haven in gaming where the troubles of real life are averted and shifted out of focus - in a way it can be a coping skill/activity, but also an avenue for people to find a sense of belonging, achievement and complex 'freedoms' that may or may not be absent in our life. 

I've been gaming since I was a kid, the reasons tend to change just its not something you are generally cognizant of while playing - when you're playing your immersed in the experience and not considering much else. For me playing games as a whole has many reasons - enjoyment, challenge, appreciation of art in its many forms which games can deliver on, and many other reasons. 

I was just watching a video on youtube last night about a new technology for gaming graphics - its called 'path tracing', basically a technology that enables photo-realistic graphics to come to gaming. Coupled with this I'm also invested in a company called 'Project Districts' who are working of a crypto-currency based VR open world similar to the movie 'Ready Player One'. I see a huge potential and future for not just gaming, but multi-media and VR tech - the overall connectivity of people around the world, the level of immersion and versatility of usecase is growing at an amazing rate, we are just on the cusp of some major changes to what I called the merging of games and life into one. 

The culture when I was going up was basically 'if you played video games you were wasting your life', but if you went outside and kicked a soccer ball that was demonstrating discipline and passion - people viewed it different because they saw professional sports on TV and those players making big money - it validated their years of practice and time invested. This is only recently change in the last few years with eSports and video gaming taking on a more accepted use of time. 

Now you have people making a living from steaming games that they play, and others travelling the world hailing above the status of professional football players in place like Korea. Everything is turning on its head, Augmented reality is trying to find a middle ground bridging real and synthetic worlds into one, VR extending beyond the realm of games and being used in Psychological applications for phobia treatment, to assisting medical students, to bringing classrooms to remote locations and undeveloped countries. It's amazing what is being done - both Film and Music industries shifting over to technologies and applications that the gaming world has brought forward - and every gamer in the world has had a hand at shaping these outcomes directly or indirectly through their participation. 

After watching some of these demos on photo-realistic graphics for gaming tech - you can't help but consider that life is a game, just that life is a perfect game that technology is trying to imitate.Instead of working as a team on objectives to increase your experience within a game, this is exactly what people do in real life - people get degrees, licenses, grind work hours in order to get more stuff, do more things and enhance their overall experience.   

In warframe people want more content, in then they log off and go on youtube or netflix to absorb more content about something else. For the hardcore gamers, we were told our whole life to step-out into the real world and stop playing games all the time, but instead the realization to be had was that there is very little difference - its just the same world.

Pilots of huge commercial jetliners spend thousands of hours in flight simulators before taking to the sky - there is a endless amount of examples where games allow skills to be developed that are transferable to the real world. And not just skills, but attributes aswel. There was a study done that shows the average video gamers IQ is higher - trained through the complex fast paced decision making that environment challenges. I for one played first person shooters for most of a decade and I certainly notice that my reflexes are faster than average.

To answer the specifics as to why i play warframe - well warframe has proven that they are about quality, and various aspects of the game really set it up for endless potential. Because it is Sci-Fi based (set in the future), this allows creative freedom to do anything really - to create artforms, challenges and situations that are entirely new. Most MMORPG's are set in old times, locking them into the typical "magic abilities" + "medieval" theme - there is only so much you can do with that. Warframe on the otherhand can go anywhere, even back to some medieval theme if they want to just by adding another planet. The fundamental layer of warframe is our Universe and Solar system, and projected in the future - so what can you do with that? - Literally everything. 

What they are doing i think, is collecting other games and bringing elements from these other games into one - and adding a new twist and new concepts aswel. They game is well balanced with both a F2P and P2P model... because its not really a 'Pay to Win" model either". Basically I play Warframe because it has so much to offer, and because I want to support this game and team as I believe they have identified and executed on some powerful elements that allow for massive untapped potential. Plus they actually update things and work their ass off, DE seems to be able to get things done that AAA+ gaming studios struggle with - I know the team they got is exceptional, the game so far proves that, and the game it will grow into is one i can have confidence in knowing will be even more amazing. 

Wow I am completely blown away by your response. Thanks for this I appreciate it. I am just so used to telling people in a solo or group setting about my mental issues been in therapy for years. But other than that I looked up Project Districts and it looks really amazing I don't think I fully understand it but I am still looking it up.

I think warframe has done something amazing with some game no one wanted to give a chance. It is very beautiful what they have created. Probably the best game graphically that I enjoy playing. I usually play JRPGs or Hack n Slash like God Eater, Dragons Dogma, Dynasty Warriros and Code Vein. I am so amazed with the idea you are talking about and how life is like a perfect game and other games are trying to copy it. It is really blowing my mind to think about it this way 😮🤯.

There is this paralyzed character in the Anime Sword Art Online who is able to walk again and experience adventure because of Virtual Reality and that story was really beautiful very empowering. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, very awesome. ❤️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, --C--Nehra said:

Why do you wanna know? (Why do so many people wanna know this recently?)

Lol mostly because I love this community and I like to see what people think and what motivates them. It is something I am interested in. Especially when it has to do with something that a lot of my time, love, and money has gone into.