Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods give me a headache

(PSN)TheRealRichboy

Question

6 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, (PS4)TheRealRichboy said:

can somebody just give me a easier place to farm serration

FWIW, Ghouls (on the Plains) seemed to drop it relatively frequently, dunno if Plague Star is active on consoles right now as well,
but if maybe you're actually enjoying some Ghoul happy fun times at the moment, maybe try the lower Bounty for those.

Or really, just ask nicely in Trade / your Clan Chat (BTW join a Clan if you haven't yet) for a freebie.

While there are ways to accelerate the pace of drops, I also Seriously suggest long term to fight that urge to, "get the mod before the night ends."

It's habit forming, and needs to be secondary to your enjoyment of the game.. else it will remain an ever present problem, dragging you kicking and screaming through the game, rather than grazing and enjoying yourself.

Trading with players is unfortunately not easy enough for mods like that one that aren't worth any considerable platinum.. however a player might be able to give you a spare if you have clan mates to ask. I know this doesn't satisfy the need to improve your gear at this point in time, but trust me, it does not get better.. it will wear you out if you let it.

3 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

FWIW, Ghouls (on the Plains) seemed to drop it relatively frequently, dunno if Plague Star is active on consoles right now as well,
but if maybe you're actually enjoying some Ghoul happy fun times at the moment, maybe try the lower Bounty for those.

Or really, just ask nicely in Trade / your Clan Chat (BTW join a Clan if you haven't yet) for a freebie.

Plague is active on consoles

18 minutes ago, (XB1)WolfKingLeo said:

Plague is active on consoles

That said, I think if OP hasn't encountered a Serration mod yet, then Plague Star likely won't be a fun and triumphant experience for them. Though it may be more common at this time as a result, which is a fair point.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

Meh, if you were on PC I'd just give you one. My advice is to just join a clan: get yourself a nice group of helpful, experienced players, and one of them will surely help you out. There's an entire section dedicated to that here on the forum: meanwhile, if you want to keep looking for it yourself, my suggestion is to head down to Cetus: Plague Star is probably not something you can do just yet, but just by roaming around the plains you should run into ghouls, and those drop Serration rather frequently. 

Serration...  I know it's most likely just my bad luck, but I swear there's some anti-newbie code in there somewhere. It took me more than two weeks to actually see a drop, but after that I actually got half a dozen of them from the same mobs on the same maps in the same time.

And yes, it's actually not that rare, so asking your clan or friends if they can spare one shouldn't be a big deal.

Also, yes, PoE... I have a bit of a bias here, but those level ranges are a lie. You can do well against level 20 starchart, but level 15 PoE bounty would still be very difficult.  Just add 10-15 to the level you see in there to get a more realistic idea about the difficulty.  That said, open zones are the best, and sometimes the only source for certain good stuff... Unfortunately. (Especially since for me the gameplay is like "Ah, yes, yes I got it FINALLY!!!... Now, quick back to the gate, before it crashes..." DING! Warframe has crashed. But that's my PC issues, not WF issue really, at this point.)

Edited by nebfab