Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gifting Platinum

HomeyCDawg

So I found a few old threads about gifting plat to friends (links unnecessary I believe) and I can't help but wonder to myself why the ability to gift platinum has not been implemented yet. It seems like it would be a big money boost for DE, as there are many people who would gladly buy plat for friends and clanmates (I've done this myself, but had to do some tricky steam shenanigans to pull it off).

There is only one loophole that I can see; trading the 50 starting plat and 3rd party promotional plat from dummy accounts to your main, and it is easy to get around. DE simply needs to make these promotional plat a different currency (internally) than storebought plat. This way it would function the same, be stackable with bought plat, but with only one difference; the 50 starting plat and promo plat would not be giftable. That way, you could only gift plat that was bought from the store with real money. No exploits, everybody wins.

Thoughts? Am I missing any possible exploits here?

Edited by HomeyCDawg

Simply have it so that when you buy plat it gives you the option to buy it as a gift rather than for yourself. That way the starter plat can't cause problems as it's already in your account.

This would probably be the easiest way todo it.

Simply have it so that when you buy plat it gives you the option to buy it as a gift rather than for yourself. That way the starter plat can't cause problems as it's already in your account.

Also a good idea. I think the main point is to simply figure out a way to gift only storebought plat. If they could figure a way to do it, it would be a huge $$$ bonus for DE.

You forgot third party rewards. Alienware gave away 75 platinum codes a few months ago. So a direct platinum sharing is not that easy. Still something I'd like to see in the future.

Promo rewarded plat could use the same internal currency coding as the 50 starting plat, usable but un-giftable.

They can use the code they're using in the Dojo, free plats can't be used for rushing rooms until the account has bought platinum. It will solve the issue of making dummy accounts and sending the free plat as gift.

Simply put, You can't give/gift plats until you purchased at least once.

Making another currency will only be confusing for players...and what's stopping you from buying your friend a gift card like UGC or steam?

Don't get me wrong though, would be nice to buy plat as a gift though by typing their IGN when you make a purchase or something. I am just saying you could already gift platinum, it's just not as convenient.

Edited by GSrevolution

• 1 month later...