Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare fishing

Scorpio0055

Question

Hi, i was wondering if any of you noticed something strange about fishing recently. Ive been trying to fish for the last hour, both in cetus and orb valis, and i havent seen a single rare fish. And im using the fish bait from the correponding rare fish. But for some reason nothing spawned, in fact even normal fish didnt spawn as much.

Its strange because normaly with one bait i get at least 5 fish, one time i got even 8, and now suddenly no fish spawns?

Has something happened to fishing that i dont know about?

9 answers to this question

Just to rule out possibilities here, you're using dye (or oxylus w/fish precept) and are near hotspots, correct?

It's possible that some sort of mojo is effecting fishing. Heard consoles describing a bug with the gear sub menus.. could just be something went, "fishy," with the code.

Edited by kapn655321

The other thing to make sure of is that you were fishing during the correct time period. Murkrays will spawn day or night, but Norgs only at night. I have always had problems finding Norgs, I would be lucky to get one per bait, but Glappids gave me five or more per bait. My friend had a similar issue with Cuthols.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

Trying to fish with Plague Star going is really annoying. Those pods keep showing up randomly around where I'm fishing so it feels like I have 1 arm fishing, 1 arm killing Infested.

Makes me think Wukong (celestial twin) or Atlas (rumblers) would be the way to go. Few other ways you could do it.. Perimeter of Wisp shock plants, Vaub nervos, etc.

30 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Makes me think Wukong (celestial twin) or Atlas (rumblers) would be the way to go. Few other ways you could do it.. Perimeter of Wisp shock plants, Vaub nervos, etc.

Not sure if any of these would kill the fish. afaik the fishes take AoE damage like normal enemies

Also using abilities need to unequip spear. My suggest is to bring an amp with long range beam such as 1xx, go into operator mode and destroy the pod. In this way you could continue fishing right away by pressing aim button.

3 minutes ago, SHArK-FiN said:

Not sure if any of these would kill the fish. afaik the fishes take AoE damage like normal enemies

Also using abilities need to unequip spear. My suggest is to bring an amp with long range beam such as 1xx, go into operator mode and destroy the pod. In this way you could continue fishing right away by pressing aim button.

With the exception of Atlas (who gets a good long duration for rumblers), those picks stay active. So long as you place them away from the water, they can stop the enemies before they get to you. But, there are certainly other ways around using abilities. The one Orbiter has a turret you can summon, too.