Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)Roboguy3000

Opinion on Dojo Layout

Question

^title

Made a quick design for my dojo, want to get some feedback from people who have experience with this sort of thing.

All feedback is appreciated!

note: My titles are white so they don't show up if u r in light mode, just click on the image and then you'll see them.

aoQ7CBq.png

23 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, (PS4)The_Verethragna said:

Your Main Halls are going to be impossible to place like that. You have the 3rd in sequence between the first and second.

Also, you need to be mindful of the energy capacity. I haven't done the math, but you need to have enough to build the path to your reactor floor. You could build temporary reactors to get you there, but that would complicate the process of tearing the Dojo back down in the event you decide to rebuild in the future.

Thanks for the tip on the main halls, I'll try and move things around. As for the energy, I'm planning on finalizing my plans before I start officially building. Also I've already paved the path to the reactors using temporary ones, so hopefully that shouldn't be a problem

New and improved dojo (definitely not final product, just a rough idea). Wasn't sure what to place instead of dueling rooms, so I'm leaving them there for now. Obstacle course is placeholder for a custom one.qpERDRG.png

1 hour ago, (PS4)Roboguy3000 said:

Did some more readjusting (for more flexibility) and made the starter hall closer to the reactors. I'll still have to have some temporary reactors before I get them in place, but I've already done that so I shouldn't have too many issues. Also in the new design I added three more grandest halls as a place holder for the three inspirational halls you talked about (they're roughly the same size). Had to make floors closer together to fit on screen lol.PxaVYd4.png

You won’t need nearly that many reactors. 8-10 is all you should ever need. 

11 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Seems a little boxed in ,especially your upper floor ,

Suggest to get rid of the bottom connectors and connect the dry dock directly with your spawn room.

Dry dock has 3 entrances you can use to expand ,but it will reduce your options for building above and below it.

This looks good , just a lot more reactors than you will currently need.

I was able to remove the connector to the observatory, but not for the dry dock (boundaries collide w/ spawn hall). Changed the layout of upper floor to be less constricted. Here's new design (using new dojo planner).9CCJc5X.pngEVWmvKy.pngc7CKPnX.png

Suggest to get rid of the bottom connectors and connect the dry dock directly with your spawn room.

Dry dock has 3 entrances you can use to expand ,but it will reduce your options for building above and below it.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Roboguy3000 said:

Did some more readjusting (for more flexibility) and made the starter hall closer to the reactors. I'll still have to have some temporary reactors before I get them in place, but I've already done that so I shouldn't have too many issues. Also in the new design I added three more grandest halls as a place holder for the three inspirational halls you talked about (they're roughly the same size). Had to make floors closer together to fit on screen lol.PxaVYd4.png

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

You won’t need nearly that many reactors. 8-10 is all you should ever need. 

Ah ok thnx. Any other concerns with the layout?

4 hours ago, (PS4)Roboguy3000 said:

Ah ok thnx. Any other concerns with the layout?

No I was just trying to save you time and resources.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Roboguy3000 said:

New and improved dojo (definitely not final product, just a rough idea). Wasn't sure what to place instead of dueling rooms, so I'm leaving them there for now. Obstacle course is placeholder for a custom one.qpERDRG.png

One problem I am seeing 8-10 rooms before you get to a reactor. It’s been a long time since I built mine, but I don’t think that many rooms can be built without a reactor. The easiest way would be to plan for your reactor section and needed halls being first. The real meat and potatoes of the dojo comes after those. If you want big rooms to build off of, you can use the Inspiration Hall which is not shown in most planners. It is another large blank hall with 6 point set of entry like the grandest hall. You can have 3 of those.

My suggestion would be build first few halls and reactors on one floor and then move up or down.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

One problem I am seeing 8-10 rooms before you get to a reactor. It’s been a long time since I built mine, but I don’t think that many rooms can be built without a reactor. The easiest way would be to plan for your reactor section and needed halls being first. The real meat and potatoes of the dojo comes after those. If you want big rooms to build off of, you can use the Inspiration Hall which is not shown in most planners. It is another large blank hall with 6 point set of entry like the grandest hall. You can have 3 of those.

My suggestion would be build first few halls and reactors on one floor and then move up or down.

You’re boxing yourself in for future content. Large rooms like the dry dock require 3 floors. With your current layout, it may be difficult to add more large rooms in the future. 

When designing my dojo, I tried to save resources and cutdown on rooms, as we do have a cap.

All of my reactors and prerequisite halls on the mid level. All labs, dueling room and dry dock on the top floor and the lowest floor was for random gardens. Using garden to connect things cut down on the hallways I needed saving forma, time and space.

Keep in mind that Dry Dock has 3 entrances - instead of wasting a lot of resources on all those corridors just go straight forward and attach Observatory to one of side doors.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Roboguy3000 said:

The dojo planner I'm currently using doesn't have the obstacle architect room, so I'll just use the obstacle course as a placeholder (it's the same size right?)

The Obstacle Course Architect room is not as long but quite a bit taller.  Maybe try this dojo planner? :smile:

Also, parkour 2.0 made the obstacle course useless, so build one for the points and trash it. The new dueling room load system made having more than one a complete waste of resources.

18 minutes ago, xGryphus said:

Keep in mind that Dry Dock has 3 entrances - instead of wasting a lot of resources on all those corridors just go straight forward and attach Observatory to one of side doors.

Thanks for the tip!

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

Also, parkour 2.0 made the obstacle course useless, so build one for the points and trash it. The new dueling room load system made having more than one a complete waste of resources.

By useless do you mean too easy? Also thanks for the tip on dueling rooms.

11 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

okay I'll try ur suggestions thanks

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

You’re boxing yourself in for future content. Large rooms like the dry dock require 3 floors. With your current layout, it may be difficult to add more large rooms in the future. 

When designing my dojo, I tried to save resources and cutdown on rooms, as we do have a cap.

All of my reactors and prerequisite halls on the mid level. All labs, dueling room and dry dock on the top floor and the lowest floor was for random gardens. Using garden to connect things cut down on the hallways I needed saving forma, time and space.

Would my current layout of rooms (reactors on bottom, labs and crimson on top, and everything else on main floor) still work? I'm going to try to reorganize so I'm not boxing myself in so much, but is my current layout of rooms impractical?

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Roboguy3000 said:

By useless do you mean too easy? Also thanks for the tip on dueling rooms.

Yes that course is a leftover from the first parkour system. You are better off using the Obstacle Architect room as it can be customized to your liking.  

I don't think its impractical as it is all subject to preference. 

My layout minus a few random gardens

Your Main Halls are going to be impossible to place like that. You have the 3rd in sequence between the first and second.

Also, you need to be mindful of the energy capacity. I haven't done the math, but you need to have enough to build the path to your reactor floor. You could build temporary reactors to get you there, but that would complicate the process of tearing the Dojo back down in the event you decide to rebuild in the future.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

Yes that course is a leftover from the first parkour system. You are better off using the Obstacle Architect room as it can be customized to your liking.  

I don't think its impractical as it is all subject to preference. I'll try to get an image of mine. 

The dojo planner I'm currently using doesn't have the obstacle architect room, so I'll just use the obstacle course as a placeholder (it's the same size right?)

3 minutes ago, (PS4)The_Verethragna said:

Right. I didn't even notice that lol