Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trying to be 3D, when it's not?

DumpTruck

So Here's a fun one. Just put a fresh copy of win10 into a new rig. Fresh install of warframe, hardly anything on it. If I enable fullscreen, the image tries (and fails) to go stereoscopic. Monitor isn't capable of that trick with only a 60hz refresh rate, but it makes the game completely unplayable when it keeps jittering left and right by a half inch. 

If I kick over to windowed, it's fine, but small. If I go borderless, it's fine as well. I don't remember having this issue on my (really really) old computer. Maybe someone has some thoughts on what I need to change?

Also, yes, I am SLI with two GTX 970s in my rig. I needed the video ram. 

[Display]
Operating System:    Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
DirectX version:    12.0 
GPU processor:        GeForce GTX 970
Driver version:        432.00
Driver Type:        DCH
Direct3D API version:    12
Direct3D feature level:    12_1
CUDA Cores:        1664 
Core clock:        1190 MHz 
Memory data rate:    7.10 Gbps
Memory interface:    256-bit 
Memory bandwidth:    227.07 GB/s
Total available graphics memory:    12244 MB
Dedicated video memory:    4096 MB GDDR5
System video memory:    0 MB
Shared system memory:    8148 MB
Video BIOS version:    84.04.84.00.B8
IRQ:            Not used
Bus:            PCI Express x16 Gen3
Device Id:        10DE 13C2 36E11458
Part Number:        G401 0010
GPU processor:        GeForce GTX 970
Driver version:        432.00
Driver Type:        DCH
Direct3D API version:    12
Direct3D feature level:    12_1
CUDA Cores:        1664 
Core clock:        1114 MHz 
Memory data rate:    7.01 Gbps
Memory interface:    256-bit 
Memory bandwidth:    224.32 GB/s
Total available graphics memory:    12244 MB
Dedicated video memory:    4096 MB GDDR5
System video memory:    0 MB
Shared system memory:    8148 MB
Video BIOS version:    84.04.36.00.F1
IRQ:            Not used
Bus:            PCI Express x8 Gen3
Device Id:        10DE 13C2 31601462
Part Number:        G401 0010

I'm running dual 970 GTX n W10 as well without issues. I do see you're on an older driver version. I'd go download the latest from nvidia.com, don't just use windows update. IIRC there's an option to clean up and remove old settings you can do that might help.

Hmm. I thought I had done that, but since I only finished the installs about half an hour before this post, I'm not totally surprised I missed a step. I thought I had done the driver, but I must have just put the Nvidia software in place without checking. Thank you for pointing that out, I'm updating as I type this, then I'll see what's up.

Not sure if its still a thing with SLI, havent done it myself in a long time, but are you using a bridge connector?  Your two cards are installed in different speed PCI slots (x16 and x8), and performance may take a hit if you dont use the bridge.

Actually..  are the two cards different brands?  They have different clock speeds and memory transfer speeds (and bios versions).  They may be incompatible to SLI, as these mismatched speeds may make it hard for them to stay in sync.  But I havent used SLI in a long time, so it may not actually be an issue.  Just speculating.

Here's some things that I would try:
1- Run other graphics-intensive games or applications and see if they produce the same effect. (This will tell you if you need to look somewhere besides Warframe's forums)
2- Just reseat the cards in their slots, and ensure the plugs are secure.  Sometimes its as simple as that.
3- Try running just one card at a time, to find out if perhaps one card is defective.

Good luck!

14 hours ago, Klutzy said:

Not sure if its still a thing with SLI, havent done it myself in a long time, but are you using a bridge connector?  Your two cards are installed in different speed PCI slots (x16 and x8), and performance may take a hit if you dont use the bridge.

Actually..  are the two cards different brands?  They have different clock speeds and memory transfer speeds (and bios versions).  They may be incompatible to SLI, as these mismatched speeds may make it hard for them to stay in sync.  But I havent used SLI in a long time, so it may not actually be an issue.  Just speculating.

Here's some things that I would try:
1- Run other graphics-intensive games or applications and see if they produce the same effect. (This will tell you if you need to look somewhere besides Warframe's forums)
2- Just reseat the cards in their slots, and ensure the plugs are secure.  Sometimes its as simple as that.
3- Try running just one card at a time, to find out if perhaps one card is defective.

Good luck!

It's likely a combination of issues at this point. I have run another intensive game (Nier Automata), and unsurprisingly it does the same thing. Their windowed support sucks however so I decided to see what would happen if I disabled the SLI, and it worked fine. (Didn't try warframe, I assume the results are going to be the same off one card) 

My bridge has always been an issue actually. The 970's need an HB bridge. Which I was never provided, since it's a motherboard feature, not a card inclusive item. I have been using a single normal SLI bridge, which "works" to some extent, but obviously not well enough to make some games run. If I run Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Doom, or Shadow of Mordor, no issue, but Warframe and Nier both get funky. 

I have ordered a bridge, and am awaiting it's arrival, hoping it will fix the issue.If the two cards (of differing brands) don't want to play ball with each other, then it'll be time to look into a newer replacement I don't have to SLI for more vram. I do appreciate the advise, I had a sneaking suspicion it wasn't really warframe, but folks here tend to be more helpful and much easier to work with. I'll update with my results once my HB bridge arrives.... Assuming it fits correctly. 

So interesting and good news! My room mate happened to have an HB bridge that he isn't using lying around, so I slapped it into my rig. Issue instantly and wonderfully resolved. I even noticed when switching from borderless to full the transition was actually faster than it was before. Go figure.