Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Telos Boltace even more broken than one could think

Loxyen

On 2020-07-26 at 3:48 PM, Kontrollo said:

With the game being all client-side, due to ping it might still feel like that, anyway.

True... just remembered the Zaw days where they got you 10+m away due to client sided hit registration and unbalanced range.

On 2020-01-19 at 3:40 PM, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

If DE can remove zaws from conclave, why not the telos boltace?

I strongly feel the reason why Zaws are customization'-fixed. Even if they are removed because whether the player gilds their Zaws or not, the stats they configure it with can always potentially definitely give them an much bigger edge in the their matches, compared to weapons with their hidden or mentioned quirks. That's just me though.

1 hour ago, (PS4)IAMPRO_16 said:

Even if they are removed because whether the player gilds their Zaws or not, the stats they configure it with can always potentially definitely give them an much bigger edge in the their matches

Thing is, being able to ragdoll enemies into a helpless state or glitch them off the map for minutes at a time imparts its own "bigger edge". Arguably a bigger edge than the DPS difference between zaw makeups.

On 2020-07-31 at 1:58 AM, Tyreaus said:

Thing is, being able to ragdoll enemies into a helpless state or glitch them off the map for minutes at a time imparts its own "bigger edge". Arguably a bigger edge than the DPS difference between zaw makeups.

I agree. Zaw damage difference is a minor problem compared to Telos Boltace, and in the broader sense all the problems that got introduced with The Old Blood.

We're 9 months in now.

This is the gimmick of this weapon and it has a cooldown. It's balanced just like every other popular weapon. If you want to play conclave just get good and counter instead of trying to waste the dev's time to compensate for your skill.

With this mentality devs should remove everything except Excalibur with Mk1-braton in conclave

21 minutes ago, ThePKX said:

This is the gimmick of this weapon and it has a cooldown. It's balanced just like every other popular weapon. If you want to play conclave just get good and counter instead of trying to waste the dev's time to compensate for your skill.

With this mentality devs should remove everything except Excalibur with Mk1-braton in conclave

No, we're just going to start with Telos Boltace, then maybe slowly work through the pile of cheese that got introduced since The Old Blood.

It wasn't like it is now before that, you know? I'd wager you don't.

6 hours ago, ThePKX said:

Telos Boltace can be used to knock players off the map, resulting in them getting stuck not respawning for a long time. It's obviously a bug and not intended to work this way. 

7 hours ago, ThePKX said:

I shall be sure to bring along my Tigris Prime, then?

8 hours ago, ThePKX said:

If anyone here needs to "get good" it's you. 

Warframe.x64_2020-08-13_10-55-28.png

11 hours ago, ThePKX said:

Ah yes, "git good" and counter the obviously bugged and broken AOE 1 shot ragdoll weapon of aids that is the Telos Boltace. Have you even played Conclave? 'cause I strongly doubt it.

On 2020-08-13 at 10:39 AM, ThePKX said:

You know... the average bob using that thing is a laughable matter at best. However if you'd actually met a guy who knows what he's doing yet, you'd soon realize that a client sided + view angle depending 100% dmg auto block + all the described bugs, glitches and mechanics above are way beyond being a defend-/argueable matter.

Also kinda funny you post a line like that in a thread of mine... it seems like the irony is with you my friend. 😉

• 3 weeks later...

@[DE]joebuck sorry for the ping, but we've been waiting for 10 months now to get this addressed.

If you guys at DE can't be bothered to change it back to a knockdown, then please, simply remove the damn Telos Boltace.

We know it's not hard to do that. You did it recently with Inaros Prime, although that was definitely not a problem.

This should never have been a thing in your game:

NsQW2VK.png

cvqK8I8.png

P.S. And in the meantime, other issues have accumulated as well:

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

Uh I know I was late with this thread, but when did Old Blood drop again? Must be close to be a year ago and nothing done with this broken thing yet. While it robs so many dedicated players the will to play anymore Warframe at all. Jfc DE pls pull your S#&$ together already... this isn't even close to be a matter of allowing slight unbalance to lead the meta or some stuff like that. THIS WEAPON IS UTTERLY BROKEN AND NEEDS YOUR ATTENTION ASAP!

Imagine its been so long and we've found all bugs already.

Fool! What do you think we're talking about in this thread?

The meme when DE removes self damage, but introduces a through and through bugged mechanic that lets you kill yourself with a weapon which isn't even able to deal self damage or self knocks to begin with and that in an even more balanced system than pve.... srsly fix that mess already... there are no excuses... its a simple flag... not even a matter of seconds...

13 hours ago, Loxyen said:

Imagine its been so long and we've found all bugs already.

Fool! What do you think we're talking about in this thread?

The meme when DE removes self damage, but introduces a through and through bugged mechanic that lets you kill yourself with a weapon which isn't even able to deal self damage or self knocks to begin with and that in an even more balanced system than pve.... srsly fix that mess already... there are no excuses... its a simple flag... not even a matter of seconds...

I guess it got lost in all the things that have been accumulating, but turns out @Caphtor and @Triplinster have already discovered and documented this earlier:

Archived