Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you guys think of this Quanta riven?

(PSN)Shoxtigon

Question

So, I just recently got back into the game and rivens are a new thing to me. I have a total of six now and this one stands out to me. I know this is a good one, but seeing the diversity in riven stats, I'm wondering.. Do they get even more insane? Is this one someone would ever consider cycling?

+120% Cold

+115.9% Electricity

+112.6% Multishot

+96% Weapon Recoil

8 answers to this question

The multishot is always helpful (translates into plain raw damage for the beam but is true multishot for the alt fire), and having a negative that has no effect (as Quanta has no recoil) is a plus, but you could pretty much always do better than magnetic damage. Base damage, multishot, and crit stats, would be the main things you would be looking for. And in the case of elements, toxin or fire would serve you better on a weapon with base electric.

hard to go wrong with Multi-Shot. Elemental Bonuses are a mixed bag, some people like them, some people don't.
i don't like Elemental Rivens personally, but that doesn't change that they can be good if that's what you want.

i think Recoil neg wouldn't affect Quanta at all so that's probably a free neg, so that's nice.

16 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

but you could pretty much always do better than magnetic damage.

(you could ofcourse make that into Corro+Ice or Rad+Ice)

54 minutes ago, (PS4)Shoxtigon said:

So, I just recently got back into the game and rivens are a new thing to me. I have a total of six now and this one stands out to me. I know this is a good one, but seeing the diversity in riven stats, I'm wondering.. Do they get even more insane? Is this one someone would ever consider cycling?

+120% Cold

+115.9% Electricity

+112.6% Multishot

+96% Weapon Recoil

The Innate magnetic kinda murders the value of it.  It's still worth using if you want to use the quanta, but it could be a lot better.

Thanks for the input, guys. So far, it's been feeling pretty good. The Quanta was and still is my favorite weapon. It holds it's own on sorties against most enemies. I have a Rad/Viral, Blast/Corrosive, and Gas/Magnetic build. I use the gas/magnetic for Corpus and it does feel like my weakest build. Would a crit/status hybrid be better you think?

The base crit chance is 22% with a 2.4x multiplier, and 30% status. Also, I haven't played since 2015 when I never really payed attention to mods as much.

That's not bad , it may limit your elemental build options ,

if you can get a viral + cold just from one element mod addition, you could make some nifty builds (can't recollect how elemental priority works on rivens)

Since it's a beam weapon a hybrid will likely get you a better return than pure crit or status (50 % cc and status is all you need on it)

You want to build crit on Quanta Vandal + atleast CC on riven. I have godtier riven cc/cd/ms/- which i was offered LOTS of  plat and didnt sell, its pretty strong weapon, but its dispo could be even slightly higher imo. 

Also get Quanta Vandal, normal version is not worth forma/cata.

8 hours ago, Benour said:

its dispo could be even slightly higher imo. 

It’s been raised for the last 3 or 4 disposition changes. Maybe it will keep going up. 

+recoil doesn’t affect it at all. Not a bad roll. One of my most successful builds is a corrosive build with hunter munitions. Usually I’d go for viral with HM, but the base electric saves me a slot on a corrosive build.