Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A little touch for Hema (and weapon acquisition)

Since Hema cost of 5,000 mutagen samples doesn't feel worth it, I have some ideas to discuss

1. Instead of headshots, Hema heals you on each hit. Heal percentage is reduced from 10% to 5% to compensate the easy heal

or

2. Going with the blood theme, the projectiles will stick to enemies, dealing damage and dealing 10% of total damage as DoT over 5 seconds with half of DoT as heal and burst after 5 seconds, dealing damage in a small area

OR

3. Everytime all the projectiles from a burst shot connect, it causes a bleed proc while keeping 10% heal from headshot

Now, for weapon acquisition it feels like as one and done and mostly brought to exp farm to level 30 and never touched again so I wonder if you guys would like a quest to get those weapons instead of crafting one through a quest where you need to do specific actions before getting the weapons.

• Like 3

I do agree that the hema needs a little something more (the blood ammo thing is nice ,but not that great )

I would prefer if the projectiles work something like a combo of tysis, stugg , acid shells and saryn spore .

When shot the spore will embed in the enemy , it will continuosly drain the health of the enemy and grow is size over time.

it will cause a small explosion when popped equal to 10 to 20% of enemy health as viral damage depending on when it was popped.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

I will prob bump up the crit chance to around 15%-20%...but the hema prob needs something more than that otherwise it would be just a small upgrade over burston prime

Being able to do Viral+Corrosive is one of the good things of this weapon...but the low crit stats is holding the hema back

Edited by DarthIronclad
  • Like 2

The blood mechanic has some fantastically sneaky utility when it comes to Health Orbs.

It could seriously use base increases to fire rate, and crit chance (+6% base).
You will never mod it successfully for crits, so crit mods already can't be used to improve that within reason..
Fire rate's top end is already self-balancing with the blood sacrifice mechanic.
Reload speed would be nice, too.. I don't think it's necessary since Primed Fast Hands exists, but I'd certainly welcome it.

I use a Riven with +93% projectile flight speed and a Stabilizer mod, as I feel them entirely mandatory for the sake of functionality. Those put it in a near Perfect spot for it's grouping and flight time. However, if they try to improve the base on those, it might totally wack that irreparably. If they made the gun to that spec, there'd be no purpose for flightspeed/stability modification on that weapon which messes with mod balance.. and if it's not to that spec, I'm gonna need those mods anyways to get it to that cozy breakpoint.

...now that I'm thinking about it, the fire rate can only do so much.. semi-auto only matters up to like 9 fire rate.
Should Hema have a secondary fire function or toggle from burst to automatic? Maybe something like Cyanex? Secondary fire is still open for discussion..

Edited by kapn655321

26 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I never mentioned self damage , it will as more on the growth of the blob.

I would agree no one would willingly wish that upon themselves.
Just a gut reaction.. if you tell them to add the same explosion from Stug, they might do something reckless like take that literally. o_O

Edited by kapn655321

won't say no to a Hema buff. perhaps to make it a bit more special, it could be given an alt-fire; I'd like one where it shoots an infested maggot that runs towards the nearest enemy, latches on and explodes, dealing Viral or Toxin damage. it could have a really wide explosive range, but would cost more Ammo ( 10-15 per use).

I quite like the idea of seeking explosive drones that are like Insects, and it would justify the expensive costs of the rifle if it was capable of more than just a 3-round Burst.