Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

cetus need one more event like plague star.

Luciole77

I think cetus needs one more type of event...like a big/giant syphon of kuva. And fortuna two more events....the thermia is a weak event and temporaly. Once done ....nobody back again. DE need to think better how do things....and keep players coming back always the event start. Fracture thermia was a big waste....

Edited by Luciole77
  • Like 2

Well, no time for such good events because DE is usually busy with whatever big release they have planned. Empyrean out? Cool, now we already know the rest of the development year is taken up with New War and Duviri. Fortuna also needs its Plague Star, most old events need to be reworked in order to make them return and be recurring, and most recurring events need to be reworked in order to have more replay value.

So, all in all, more old events, more new events, different booster weekends every so often, and so on. We need more seasonal content made available throughout the year. Also, use Nightwave as it's supposed to and deliver seasons with nice rewards, lore and challenges instead of using it as an empty filler mechanic like the current full lenght intermission.

I value day-to-day content way more than the big end-o'-the-year basket a lot more. Make the big fluffy cake, make it the pride of the party, but don't sacrifice the rest of the meal for it.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

thermia = ghouls basically for most people... in other words once and done

I'd be happy if they just revamped the rewards on plague star so there's a reason for 'long term' players to actually do it...

I was wondering about the most recent Thermia event — I noticed the status never changed from “Out Of Control” and I don’t know if that status is individual or gamewide.

If gamewide, that’s pretty hilarious - meaning basically nobody did the event. 

2 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

I was wondering about the most recent Thermia event — I noticed the status never changed from “Out Of Control” and I don’t know if that status is individual or gamewide.

I'm pretty sure it's gamewide since I have not touched it since the first release and it kept changing in each re-run. 

Not really surprising since I do find Thermia to be worse than Ghouls in terms of grind.

3 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Likely nobody did it, or not enough to make a difference at least.  I gained enough thermia the first time round to run more exploiter orb missions that I'd ever want to do and still have a majority of that left over even after getting hildryn, only got one ephemera (frost iirc) but honestly I'm not going to grind that out when to put it bluntly there are better options, especially from liches now (not that I enjoy farming them either lol)

I have like 80ish thermia left from the first time and thats the only reward there. I don't need anything else from there. Its also not a good place to get anything else in particular so.. That event is pretty one and done.

Plague star has nice rewards, thou as with fractures, all one times i have and i honestly don't know if i will use my time to grind formas. 

Thinking on the subject of Fortuna's Plague Star equivalent I'd love it if we had a seasonal event where the Grineer raided/invaded Fortuna. Suddenly Grineer dropships show up, factions fighting each other and so on. Small guerrila battles scattered in several points of the map and such. Maybe even pit the Orb Mothers against them.

Or replace the Grineer by sentients (unlikely imo, but still). So long as it's not a recycled literal Plague Star with infested again.

• Like 1

An event Cetus really needed was a massive Grineer full on assault against the gates of Cetus where the Tennos would have to hold their ground at the gate and fend off waves after waves of enemy assaults with all enemy types that spawn in the plains, from Basic Troops to Ghouls and Thumpers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

I wish we had more Operations/Alerts like Plague Star in general across the starchart. It's a great grind that's quite rewarding in my opinion.

Also, similar to Destiny, each planet could have its own vendor with its own rewards. Or at least an event vendor. 

It would add a ton of replay value.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Luciole77:

I think cetus needs one more type of event...like a big/giant syphon of kuva. And fortuna two more events....the thermia is a weak event and temporaly. Once done ....nobody back again. DE need to think better how do things....and keep players coming back always the event start. Fracture thermia was a big waste....

While i completly agree, i kinda lost hope that they will even try to diversify the Events and add more interesting and rewarding Events...

I made 2 concepts so far i posted in feedback which could be fun alternatives imo and make use of the "operational supply" syndicate.

additional Bosses for Operational Supply (Plague Star):

ODTJ1kS.jpg

I mentioned the possibility of already existing Grineer-Bosses appearing on the Plains (and Corpus-Bosses on Orb Vallis) in Point 2 - Variation.

Instead of always fighting against the Hemocyte when Plague Star returns, there could be different bosses we have to fight.

Lets start with a concept for Counciler Vay Hek:

Spoiler

General:

• the "Operational Supply" Syndicate will be the Headline all these different bosses are connected to
  • this means, no matter which boss will appear on the Plains, the Rewards offered by Nakak will be the same (slight variations might be possible ofc)
  • frequency of the Event happening should be a little higher (which should be a good thing since there are always many requests to return the Event because of the exclusive rewards like the Arcanes and Zaw-Parts) - so every 2 months for example (when there are different bosses, the Hemocyte will keep is current cicle more or less
  • the structure remains the same - a multi-stage bounty leads to the bossfight at the end

Possible Boss - Councilor Vay Hek:

• Vay Hek already plays an important role on the Plains (he talks to us in the PlagueStar-Event and the GhoulPurge-Event) and besides that, i think he could be a really fun boss on the Plains of Eidolon without many changes (Councilor Vay Hek on Earth-Oro already has multiple stages and a high mobility)
  • while i dont think changes to his mechanics are needed, it might be both necessary and cool if his size and HP gets increased
  • while we are doing the bounty tasks, he will appear multiple times just like in the Star-Chart Version before the real bossfight
  • because he is related to the Ghouls, instead of going against infested we are fighting against Ghouls
  • The Grustrag-Three, (which are also related to Vay Hek) might appear in the caves when we have to get something like the Thrax Toxin to make this stage more interesting
  • the bounty will include some of the regular tasks, but i think 1 mission-type i suggested would work really well with this, namely Recovery. The description can be found in my first post alongside other mission-type suggestions, but i will put the description for this mission in the Spoiler below:
Spoiler
  • this will probably work best as a bounty-stage and not as an endless mission
  • we have to defend a target as usual
  • but there is a new enemy-type that is able to detach certain parts of our defense-target
  • this enemy will act a bit like a ghoul (from PoE):
  1. He is able to move underground
  2. they will suddenly appear on the defense target and will detach a part really quickly in 1 or 2 seconds, so you might be able to counter it, but if not:
  3. he will go underground again with the detached part and moves for ~50 meters until he will come to the surface again for 10-15 seconds
  4. he will be marked on the map, and you have to kill him and bring the part back, but you will have only ~3 chances to do so until he completly disappears
  5. if a certain number of parts (maybe 3 or 5) will get detached and not recovered over the time you have to defend it, the mission fails
  6. you get a bonus at the end of the bounty stage if no parts were detached/all have been recovered
  • this means that if parts get detached, one player has to try to recover the part while the others keep defending the target.
  • still, it can be done solo if you you take care (while playing solo, numbers of enemies is tuned down like anywhere else)
  • at the End, there will be a Final Boss-fight in the seperated Area which you can see on the Screenshot (It lies behind a cave in the South/East)
  • imo that place is perfect for a Bossfight - and it would be cool to fight Vay Hek in a Space that is a little bigger than the Earth-Oro-Version

The Kuva-Fomorian:

eyH7Z5D.jpg

This is a concept for a recurring Event (just like the other Fomorian).

Once again, its all about adding variation (both to the Events we have and the OpenWorlds).

You will recognize a lot from the already existing Fomorian Event, but i added/changed some stuff so it works on the Plains.

Spoiler

Lore:

Grineer investigations came to the result that there are presumably huge amounts of kuva located on the Plains of Eidolon.

They sent out a Fomorian Battleship to find and harvest the kuva. They already started collecting a lot of Kuva,

but the Tenno are called to prevent them from harvesting more and at best destroy the Fomorian to prevent them from getting anything.

The Task wont be easy since they brought huge amounts of Kuva Guardians and other specialized units.

The Fomorian itself travels very slowly across the Plains and is surrounded by a huge forcefield which slows Warframes down and disables our abilities.

On top of that, huge squadrons of Dargyns have made an alliance with them and protect the Fomorian.

The Mission:

We have to enter the fomorian and destroy its core (just like in the balor fomorian event),
but to be able to do it we have to get through the following tasks:

• we have to find a datamass in one of the caves in a safe which is heavily guarded by several kuva units (random cave, will get marked on the Minimap once you start)
  • each kuva guardian has to be killed before we can take the datamass to make sure they dont destroy it once we open the safe and pick it up
  • we have to find a special vruush-turret which we can modify with this datamass so it will attack the fomorian (will get marked once you are close to it)
  • these 2 tasks can be done simultaniously - the team can split up to do the exploration

• once the datamass is found, we have to use it to hack the turret  - also, every player has to use his fomorian disruptor to create the EMP-bomb the turret will launch
  • then, we will have to defend it for 2.30m while lots of (kamikaze-) Dargyns aswell as ground units like the kuva guardians rush to the turret trying to destroy it
  • if we succeed to defend it, the turret will launch the emp-bomb which will disable the Fomorian's defensive tools and the forcefield

• before we can finally enter the Fomorian, we still have to destroy the 2 shield-generators which are located on the outside
  • because it is still heavily guarded by Dargyns, you can counter that by stealing one of the new, fully coated Dargyns (you will stay unnoticed until you start to shot the generators)
  • once the shields are down, we can enter the fomorian and destroy its core
  • to get the 1-time rewards, you have to deal at least 1 million damage to the core with your team

The Rewards:

• 200k Credits (1 time)
  • 50k Kuva (1 time)
  • Fomorian Emblem (1 time)

Droptable:

• Twin Rogga Wraith Blueprint
  • Twin Rogga Wraith Reciever
  • Twin Rogga Wraith Barrel
  • 5k Kuva

vor 3 Stunden schrieb BiancaRoughfin:

An event Cetus really needed was a massive Grineer full on assault against the gates of Cetus where the Tennos would have to hold their ground at the gate and fend off waves after waves of enemy assaults with all enemy types that spawn in the plains, from Basic Troops to Ghouls and Thumpers.

That would be really cool indeed, some time ago i tried to imagine how a "Tower Defense" style Mission could look like in Warframe and this is what i came up with.

Although i made this concept for Fortuna, it would have so much flavour doing it at the Cetus Gate 🤗

Zitat

General idea:

• an endless mission in Orb Vallis
  • an alternative way to farm for Toroids (and maybe Standing/Axi-Relics/new Amalgan Mods)
  • it will use currently unused Spots like the Pearl, the Orokin Dig Site etc
  • on each of these Spots there will be a Terminal to start the Mission (leaderboards can be also implemented on this terminal)

Gameplay:

• You have to prevent that Enemies reach a certain point on these Spots (the center of the Pearl or the Portal on the Digsite for example)
  • 2 types of enemies: a) all the normal enemies you can find on Orb Vallis who mainly try to attack the players, take cover and shoot you etc b) a certain boss like the Demolyst who carries a bomb (just a bit weaker like Demolyst's, but more of them at the same time), they only focus on planting the bomb mostly ignoring the players
  • if the enemies manage to plant ~5 bombs on the target, the missions ends (but you dont lose your rewards)
  • the target itself has no HP (just like in Disruption), so the only it way it can be destroyed is with the bombs
  • constant flow of enemies, both types of enemies are constantly spawning without breaks
  • it shall be fast paced, the players always have to look out for the bomb-carriers while there is lots of chaos going on with all the different enemies

What are the general conditions?

• rotational rewards, the rotations are time-based, this will make sure that CC-Frames are viable aswell
  • one rotation takes ~2 minutes, Toroid Rewards should match the amount you would get in average while farming Toroids like you do now
  • fast scaling like in regular Toroid-farming, starting level should be around 50
  • random conditions (buffs and debuffs) like in Disruption (eximus flood, health drain, enemy damage resistance etc) which change with every rotation 

Bonus thoughts:

I think it would be cool to make use of all the interesting spots in Orb Vallis, and some spots like the Portal on the Digsite or the Pearl are perfect for a Gamemode like this and provide vastly different gameplay! While on the Digsite enemies come from one direction only, the Pearl will be a 360° Defense Mission. To incentivize the players to play on each of those Spots, each spot you could have unique rewards attached to it, so a certain Amalgan Mod drops only at one spot for example. Its kinda sad that these spots arent really used right now for gameplay, the Design is great but we rarely play there, they are awesome but yet unused Tilesets 🙂

The feedback for Disruption was really positive, and my Clanmates and me enjoyed the Gamemode a lot in the Clan-Event!

So why not take the good things from this gamemode and transfer it to a slightly different Open-World Mission aswell?

I think a good mix of rewards (Toroids, Axi-Relics, Standing, rare Mods) can make this gamemode an interesting alternative to places like Hieracon (for farming relics) for example while certain Events with Rewards for Clans like in the Operation Hostile Mergers could provide a reason to push as far as possible (doesnt have to be a Trophy, small things like some decorations for the Clan or some ressources could also do the Job).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask or add ideas that you have in mind 🙂

Edit: We could go a bit further and make this mission feel even more like a Tower Defense, but that would need some gameplay additions:

• every ~5th Demolyst drops a Device a player can pick it up after killing him (takes ~3 seconds)
  • this device can then be placed on the Map (also takes ~3 seconds)
  • it has HP and normal enemies also attack those devices, so it does the Job as long as we manage to keep it alive
  • different variants possible:
  • trip mine: stuns the boss-units for a certain period of time when in range (multiple of those can create a "wall")
  • laser-marker: marks all boss-units in range
  • clone: create a clone of your Warframe which acts like a specter but is stationary
  • healing tower: creates health and (over-)shields for allies in range
  • buffing tower: gives bonus for weapon damage/ability strength/ability range for players in range
  • debuffing tower: slows/weakens/confuses enemies (normal and/or boss units) in range

I wouldnt add too many variants to keep it simple. Having those devices would allow for some strategic decisions Tower Defense Games are known for, and i think this is a way it would be possible in Warframe, because building complete mazes for example doesnt really fit this game - but adding a few towers on strategic positions could really make this gamemode a lot more fun and interesting.

I sometimes still like to think about the awesome potential this game has,

but after more then 2 years now i came to the conclusion that Warframe will never use the potential of new systems they implement.

Some things will be fun for a bit of time while others are not at all and i will ignore those unfun additions completly (like Liches), but even if they wanted to use th existing potential it will take them ages to do so sadly, but at this point i start to doubt they even see something like a "problem" with the OpenWorlds and the Events, DE probably has the opinion that they have fixed the important stuff, made it look good so they dont need to put in any more work.

• Like 1

it loosk like most of the attention is gonna go to Fortuna and Railjack Right now, but perhaps in the future when we have Squad link, we could have missions where one squad handles a series of objectives on the Plains while another crew helps form Orbit. that was the initial idea we saw in the trailer for it, so it would be kind of neat to see it for real.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Well, no time for such good events because DE is usually busy with whatever big release they have planned. Empyrean out? Cool, now we already know the rest of the development year is taken up with New War and Duviri. Fortuna also needs its Plague Star, most old events need to be reworked in order to make them return and be recurring, and most recurring events need to be reworked in order to have more replay value.

So, all in all, more old events, more new events, different booster weekends every so often, and so on. We need more seasonal content made available throughout the year. Also, use Nightwave as it's supposed to and deliver seasons with nice rewards, lore and challenges instead of using it as an empty filler mechanic like the current full lenght intermission.

I value day-to-day content way more than the big end-o'-the-year basket a lot more. Make the big fluffy cake, make it the pride of the party, but don't sacrifice the rest of the meal for it.

I throughly appreciate that someone else uses great metaphors to make a point. This 100%. 

Having an event with forma is such a genius thing. Especially if there are going to be more lvl 40 weapons introduced. Rewards like easily farmable mods, or mastery alt weapons like Wraith and Vandal are very much one and done with little to no incentive to do again. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

Having an event with forma is such a genius thing. Especially if there are going to be more lvl 40 weapons introduced. Rewards like easily farmable mods, or mastery alt weapons like Wraith and Vandal are very much one and done with little to no incentive to do again. 

Agreed. Even having a one time use blueprint that upgrades Eidolon Shards into Brilliant Eidolon Shards would be incredibly useful as Eidolon Shards have no use after maxing Quills and crafting Paracesis. I mean that's 41 of these conversion blueprints per unbound (1,000,000 converted focus +1 brilliant shard).

19 minutes ago, DarthIronclad said:

Wonder how will recurring events with changing rewards will work out...

Though that can have an issue...if you miss a reward for various reasons...and if you are unlucky....it can take a while for another chance to get that said reward you want again...

I wouldn’t mind some of these little events becoming full on features so that people can obtain weapons at will. BUT!-definitely not the “play it or we delete things” like Balor Fomorians. I mean the very low impact Thermia fissures that just spew Orange Crush and can be opted out of at any moment of gameplay with little consequence. Seeing how it’s tied to a story boss of Fortuna in the first place, I feel like it should have been just a permanent addition, not a random event. 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

I wouldn’t mind some of these little events becoming full on features so that people can obtain weapons at will. BUT!-definitely not the “play it or we delete things” like Balor Fomorians. I mean the very low impact Thermia fissures that just spew Orange Crush and can be opted out of at any moment of gameplay with little consequence. Seeing how it’s tied to a story boss of Fortuna in the first place, I feel like it should have been just a permanent addition, not a random event. 

and then thermia can be used to exchange for rewards with a vendor,and the stuff that the vendor offers can be expanded too