Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why so much hate with console players

(XBOX)SapphyreBlue

It happens, but very rarely. And I mean, truly rarely, at least from what I see on the forums or even in-game. And yes, happened to me as well, once upon a time.

I'm also curious as to where is this happening. Is it really that broad? 

Could it be some of the more condescendent-esque comments on the thread complaining about the console buggy release and on-going bugged version on consoles that was merged into this one?

That's the only example I've seen recently, and not even that much. Just some misunderstandings at best imo. Other than that console feuds are pretty much non-existant in Warframe. Which makes me supremely happy.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

Because consoles hold back cutting edge PC game development. E.g. The Witcher 3 and Watchdogs downgrades (and most other downgrades that were hyped up at E3). The upcoming next gen consoles may "allow" game dev tech to improve a lot, but only because AAA publishers think that's where the money is.

Edited by JayB33

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’ve been given crap because I’m on console and that apparently means I can’t have criticism about new content on PC.

Of course you can, when you have it in your lap to try it. If you havent had hands on experience with something the feedback isnt really valid except for cases regarding aestethics. Difficulty, balance etc. can never be given proper feedback unless you test something.

And the reason people hate consolers in general, or well consoles, I can only speak for myself. I hate consoles because it has led to way too many console-first releases with horrible PC ports later on. 

il y a 2 minutes, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

I’ve been given crap because I’m on console and that apparently means I can’t have criticism about new content on PC.

A link to the topics in question ? just throwing stuff without any proof or substance is rather pointless. that goes for the op too. When you make a topic to complain about some people disdain toward other you should at the very least give proof to support your allegations.

Could it be that you are mixing two different things here? It's fairly common that some PC players will often hate on consoles for several reasons. But that is not the same thing as hating on console *players*.

Also, some PC players tend to consider themselves above console players as being part of the "PC master race" as is often called.

You should just ignore them. We are all players at the end of the day.

19 minutes ago, JayB33 said:

Because consoles hold back cutting edge PC game development

I'm not sure if this even applies to Warframe, considering PC always has priority in terms of development.

We could however argue that DE holds back on cutting edge features because they want to keep supporting players with very old potato-PCs.

I don't recall seeing high end "PC master racer" players bashing on low end/potato PC players because of how they impact Warframe's progress, but that wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I'm not sure if this even applies to Warframe, considering PC always has priority in terms of development.

We could however argue that DE holds back on cutting edge features because they want to keep supporting players with very old potato-PCs.

I don't recall seeing high end "PC master racer" players bashing on low end/potato PC players because of how they impact Warframe's progress, but that wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah WF isnt held back due to console, several other new games are. And it shows alot through poor optimization, simplified controls, piss poor KB/M support, downgraded graphics and extremely horrible UI's.

7 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

extremely horrible UI's.

Don't blame bad UI on console - they suck here too 🤣

downgraded graphics? well they want to support plenty of potato pc's so not sure this is valid.

Poor optimization? arguably pc gets the best optimization DE is capable of, we get a poor port of that.

over simplification of controls with an eye toward the inherent limitations of controllers on the other hand is valid.

• Like 3

Simple It’s part of the gaming hierarchy. 

Goes like this. PC windows/Linux/dos/mac followed by Nintendo sega and SNES Atari all about the same level. Then you got your N64s and your PS 1/2. Then your 3 and older x boxes kinda mix’s in there followed by current consoles then mobile phones in almost last. There are those strange games you use to be able to buy at stores with the guy moving left and right on a screen.

point is if your above some one on the list you give the people below you a hard time and if your below you treat the ones above you as royalty. 🙂

hope this helps.

Many people just fail to see the advantages and disadvantages from both platforms.

A good PC costs more than a console, is much bigger, more likely to break in some way (dust, viruses, whatever, though those can be prevented easily) and has no access to console exclusives.

But they last longer, meaning that you can upgrade individual parts to keep things running while consoles just get left behind by the glorious Next Gen's. They also have a much larger amounts of games available, as well as utility, i.e printing and whatnot.

Personally, I used to play on an old PS2 (the fat one, the O.G. PS2) and then on an XBox 360, later selling it for a PS3, which I still have.

I eventually made the switch to PC and didn't regret it. Doesn't mean I suddenly dislike consoles.

Edited by o0Despair0o

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Don't blame bad UI on console - they suck here too 🤣

downgraded graphics? well they want to support plenty of potato pc's so not sure this is valid.

Poor optimization? arguably pc gets the best optimization DE is capable of, we get a poor port of that.

over simplification of controls with an eye toward the inherent limitations of controllers on the other hand is valid.

Na I'm refering to other games. DE is fine for me. It runs as smooth as a game can run, the UI does the job it needs to without being in the way and so on. Only gripe I have currently is with keymapping limitiation that PC has to suffer due to consoles, or atleast it feels like that is the reason. Like not having quickbutton options for tactical commands in the RJ and such. But those are minor things.

Games I'm looking at are console+pc releases for some arpgs where the UI is just so damn intrusive it hurts and where certain quickbar customizations... or should I say lack there of are obviously due to the console+pc simultaneous release. Or the many game earlier that never had their fps cap of 30 removed in their pc ports.

DE handles it well however, though I think they should listen less to the outcries of the console crowd. Might aswell avoid future empyrean mistakes no matter how much the console crowd begs to have the releases closer or at the same time as PC. Atleast this time you got what you asked for. 😛 

1 hour ago, (XB1)SapphyreBlue said:

Well i play on xbox, and i see A LOT of hate from pc players about console, why did u guys hate us so much? (Just saying that is not everyone on the pc that hate console players)

I think some people just really do not like some of the consoles and it has nothing to do with the players using them. And if people do hate someone for using a xbox or whatever it is rather a juvenile attitude.

Edited by LazyKnight

The only reason I can think of to hate Warframe console players is that they get to buy Tennogen with plat. Otherwise, most pc players pity console players for always being behind in new content. They'll have quests spoiled for them, long before they ever get to play it.

1 hour ago, (XB1)SapphyreBlue said:

Well i play on xbox, and i see A LOT of hate from pc players about console, why did u guys hate us so much? (Just saying that is not everyone on the pc that hate console players)

When did you start caring about people who don't matter actually think?