Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design Council Preview?

d1ru

I'm leaning pretty heavily towards upgrading in the next day or so, but not for the reason you would expect. I dont really need plat, but i would like to be more involved in seeing updates via the design council. I think its pretty $&*&*#(%& that we dont at least get a PREVIEW of what it looks like, or what it can realistically offer (rather than... "stuff!") given that the price for it is a whopping 100$. not sure if it is disallowed or whatnot, but can a mod or if allowed a founder take some screenshots of it for us to see? 

or heck, even message me some. i just want a preview of what i am thinking about purchasing.

I'm leaning pretty heavily towards upgrading in the next day or so, but not for the reason you would expect. I dont really need plat, but i would like to be more involved in seeing updates via the design council. I think its pretty $&*&*#(%& that we dont at least get a PREVIEW of what it looks like, or what it can realistically offer (rather than... "stuff!") given that the price for it is a whopping 100$. not sure if it is disallowed or whatnot, but can a mod or if allowed a founder take some screenshots of it for us to see? 

or heck, even message me some. i just want a preview of what i am thinking about purchasing.

Everything available in the design council is made available elsewhere within five minutes of posting everywhere else on the internet.  If you don't care about the platinum, why spend the $50 for something you can get for free?  From what I hear there is very little constructive posting in there, it's 90% everyone telling DE how great they are and how much they like the new things.  And that the design council members don't really have much say in what gets made, the stats of what gets made, etc.  Basically they get to name things from what I hear and not much else.  Are you really sure that's worth $50 to you?

Edited by FrothyOmen

Screenshotting the secret stuff in the design council for the public to see you say?

You can do it. But I wouldnt reccomend it because...

sfm2YSB.png

yeah thats why i was asking if a mod could do it... and not sure what that pic is supposed to mean.

Everything available in the design council is made available elsewhere within five minutes of posting everywhere else on the internet.  If you don't care about the platinum, why spend the $50 for something you can get for free?  From what I hear there is very little constructive posting in there, it's 90% everyone telling DE how great they are and how much they like the new things.  And that the design council members don't really have much say in what gets made, the stats of what gets made, etc.  Basically they get to name things from what I hear and not much else.  Are you really sure that's worth $50 to you?

well, this is probably the last chance to get it, and they DID say they are trying to bring more to the design council for ideas. look how well nova went over. I guess youre right tho, theres no point in spending on what ifs, if they cant advertise why to get something, even with a generic page designed for previews, then why buy it.

well, this is probably the last chance to get it, and they DID say they are trying to bring more to the design council for ideas. look how well nova went over. I guess youre right tho, theres no point in spending on what ifs, if they cant advertise why to get something, even with a generic page designed for previews, then why buy it.

I'm considering buying it just because I'd like the platinum, and design council + T-Shirt + Headband when they mail those out would be nice bonuses on top.  Don't forget that DE is sending those things out which could help tip the balance for you, it certainly sweetens the deal for me.

Design council is kinda nice but I wouldn't splash out $50 just for it, you get a nice preview and the "in the making" development videos/pics which are really nice which you don't get by googling on the internet and sneak peaks of various dev stuff which inevitably gets leaked or released by DE.

Seriously, the design council thing is kinda not really all that amazing... you get to see a little bit of stuff that you don't see in the normal forums but... it's not really mindblowing.

I can fully recommend buying the packages for the plat... but if you're talking about dropping 100 bucks for the DC I would personally advise against it; especially since everything gets leaked anyways.

what a Design council member does

Give ideas on something, DE picks 5, we vote on it, they let us make up ideas, DE picks 5, then we vote on it...

Other then that its mostly look at new stuff which "hint hint" The new stuff coming out will blow you out of the water... Dark Sector got nothing on whats in stored next...

Oh we get to watch weapons, and stuff get built...

Edited by Arlayn

Seriously, the design council thing is kinda not really all that amazing... you get to see a little bit of stuff that you don't see in the normal forums but... it's not really mindblowing.

I can fully recommend buying the packages for the plat... but if you're talking about dropping 100 bucks for the DC I would personally advise against it; especially since everything gets leaked anyways.

What this gentleman said. If you are not after the discounted platinum you receive, there isn't much use or sense in buying a founder's package - unless you want to support the developers, which is almost always a noble cause. You cannot start new topics there (something I am really missing) and you won't be as actively involved as you'd like to be.

Yea I would strongly advise against becoming a founder, the design council is a joke, you get very little say in anything whatsoever and the previews are rarely more than poor concept art that will be viewable on reddit 5 minutes after it goes up anyway.

As for the council chat in game, its no less cancer causing than region and the 'devs' never say anything in there that isn't related to ponies or 'hilarious' jokes with older members of the community.

Wasted cash.

Edited by UncleCoord

shadowkinz, on 04 Oct 2013 - 9:55 PM, said:

Speaking of which since i upgraded i see council chat in game, and have in game badges, but doesn't show up on my forum pic and i can't see the forums

Log out and back in on the forums. If that doesn't work, clear your cache.