Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 3.0 Zaw Build

Caffeinian

So if you were building a plague zaw or regular zaw after 3.0 changes.  How would you build it & why.  Based on What I have read, it seems speed and crit it good?  I am thinking Seekalla, Varjeet II Jai, and Kripath.  I would like to seem some red crits for sure!! 🙂

What say you all?

If your just looking to mod out a melee weapon and it mostly be self contained... meaning your not looking to use companions, primaries, or secondaries to boost your melee weapon damage then I would say crit would be the best way to go. Having a good speed is also Ideal, but I'd strike a balance between speed and base damage. If you go with 25% base crit and blood rush at its max should get you to 205 crit chance if my maths is correct. You can still have a manageable amount of status and run 60 60 mods to help you take out pesky adds like the tanky Nox.

Crit wise though, most anything 20+% will be at the very least viable on anything in the star chart. If you want to go beyond that, depending on the weapon you may want to incorporate a riven or look to other ways to stacking damage such as using companions and such.

Speed is good, me personally, I've found that in the new system that I've had to tone down speed a bit. It just depends on the build though. like I said, its a balance between speed and base damage. Speed is going to be more viable if your relying on status to help you kill your enemies. Not that it doesn't help with a crit build, its just status has a lot of "chance" associated with it being that what status are you going to proc and all.

Anyway, hope this helps!

• pure Status is useless, all Melee Weapons should be Hybrid.
    • lean a bit more into Crits than into Status.
  • since Zaw Strikes got dramatically increased in Damage but the other Parts were left untouched, the Zaw parts that give increased Damage, are useless(because they barely increase your Damage at all compared to the Stats that you lose). you want parts that offer Speed, and Crits/Status.

that's pretty much all she wrote.

your choices of 36% Crit and 10% Status seems a little bit low onthe Status to me, but you could still use it if that's what you want. i would pick 29% Crit and 14% Status myself personally.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

Build your Zaw with pure crit and attack speed, and mod it with the same way + Condtion Overload and Weeping Wounds.
If you want to know why exactly, I made these two posts a while ago to explain how melee 3.0 affected overall melee modding and Zaws :

Edited by lukinu_u

Am 20.1.2020 um 21:35 schrieb lukinu_u:

Build your Zaw with pure crit and attack speed, and mod it with the same way + Condtion Overload and Weeping Wounds.
If you want to know why exactly, I made these two posts a while ago to explain how melee 3.0 affected overall melee modding and Zaws :

So you'd recommend something like Plague Kripath + Seekalla + Vargeet II Jai? It got

1.117 base speed

36% crit chance

2.2 multiplier

10% status chance

221 base damage

il y a 40 minutes, (NSW)H0rst a dit :

So you'd recommend something like Plague Kripath + Seekalla + Vargeet II Jai? It got

1.117 base speed

36% crit chance

2.2 multiplier

10% status chance

221 base damage

Yep, it's good.
You may want to trade Vargeet II Jai for Vargeet Jai to get a little bit more status chance to go from 54% status chance to 75.6%, but it lower you crit chance from 273.6% to 220.4%, which is overall a 17.5% dps lost for 40% more status.

It really depend on your need for status. If you already strip armor from another source, more crit might better, but if you rely on corrosive or want more/faster viral/slash procs (from base damage), going for a bit more status is definitely worth it.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb lukinu_u:

Yep, it's good.
You may want to trade Vargeet II Jai for Vargeet Jai to get a little bit more status chance to go from 54% status chance to 75.6%, but it lower you crit chance from 273.6% to 220.4%, which is overall a 17.5% dps lost for 40% more status.

It really depend on your need for status. If you already strip armor from another source, more crit might better, but if you rely on corrosive or want more/faster viral/slash procs (from base damage), going for a bit more status is definitely worth it.

Hah nice, I just happened to build the latter one yesterday cause I didn't have enough standing at Ostron for Vargeet II Jai ^^ Currently it isn't gilded yet, but I definitely will try to optimise the build once it is! Gonna try how exodia epidemic and enduring affliction work together, too.

At first I was lost how you got that 75.6% stat chance and 220.4% crit, but then I understood that I had to add weeping wounds and blood rush (at combo counter 12) to achieve that. So far, I don't own this mods, but I was told that acolyths should come back soon 🙂

Edited by (NSW)H0rst