The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last week of this Nightwave?

2Peter3Nine

I've completed every Act, dailies and weeklies since the start as they came up.

This week i'll get to Prestige 30, which is the last rank.

That means this week could be the last week,
but I think it might last for a few more weeks to give newer players time to catch up.

It was rumored to near start to last 10 weeks, 
Intermission II began on October 21st, 2019,
meaning we are on the 13th week.

Unless DE are sticking in another intermission this one isn't ending anytime soon.... they said in the devstream that they're 'working on' the next one meaning it isn't done yet.

I don't personally see this one ending much before March if I'm being totally honest. 

I don't get why it has to end. Just let us keep going. 

If they pull the rug out every time some of us get near the umbra forma, were not going to like this system or want to participate in it again.

Nightwave still sucks. All of these rewards should be alerts like they used to be. Perpetually rolling randomized content and rewards. 

If it absolutely needs to be structured the way it is, then make it an individual reward track that we can work on at our own pace. Don't reset it every few months. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, IIDMOII said:

If they pull the rug out every time some of us get near the umbra forma, were not going to like this system or want to participate in it again.

the whole point of the system is to achieve those ranks as fast as possible, and you've had like 3 whole months to hit 29, which you can probably reach in about 2 months if you take it slow ad skip the odd challenge, even sooner if you knuckle down and do the lot.

the time-gating is there to create an influx of players and make people want the rewards before they disappear. if they make it have unlimited time, player count will ease off, and they don't want that. Alerts aren't coming back, no matter how hard some people want them, that's just a fact.

1 hour ago, General_Durandal said:

I've completed every Act, dailies and weeklies since the start as they came up.

This week i'll get to Prestige 30, which is the last rank.

That means this week could be the last week,
but I think it might last for a few more weeks to give newer players time to catch up.

It was rumored to near start to last 10 weeks, 
Intermission II began on October 21st, 2019,
meaning we are on the 13th week.

DE tends to give two weeks notice before ending a nightwave season, and going by last dev stream those two weeks won't be soon as it has been made apparent they only just started working on the next season the start of this month and they will want that complete before they close out on our existing rotation. 

From the way they said it in the last Devstream, it sounds like Season 3 is going to launch around mid-February at the earliest. It's not even close to being ready.

Meh. Not that I care much. As I said, I enjoy the absence of Alerts more than Nightwave itself. Just saying, Season 3 might be a while off.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IIDMOII said:

Nightwave still sucks. All of these rewards should be alerts like they used to be. Perpetually rolling randomized content and rewards. 

If it absolutely needs to be structured the way it is, then make it an individual reward track that we can work on at our own pace. Don't reset it every few months. 

While I'll admit nightwave is boring as anything, and this one is worse than usual due to the duplication of rewards with no alternative, but how have you not managed to get to rank 30 by now?  Even just doing the easy stuff has got me to rank 52 (prestige 22) without any real effort....

• Like 2

Series 1: 82 days

Intermission 1 (half season rewards no extra levels) 24 days

Series 2: 100 days

Intermission 2 (full season rewards) : so far 92 days

Going the way of old sortie seasons and simaris scan stories. They can't keep up.

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

While I'll admit nightwave is boring as anything, and this one is worse than usual due to the duplication of rewards with no alternative, but how have you not managed to get to rank 30 by now?  Even just doing the easy stuff has got me to rank 52 (prestige 22) without any real effort....

as someone who hasnt gotten to Rank 30 yet because ive been focused on other things and am close to rank 30, since im doing this at my own pace, i was curious if their was anything after rank 30, so are their any rewards after Rank 30 to go after or is it just for bragging rights?

15 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Series 1: 82 days

Intermission 1 (half season rewards no extra levels) 24 days

Series 2: 100 days

Intermission 2 (full season rewards) : so far 92 days

Going the way of old sortie seasons and simaris scan stories. They can't keep up.

They will never be able to keep up. This game will always be in constant and continuous catch up; with everything. This is nothing new. Nor will it ever change. So long as the current devs are apart of the decision making process. And especially with a game as dated as this one. 

Edited by (XB1)MandlorPrime

You can still catch up.

I did not focus on this season and few days ago i was rank 20. Was kinda bored so i started doing the tasks. Once you do almost all weekly tasks you will get new 4500 and 7000 ones as 'Recovered'. So..in few hours i did 9 ranks of Nightwave.

Tbh tho...i had quite som fun. Its moments like this when you see just how much WF has to offer. I did Tridelon, Profit taker, Spy missions, 25 waves Fissure Defense, random killing tasks, Index for mods, fishing in Plains and Orb Vallis. I didnt force myself and jus let it flow..was nice.

8 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

It's not meant to be rewarding if you don't play at all. I haven't done a good portion of the challenges and I'm still currently at rank 13 prestige.

If you didn't play before, you also got zero rewards from alerts, with no way of earning them at your own pace, it was an all or absolutely nothing situation, and you can't possibly expect umbra formas for doing a 4 minute mission when the only other way to earn them is practically impossible to get by playing rail jack normally.

9 hours ago, (XB1)Madinogi said:

as someone who hasnt gotten to Rank 30 yet because ive been focused on other things and am close to rank 30, since im doing this at my own pace, i was curious if their was anything after rank 30, so are their any rewards after Rank 30 to go after or is it just for bragging rights?

Actually it was curiosity....

And tbh you should already know what comes after rank 30, it's the same as the last 2 times, a measly 15 creds per level

11 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

the whole point of the system is to achieve those ranks as fast as possible, and you've had like 3 whole months to hit 29, which you can probably reach in about 2 months if you take it slow ad skip the odd challenge, even sooner if you knuckle down and do the lot.

You don't even need to spam the challenges and get every single one. I reject outright anything that involves sanctuary onslaught, index, plains fishing and kuva survival, I almost never bother with tridolons and it's actually fairly uncommon for me to get the "10 rare mods" one because I simply don't do enough regular gameplay for it. That's a pretty big proportion of the 7k point rewards and a fair amount of the 4.5k point rewards that I don't ever see.

Even deliberately missing all of those, I'm still at prestige rank 15. The current intermission has been going on for a very long time.

17 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Actually it was curiosity....

And tbh you should already know what comes after rank 30, it's the same as the last 2 times, a measly 15 creds per level

i only got back into the game during the final days of Season 2, and then it went into this intermission, last time i signed in before season 2 was actually before the whole nightwave system was implemented.