Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star Issues

(NSW)Cephalon_Carinae

Drones are still getting hung up and stuck on terrain, REQUIRING players to use Nova/Loki or just accept their spent phylaxis/catalysts are potentially wasted through no fault of our own. 

Additionally, had to leave a run last night while on stream because the Infested spawns totally ceased from the boil. We waited multiple minutes before i (as host) left so as to force a host migration, which fixed the problem for my squad but not me.
Edit: clip from the video, we had enough to kill for a few extra % coming from other corners of the plains, but after the 50% hemocyte went down, i saw a small wave of pods and nothing further from the boil.

Spoiler

Quite disappointing considering the age of this event and its associated bugs, let alone the time-limited nature of it. 😞

Edited by (NSW)Cephalon_Carinae

The bugs are frustrating, but honestly the event rewards don't get updated either much, so unless you're a new player there isn't much incentive to run the event in my opinion.

All of that being said, it would be nice for them to get fixed... Except it's a rare event and IMO low priority with railjack right now.

It's almost like a right of passage for new players to run plague star and deal with the bugs lol. With everything in warframe bugs in limited time events are inevitable and still a work in progress.

7 minutes ago, (NSW)M1tchster said:

The bugs are frustrating, but honestly the event rewards don't get updated either much, so unless you're a new player there isn't much incentive to run the event in my opinion.

All of that being said, it would be nice for them to get fixed... Except it's a rare event and IMO low priority with railjack right now.

It's almost like a right of passage for new players to run plague star and deal with the bugs lol. With everything in warframe bugs in limited time events are inevitable and still a work in progress.

That is a poor excuse to say the least, especially considering the bugginess of Empyrean as well, and the fact that this is all due to DE's choices, not the players.

Besides the fact that DE has added more and more forma sinks through paracesis and kuva weapons.

Edited by (NSW)Cephalon_Carinae

4 minutes ago, (NSW)SongOfTheSea said:

Sadly these bugs have been in existence since Plague Start was first introduced. Pathing issues, Frame rate issues and all the trimmings.

Empyrean we knew that was buggy before we got it, just look at all the complaints about it.

Indeed, as i said in the intro there, the fact that these are such OLD bugs is indeed worse and less confidence inspiring, besides the fact that drone pathing issues aren't even exclusive to this event! Basic plains bounties have the SAME ISSUES.

I shudder to think of all the poor folks who could have loved this game but one of their first experiences was going out to give Konzu an early lunch and getting to watch a drone endlessly bump against nothing.

For what it is worth, it was brought to my attention that the enemy spawn bug appears to happen when re-starting the event bounty from the tents on the plains without loading back into Cetus. I haven't had this issue re-occur yet while doing the event once per load from cetus, for those who wish to avoid the possibility of this problem.

That said, I do hope some of this information can help in delivering real fixes, or at the least, proper in-game communication to players as to these work-arounds until a solution can be found.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-01-22 at 1:49 PM, (NSW)Cephalon_Carinae said:

That is a poor excuse to say the least, especially considering the bugginess of Empyrean as well, and the fact that this is all due to DE's choices, not the players.

Besides the fact that DE has added more and more forma sinks through paracesis and kuva weapons.

Oh no, I agree, it should get fixed. However I do not think it is a big priority with all the other issues. And since limited-time events are momentary, it's often inevitable that their bugs may linger over years, due to the nature of Warframe and lack of exposure to user testing.