Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Lvl 100-120 Missions

Soaron

From what I gather, at the moment only Palus Survival offers a default difficulty of enemies that reach lvl 100 quite fast. This has become one of my favorite missions because it puts a nice strain on your build and skill.

I love the occasional Alert Missions that offer Grineer or Corpus that go up to lvl 120 right off the bat, and I was happy to see fellow Tenno get destroyed by these nasties, including myself.

I have read some complaints about this increase in difficulty because it seems that it's solely based on enemies with more health and armor, making people feel that their "OP" equipment is back to shooting pebbles.

I admit that yeah, they have more health and armor, but I also have noticed they are a lot faster, and they don't wait around too much before they start shooting at you... sort of a combination of increased speed, numbers and strength which is pretty awesome.

The way DE is handling this difficulty right now is good because it's an easy way to make the game a lot harder. Those players that go into these missions already know that they are going to be hard, but if they expect to go in there and just pummel through enemies and play as they would in Xini, clearing crowds with their #4 easily, well, that's not going to happen.  To me the beauty of these missions is that you actually have to be a lot more careful about how you play, and the point is to stress you more, to make you feel weak again, and make you want to run to the extraction point instead of sticking around killing everything.  That is one of the characteristics of increased difficulty.

YES, everyone, including myself would love to see an increase in difficulty that is more about more complex enemy tactics and smarter AI. Steve has mentioned that there will be "Captain" units that will do this sort of job - so we know some of that is coming. YES, of course, everyone would like to see new enemies that are not necessarily harder because they have more armor and health, but because they will attack you in more complex ways. Like a platoon of Stalkers, yeah, that could kick &#!.

But even if they added these enemies, once you learn their pattern, you would be destroying them easily, just as people already do to a lot of the bosses. I can already see a platoon of these smarter enemies at lvl 40-50 be easily disposed off with Nova and 5-Forma weapons. If this happened, at some point the game would be back to making even those enemies a lot stronger only based on health, armor and speed. The cycle would never end, and people would complain again because the more difficult, "smarter" enemies are only more difficult from higher numbers.

I for one, just sit back and appreciate all the work that's been put into the game, and I applaud the fact that DE constantly tries to appeal to those players that feel they've reached the "end-game". So I don't understand why people complain about just stronger enemies, maybe they complain because they always want to feel that their build should be awesome and their weapons should always kill enemies fast and easy, what I'm saying is.. maybe you just don't like to lose.

But the actual point of this post is that.. I wish that lvl 100-120 missions were almost ALWAYS readily available. I hope the new planets bring some of this to the table.

Edited by Soaron

Yesterday i played a rescue alert with level 120 grineer as enemies. Me and my random team mates tried 3 times. We only succeded because we worked as a team to keep the dumb hostage alive. Covering fire, scouting and distraction where good tactics. Defense missions don't need that.

@renleech Well... the hostage is a whole other story. The hostage still sucks and will make a lvl 15 mission hard. I actually... sorry DE, but I stay away from hostage missions like the plague. The hostage is broken.

And this is not because they are slow.. but they get stuck. They get stuck, they can't go through some areas in the lvl (especially those jumpy areas), and basically seem broken.

It doesn't feel as if you're actually trying to protect someone that is following you, it feels as if you're trying to protect a broken roomba.

Edited by Soaron

I have read some complaints about this increase in difficulty because it seems that it's solely based on enemies with more health and armor, making people feel that their "OP" equipment is back to shooting pebbles.

Good, now hopefully less complaints about stuff being OP and nerfs

Uhh no. An enemy that can shoot down 1200+ shields in two dera rounds has jack sh!t to do with tanky anything or the acrid maybe killing them in time.

And I retort with the abilities, like Snow Globe, Bastille, Chaos, Blessing, etc. Beside, it's not as if high wave endless defense missions (and Tower III Orokin Void missions) amount to anything beyond late-game. We still don't have an end-game for Warframe.

@renleech Well... the hostage is a whole other story. The hostage still sucks and will make a lvl 15 mission hard. I actually... sorry DE, but I stay away from hostage missions like the plague. The hostage is broken.

And this is not because they are slow.. but they get stuck. They get stuck, they can't go through some areas in the lvl (especially those jumpy areas), and basically seem broken.

It doesn't feel as if you're actually trying to protect someone that is following you, it feels as if you're trying to protect a broken roomba.

Agreed. Nothing quite like seeing the hostage hit a ramp in phobos and just run in circles like he's chasing his own tail. You have to gently prod and persuade it out to see it to extraction. And it irks me for some reason that when you do extract, the tenno get carted off in their weird 'people containers' and you can see the hostage just running around. I guess Lotus is just having us run rescues for sh-ts and giggles.

Also, petition to rename 'rescue' to 'protect the roomba'.

Would go a long way to making me feel better about the hostage.

From what I gather, at the moment only Palus Survival offers a default difficulty of enemies that reach lvl 100 quite fast. This has become one of my favorite missions because it puts a nice strain on your build and skill.

I love the occasional Alert Missions that offer Grineer or Corpus that go up to lvl 120 right off the bat, and I was happy to see fellow Tenno get destroyed by these nasties, including myself.

I admit that yeah, they have more health and armor, but I also have noticed they are a lot faster, and they don't wait around too much before they start shooting at you... sort of a combination of increased speed, numbers and strength which is pretty awesome.

The way DE is handling this difficulty right now is good because it's an easy way to make the game a lot harder. Those players that go into these missions already know that they are going to be hard, but if they expect to go in there and just pummel through enemies and play as they would in Xini, clearing crowds with their #4 easily, well, that's not going to happen.  To me the beauty of these missions is that you actually have to be a lot more careful about how you play, and the point is to stress you more, to make you feel weak again, and make you want to run to the extraction point instead of sticking around killing everything.  That is one of the characteristics of increased difficulty.

YES, everyone, including myself would love to see an increase in difficulty that is more about more complex enemy tactics and smarter AI. Steve has mentioned that there will be "Captain" units that will do this sort of job - so we know some of that is coming. YES, of course, everyone would like to see new enemies that are not necessarily harder because they have more armor and health, but because they will attack you in more complex ways. Like a platoon of Stalkers, yeah, that could kick &#!.

But even if they added these enemies, once you learn their pattern, you would be destroying them easily, just as people already do to a lot of the bosses. I can already see a platoon of these smarter enemies at lvl 40-50 be easily disposed off with Nova and 5-Forma weapons. If this happened, at some point the game would be back to making even those enemies a lot stronger only based on health, armor and speed. The cycle would never end, and people would complain again because the more difficult, "smarter" enemies are only more difficult from higher numbers.

I for one, just sit back and appreciate all the work that's been put into the game, and I applaud the fact that DE constantly tries to appeal to those players that feel they've reached the "end-game". So I don't understand why people complain about just stronger enemies, maybe they complain because they always want to feel that their build should be awesome and their weapons should always kill enemies fast and easy, what I'm saying is.. maybe you just don't like to lose.

But the actual point of this post is that.. I wish that lvl 100-120 missions were almost ALWAYS readily available. I hope the new planets bring some of this to the table.

I see what you're getting at, but there are many ways to make a pattern, even when learned, make them difficult to deal with.  It still forces you to think before you act and to work as a group. Just because a pattern can be learned, doesn't make the pattern not a challenge.

The issue with generating complex patterns to fight against is the steep learning curve. Ton of people will rage quit the first week, then as time goes on, as people begin to understand it, you'll find smoother and smoother runs. With the way the game handles, the devs are forced to keep scaling stats to make up for lack of difficulty. There is a power cap in this game, as a frame can only be so strong until the devs release MORE powerful weapons that raises that power cap further. We don't need MORE powerful weapons, we need more powerful enemies. =/ Hell, they should just release weapons to fill in the gaps in strength between noob and masters and make weapons that promote different gameplay rather than just "HERE'S A BIGGER GUN!". I mean, at the rate we are going, we'll have death stars incarnated into flash lights, and we'll duel wield them, to fight level 500 grineer.

i happily await higher level missions being available in more places.

but i still want A.I to be harder, not just take longer to kill. i quite literally have no difference in experience between lv1 and lv300 enemies. yes, they take longer to kill, but i have the same feeling between them. 

the main differences i have, with mainly Grineer, is that enemies change types eventually and become units that i do fear. Napalms are completely broken(lv20 Napalm can easily do like 600dmg with one shot, and the AoE on the rocket is like triple of Bombards), but i know that even if they weren't, i would probably still fear them. and that's good! the unit operates in a way that i know it's always going to be dangerous. 

ultimately, i want the A.I. to be more engaging, vary, and overall more interesting to be more difficult, than pretending to be by ignoring damage or having a health ocean as the main source of survivability. 

... it irks me for some reason that when you do extract, the tenno get carted off in their weird 'people containers' and you can see the hostage just running around. I guess Lotus is just having us run rescues for sh-ts and giggles.

THIS.

My other suggestion would be, why not upload them into your hand, like a Corpus Crewman, after all, Lotus does seem to "have the target" once that happens so maybe it's a little painful but people in Star Trek do it all the time!

Edited by Soaron

the problem actually is higher lvl just means higher dmg and higher true hp,

no change in ai pattern, if the mobs would be faster, more intelligent and stronger that way the dmg could be fine

Edited by Seira-EGT-

the problem actually is higher lvl just means higher dmg and higher true hp,

Does anyone remember Diablo III's Inferno Mode? The masters of all things RPG guess what they did at that level?! Higher DMG and Higher HP! Sacrilege!

Forgive the sarcasm, but that's a valid way (valid, not perfect) to make the game harder. Like I said, even if they made smarter enemies, at some point you would just figure them out and you would be back to complaining because they are too easy to kill, and when they give them more DMG and HP you would complain again.

And ironically, you made up a word "intelligenter". You can't add -er to that. You have to say "more intelligent".

And ironically, you made up a word "intelligenter". You can't add -er to that. You have to say "more intelligent".

I already thought something was wrong with that, happens if you talk in german while you're on the forums xD

but whatever, in warframe it doesn't make it more challenging, just high dmg and hp doesn't make the game rly challenging it makes the game repetive as F*** because almost everything uses the same pattern

Edited by Seira-EGT-

Does anyone remember Diablo III's Inferno Mode? The masters of all things RPG guess what they did at that level?! Higher DMG and Higher HP! Sacrilege!

Forgive the sarcasm, but that's a valid way (valid, not perfect) to make the game harder. Like I said, even if they made smarter enemies, at some point you would just figure them out and you would be back to complaining because they are too easy to kill, and when they give them more DMG and HP you would complain again.

it's not a valid way. it's an excuse to not need to actually do it. 

if the enemies used strategy and acted like a fighting force, they'd be atleast 1000% more effective at being a threat.

and so what if we figure out the enemy strategies? they'd still be an effective fighting force, instead of just sheep following a carrot.

enemies in Warframe either chase you and try to hump you (Infested), or they all hide behind chest high walls with their bodies completely exposed and take turns shooting at you once in a while. the enemies are a joke. 

you could literally increase the enemies' HP and damage output by tenfold and i would feel no difference fighting those enemies.

all it would accomplish would be making the game take longer.

but Digital Extremes says they want to make a fast paced, Third-Person, space ninja, parkour shooter - including loot, upgrades, and lots of equipment to experience. 

but the way enemies scale, only achieves slowing the game down. but the game is supposed to be fast paced. 

enemies in Warframe don't go along with the main ideals of what Warframe is supposed to be.