Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix melee when using it with "Fire Weapon Input"....

zpectral

When using the option to "Melee with Fire Weapon Input" melee becomes confusing, borderline unusable and sometimes even enraging.sWJXuu7.png

Because not only can you not fluidly use glide without switching to primary weapon, you also can't execute some combos without unintentionally switching to primary.
ngqZxVU.png

Z in this case is Melee Attack, after the melee weapon is out it can be used with Left Click (Fire Weapon Input) until Right Click (Aim Weapon) is pressed AND let go. Then Left Click is suddenly Fire Weapon again until Z is pressed etc.

It's unintuitive, takes away control and makes no sense. Is it too much to ask that if I want to use melee I take the melee weapon out and use it?

Either add a toggle option for legacy "non-fluid" weapon switching, or just disable gliding/aim-weapon swaping to weapon automatically when left-click melee is being used.

Thanks

As it is now, if you hold weapon-switch, you can go to a pure melee mode where aiming performs a manual block instead ... at the cost of all auto block. = / So there is an option for legacy, non-fluid switching.

I kinda have to worry that this settings option has been neglected in favor of these two marginally different ways of switching to melee. Personally, I just use the default behavior and have fire and melee on left and right click respectively, with aim bound elsewhere.

Edited by CopperBezel

Thanks a lot, this helps with my issues.

The problem was I previously had Switch to Melee(or whatever it was called when you could bind each slot individually)/Switch Gun bound to MouseWheel Down/Up. At the time melee had seperate binds. So when that was removed I just used hold melee key to take melee out, so I was confused when even that was removed. I never even used Switch Weapon cos it felt clunky, wish these changes were made a bit more clear with ingame tooltips or something.

Regarding Right Click, I played thousands of hours of other games (and wf) with zoom/aim on right mouse and just can't (and don't want to really) get used to using melee like that.

Thanks