The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich is a Legitmate Nuisance

I genuinely have began to disdain the Kuva Lich system.

Honestly. It is the most time consuming and annoying thing DE has ever added to this game.

I've tried numerous times with the correct order of mods for the parazon to get this lich down and to no avail.

This thing tanks bullets and just regens health as I'm PRESSING X to do the kill. It's as if you guys just want everyone to just fail and quit. 

I've been playing warframe for a little over 2 to 3 years. I went on a much needed hiatus before all of these changes with railjack and the old blood. This stuff is all fairly new to me coming back.

I am NOT a fan of the lich system. Not only do these things just instakill you, but to make matters worse when you even try to down them, they soak all of the bullets. It took me a month to even get the correct code for the lich I have to deal with.

A MONTH (only because I have an actual life outside of this game).

DE, I just want to know why you made these things overpowered and tanky? Because it's not making the game fun. It's actually making me not want to play it in all honesty. 

Not to mention that when I wanted to get murmurs for the special words or whatever to kill the lich, some people wanna be uppity and insult me for not knowing my lich spawned in during said mission. It's not my fault that RNG works that way.

I hope I'm not the only one irritated over this.

Edit: If a proper discussion cannot be made I will simply just ignore those that poke at things I've stated. I came here to express my distaste for the lich system. Not argue over the things I've said.

Edited by (XB1)AnnabelleNewell
  • Like 12

I´m playing on PC and currently on my 21st or 22nd lich. I finally gave up to get all Kuva weapons myself without buying them. I still miss the Chakkhur.

Anyway, when I got another Kuva Kraken with a horrible roll, I decided this isn´t worth more of my time so I left him at level 1, sitting on Lua and annoying me every now and then with his transmissions and by stealing my lua-loot.

I hope they introduce new ways to "ban" and defeat unwanted liches soon and I have high hopes for the system to become more interesting and especially more rewarding.

At the moment it´s probably the worst addition to the game in the past years.

Edited by IamLoco
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

I´m playing on PC and currently on my 21st or 22nd lich. I finally gave up to get all Kuva weapons myself without buying them. I still miss the Chakkhur.

Anyway, when I got another Kuva Kraken with a horrible roll, I decided this isn´t worth more of my time so I left him at level 1, sitting on Lua and annoying me every now and then with his transmissions and by stealing my lua-loot.

I hope they introduce new ways to "ban" and defeat unwanted liches soon and I have high hopes for the system to become more interesting and especially more rewarding.

At the moment it´s probably the worst addition to the game in the past years.

I don't get why some people have too much patience. I quit this awful kuva lich thing after my second attempt.

The entire system is awful. From how it is you who have to hunt the Lich, not the other way around as intended, to how there is no challenge in the actual fight, it is a guessing game. Don't they test these things before releasing them? Who gave the ok to an RNG fight?

1 hour ago, (XB1)AnnabelleNewell said:

Thing is, I didn't even kill a larvaling to get the lich, I was in a team and someone else killed it.

Yet I somehow had a lich. I got some help earlier fighting it and converting it or whatever but I'm avoiding certain missions so it doesn't happen again.

I just make one , clear all nodes except one to strand it on.

That way i dont have to worry about it stealing my rewards and can do it over a weekend when i feel like.

Note : i am not justifying the existence of liches ,just pointing out ways to minimize their annoyance. I dislike the current state of liches.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

3 hours ago, (XB1)AnnabelleNewell said:

This thing tanks bullets and just regens health as I'm PRESSING X to do the kill.

I'm guessing yours is at rank 5? they're easy at rank 1-3, a rank 4 they become pretty tanky and at rank 5 they become a bit much. are you hunting them solo? I find it's much better to PUG once they hit rank 4 because a squad can take them down much faster, and people are usually kind enough to help kill your Lich, even if it's just for their own gain.

Not only do these things just instakill you,

[DE]Steve was originally all for this mechanic, calling it an "interesting power reversal" IIRC, however I think someone has pulled him to one side as in the last Devstream he said they were going to explore other ways of punishing the player for a failed Requiem sequence. most people agree that you should "kill" the Lich, but if the sequence is wrong, they would come back afterwards, likely with some snark: "ooh, that one hurt worse then the last time!". if you get the sequence right, then obviously the Lich is defeated and either Vanquished or Converted.

some people wanna be uppity and insult me for not knowing my lich spawned in during said mission.

are you taking note of your Liches name? that's kind of important as most people in a PUG will expect you to go for the stab. the main reason is because only One Lich can spawn in the mission at any given time, and by leaving yours, they can't get theirs. as a result, some people may call you out in Chat. it is worth going for the stab even if your sequence is incorrect, as it gives you a ton of murmur progress and some Kuva.

DE is going to tweak the system more with time, so I would say just be patient and if Liches are too much for you, just avoid them until the system is improved a little more.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I'm guessing yours is at rank 5? they're easy at rank 1-3, a rank 4 they become pretty tanky and at rank 5 they become a bit much. are you hunting them solo? I find it's much better to PUG once they hit rank 4 because a squad can take them down much faster, and people are usually kind enough to help kill your Lich, even if it's just for their own gain.

[DE]Steve was originally all for this mechanic, calling it an "interesting power reversal" IIRC, however I think someone has pulled him to one side as in the last Devstream he said they were going to explore other ways of punishing the player for a failed Requiem sequence. most people agree that you should "kill" the Lich, but if the sequence is wrong, they would come back afterwards, likely with some snark: "ooh, that one hurt worse then the last time!". if you get the sequence right, then obviously the Lich is defeated and either Vanquished or Converted.

are you taking note of your Liches name? that's kind of important as most people in a PUG will expect you to go for the stab. the main reason is because only One Lich can spawn in the mission at any given time, and by leaving yours, they can't get theirs. as a result, some people may call you out in Chat. it is worth going for the stab even if your sequence is incorrect, as it gives you a ton of murmur progress and some Kuva.

DE is going to tweak the system more with time, so I would say just be patient and if Liches are too much for you, just avoid them until the system is improved a little more.

IMO, the Kuva Lich should be one hunting you, not the other way around. He shouldn't have a level cap, would continue to grow, but only after actually killing you. 

Any unsuccessful attempt at killing him should not kill you, but provide the Lich a random bonus, whether it is a resistance or some new power. These attempts would make him stronger up to a certain point, from where he would only grow stronger by actually killing you. 

He would also be able to appear at any node, at any time. If you happen to be unprepared without a tanky Warframe and weapons ill suited to deal with him, well....too bad for you. He should be able to kill you and gain another level.

Thralls should also be uncapped per mission. You could simply roll an endless fissure if you want and farm all the murmurs or whatever they are called.

IMHO, these changes would make the Kuva Lich closer to what it should have been according to initial talks.

4 hours ago, (XB1)AnnabelleNewell said:

It took me a month to even get the correct code for the lich I have to deal with.

DE, I just want to know why you made these things overpowered and tanky? Because it's not making the game fun. It's actually making me not want to play it in all honesty. 

Not to mention that when I wanted to get murmurs for the special words or whatever to kill the lich, some people wanna be uppity and insult me for not knowing my lich spawned in during said mission. It's not my fault that RNG works that way.

1. It takes ~2 hours to complete a lich... if it's taking you a month because of your life outside the game, I'd hazard to guess that's not a "game is asking too much time" problem - rather an "I don't have enough time to commit to games" problem.  I.e. it's you, not Warframe.

2. They're only tanky if you let them rank up 5 times, which is completely unnecessary and only makes everything worse to begin with.  If you do get them to rank 5 they're hella tanky... but that's why ranking them up to 5 is basically optional.  The rank up system is for players who want to drag their nads through glass sand, not the average joe.  They even put in patches to make it EASIER to prevent rank ups; i.e. the downing 3 times and they flee mechanics.  In my experience you always gotta let them level atleast once to let them spread off the first planet, but that's it... I kill rank 2-3 liches all the time and they roll over for my bullets like any enemy.

3. How do you NOT know your Lich spawned????? It comes with a big arse health bar that covers 10% of the screen and your Lich messages you taunting you - THEN The game adds a big red icon to your minimap pointing them... RNG or not, there's NO excuse in the world to miss that.  3 unique cues to tell you he's there.  Pay attention when you're playing seems like the solution to this one. 

I'm not a fan of the Lich system either, but most if not all of these grievances are user generated imo.

If don't have time for it, don't do it.  If you are going to do it anyway, don't rank your lich 5 times.  If you are doing it, pay attention.  It'll make a world of difference.  

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

[DE]Steve was originally all for this mechanic, calling it an "interesting power reversal" IIRC, however I think someone has pulled him to one side as in the last Devstream he said they were going to explore other ways of punishing the player for a failed Requiem sequence.

The fact that somebody got the fact that a cutscene death isn't a "power reversal" though his head after the poor showing in the previous devstream in December gives me hope that SOMEBODY at DE is listening to us at least.

On-topic: The way I dealt with my one (accidental) Lich was using Umbra and just slamming his face inside out with Exalted Blade, thankfully mine only had a Kuva Ogris which was at least predictable and easy to dodge, my major suggestion is to get a decent or heavy armored Warframe like Inaros (squishy frames hate fighting Liches) and find a good strong stat stick, mod it for either corrosive or the Lich's weakness (or both if applicable) and just power through it.

Getting help is also an option, even one friend can make downing a Lich easier, I solo'd mine using Umbra but I was just being stubborn and a bit bullheaded because I was on a crusade to fix the accident I caused.

• Like 2

Il y a 4 heures, (XB1)AnnabelleNewell a dit :

Honestly. It is the most time consuming and annoying thing DE has ever added to this game.

I've tried numerous times with the correct order of mods for the parazon to get this lich down and to no avail.

This thing tanks bullets and just regens health as I'm PRESSING X to do the kill. It's as if you guys just want everyone to just fail and quit. 

I've been playing warframe for a little over 2 to 3 years. I went on a much needed hiatus before all of these changes with railjack and the old blood. This stuff is all fairly new to me coming back.

I am NOT a fan of the lich system. Not only do these things just instakill you, but to make matters worse when you even try to down them, they soak all of the bullets. It took me a month to even get the correct code for the lich I have to deal with.

I mean, I'm all for logical criticism (extremely repetitiv for example, matter of taste, but can't argue with that), but "it instakills you" and that sort of complaints leave me half laughing half cringing.

You go into a "high" level mission, maybe take a frame that can take a hit, or don't stand around in front of the lich.

And "a month" to get all 3 runes ? It's about 5 minutes per lich run, can you only play 5 minutes of WF per day ? If so, don't claim it takes a month to do it, you know you're stretching the truth.

"Why did you make lich strong and tanky ?" God forbid we get an ennemy that doesn't die in one hit and has some vague damage capability.

"People mad because I didn't know my lich could spawn in the mission"... You didn't know that lich can spawn during dedicated lich missions ? When the lich contacts you with his/her name displayed on screen ? With a marker on it ? Come on, it's not rocket science, everybody figured it out on launch when there was no wiki yet...

Finally, " it won't die when I have the correct order". It sounds like a minor glitch or you weren't aligned properly. I have never had that problem once, so unless that was a one-time-problem (in which case, why are you even crying about that ?), it might come from the host's poor internet, or yours if that's the case. Not a design decision from the devs, stop speaking as if they wanted that glitch to happen, that is incredibly stupid and doesn't make any sense.

_not being able to bring "endgame" worthy gear to "endgame" content 

_having to invest more than 5 minutes into a looter shooter

_not noticing the many indications that are jumping from the screen to inform you of your lich's arrival (and calling it rng for some reason)

Those are not valid criticism, it's laughable. I can understand why people complain that it's repetitiv (although, it's freaking warframe guys, from it's inception it has been about repeatable content, what did you expect ?), but not those.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, (XB1)AnnabelleNewell said:

You're not the only one that doesn't like it and DE is going to make changes to it. If you have no reason to bother with the Lich system just avoid it for now and wait for the quality fixes that DE will implement sooner or later.

• Like 1

HAHAHA, after having done 37 Liches before Railjack was added, to get all the weapons. I can safely say, that I wont be doing Liches again unless new weapons are added that i need. I got 1 Ephemeral out of those 37, and frankly i dont care about trying to rng my way to the other ones, because its not worth the pain in the arse... yes i did grind the system hard to put that many done in that time frame, but there is nothing else to do  for a vet like myself... currently lazy grinding intrinsics as nothing else to do .

• Like 3

I've quit those. Having done about 20ish Liches every time killing larving with Garuda, I've yet to obtain the ephemera and I still lack a few weapons. After the Nth 1 with a dead roll I just couldn't go on.

I can't understand why some compare RJ to this. 

16 hours ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

1. It takes ~2 hours to complete a lich... if it's taking you a month because of your life outside the game, I'd hazard to guess that's not a "game is asking too much time" problem - rather an "I don't have enough time to commit to games" problem.  I.e. it's you, not Warframe.

2. They're only tanky if you let them rank up 5 times, which is completely unnecessary and only makes everything worse to begin with.  If you do get them to rank 5 they're hella tanky... but that's why ranking them up to 5 is basically optional.  The rank up system is for players who want to drag their nads through glass sand, not the average joe.  They even put in patches to make it EASIER to prevent rank ups; i.e. the downing 3 times and they flee mechanics.  In my experience you always gotta let them level atleast once to let them spread off the first planet, but that's it... I kill rank 2-3 liches all the time and they roll over for my bullets like any enemy.

3. How do you NOT know your Lich spawned????? It comes with a big arse health bar that covers 10% of the screen and your Lich messages you taunting you - THEN The game adds a big red icon to your minimap pointing them... RNG or not, there's NO excuse in the world to miss that.  3 unique cues to tell you he's there.  Pay attention when you're playing seems like the solution to this one. 

I'm not a fan of the Lich system either, but most if not all of these grievances are user generated imo.

If don't have time for it, don't do it.  If you are going to do it anyway, don't rank your lich 5 times.  If you are doing it, pay attention.  It'll make a world of difference.  

Ok first off I'm not going to sit here and argue again on forums. I came to voice my opinion on the lich system.

Secondly, I play on console, not pc. This game is laggy and I sometimes cannot catch certain things right away. I'm sorry that I didn't realize my lich spawned halfway across the map in a whole different area JUST as I'm getting into said mission.

Thirdly, my life isn't revolved around warframe and it never will be. I'm not going to sit here and aggravate myself because of a broken game mechanic. If you're that self righteous about this game, you need to get over yourself.

Like I said, I'm not here to argue, I literally voiced my opinion and you chose to berate because of what I said.

Edited by (XB1)AnnabelleNewell

22 hours ago, 844448 said:

I have a spare 27% radiation chakkhurr to share for free if we can arrange time for that

Thank you for that generous offer!

But this would also mean I have to first kill my current lich and I just cannot bring myself to do it. It was already tedious to do it while the hype lasted, but these days you can´t even find public thrall hunting groups. I think I have to skip and wait until I can abandon him!

23 hours ago, Chewarette said:

They're annoying but 200% avoidable. Anyway, they've already said they'll improve the system, unsure how yet.

Just be patient and do something else in the mean time.

I expected toxic replies until I scrolled to the comment and I was first greeted by a kind one. n i c e

And to OP:
The fact that you took that long to kill one lich shouldn't blame on your real life, as if all of the other players who are killing liches have no life. You need to note that in Warframe, there is large difficulty barrier between having the right and wrong build. Just like using toxin and radiation on infested and flame the ancient healer for being too hard to kill. I am pretty sure the weapon/frame you were using to kill the lich with was either immuned/resisted by the lich at rank5. You could always check which elements the lich is resisting.

Besides, farming murmur is rather quick. A total of 3 hours should be way more than enough, or are you suggesting you couldn't play more than 3hours in a month particularly for a lich?

Anyway, DE mentioned that they don't have any plan on the lich system yet, one of the reasons they have tons of other plans to tend to, but they know people are frustrated about it.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

I'm using him as piggybank.

20 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

that's kind of important as most people in a PUG will expect you to go for the stab. the main reason is because only One Lich can spawn in the mission at any given time, and by leaving yours, they can't get theirs. as a result, some people may call you out in Chat. it is worth going for the stab even if your sequence is incorrect, as it gives you a ton of murmur progress and some Kuva.

According to the patch note, they can.... unless there is a bug or something.

Edited by Test-995