Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secondary Warframe passive for Railjack purposes

(NSW)Belaptir

I've been thinking about this since the launch of Railjack and I finally decided to put on the paper this idea: what if every frame had a secondary passive skill that would work only when in railjack missions? Something directed to improve or, better, to make each frame more issued to join a certain role. It came to my mind when playing Vauban and doing an engineer role. I realized that with a duration/power build I could leave some nervos and turrets around the ship on the points where we usually get boarded to deal with the intruders in a more or less autonomous way. So why not make this a passive for each frame that gives you some little help while playing a certain role?

• For example, as I said, Vauban was my first idea and, given he's an engineer, his passive is aimed to help him while doing this role:
    • Autonomous Defense System: When a Vauban is on board (only while he is inside the railjack, not outside), he can control the ship's ADS, meaning that at fixed points, there will be some defensive turrets that work much like the flechette orb and scale in damage with the flechette ability of Vauban (the more damage the flechette orbs cause, the more damage the turrets will cause). These turrets have also HP and when destroyed completely, it will take 300 secs to respawn. Any omni can repair them completely at the same cost of revolite than a hull breach. If there are two or more vaubans, only one set of ADS will spawn and the system will consider for it the one with the highest damage.
  • Ember was another one that came to my mind.
    • She's a fire controlling frame so what better than her passive reducing by a 10% the heat accretion of the turrets she's using? The passive is called Heat absorption.
  • Frost passive is focused on the defense of the ship:
    • Ice shield will work as a shield gate of sorts for the Railjack. If your shields go down, once every 300 secs Frost will create an ice shield around the ship with an scaling amount of HP (still to be decided how much) and works as a secondary health pool, meaning it's affected by ship's armor. The shield lasts for 10 seconds or until it's destroyed.
  • Nyx is a mind controlling frame so her passive is something that has to do with this:
    • Turret pawns: if Nyx is piloting an enemy crewship where the enemies at the turrets are left alive, these enemies will become mind controlled and shoot at your enemies instead of the tenno.

I have a few more in mind, but before doing a too long post, I wanted to know what the Warframe community would think about these. I'm also open to suggestion for other frames. If new ideas come by, I'll try to add them to the main post with creds to the author.

• Like 1

I love idea in general but I think application of it would be unbalanced and create scenarios of LF Vauban engineer, or Ember Gunner, etc.  

I like being able to play any frame on railjack and not being forced into a frame / role.  If done right, it could be interesting, but I think it would be hard to do this right as some of the passives would be significantly better than others.  

I'd be happy with some railjack specific aura mods.  

4 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

I love idea in general but I think application of it would be unbalanced and create scenarios of LF Vauban engineer, or Ember Gunner, etc.  

I like being able to play any frame on railjack and not being forced into a frame / role.  If done right, it could be interesting, but I think it would be hard to do this right as some of the passives would be significantly better than others.  

I'd be happy with some railjack specific aura mods.  

Well, I thought about some but with the amount of frames we have, there might be a myriad of different passive skills that could be good. However, I get your point. It might be difficult to balance.

The aura mods tho... that sounds even better! Why not make those archwing auras?