Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Matchmaking, can somebody explain it?

Tamatu

Question

I have been playing some railjack: got a 96 avionics capacity with several maxed zetki mods, mkIII turrets and i am 5585 atm. Completely maxed amesha with several forma, and i use vandal with riven, or sometimes cyngas. I can solo veil now kinda, although not with a good time.

I sometimes go pubs, sometimes I host. What I noticed is that if it says there are 2-3 open squads, I often can't join. I also noticed that several planets have 0 open squads almost all the time. I also fail to get teammates more often than not if I am the host. My questions are as follows:

If there are open squads available, why can't I join?
Why are there almost no open squads all the time, is this gamemode really dead on arrival?
When I host, how come no teammates join? (the latter would mean that ppl are uninterested in your brand new content even without having to build the ship for it, which is concerning)

The most concerning aspect to me is how the matchmaker works when there are no open squads: You just get a message to launch one from your dojo or try again. Imagine if csgo, overwatch, battlefront, GTA, or any other game did this. If you didn't find a match, you'd have to click again for several minutes until you find a match or what? Why is there no matchmaker queue at all? I get that we got no servers so players have to host, but I don't see how that prevents us from having a queue to wait in until one open squad appears in the map you chose.

2 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, ToaTamatu said:

If there are open squads available, why can't I join?

I don't think anyone can give you a proper answer to that. Perhaps the ping is too high.

3 minutes ago, ToaTamatu said:

Why are there almost no open squads all the time, is this gamemode really dead on arrival?

I reckon most people are in organised squads or solo.

3 minutes ago, ToaTamatu said:

When I host, how come no teammates join?

Perhaps because of the ping, the time that you're online, the region you're in, other people being in organised squads, etc.

4 minutes ago, ToaTamatu said:

Why is there no matchmaker queue at all? I get that we got no servers so players have to host, but I don't see how that prevents us from having a queue to wait in until one open squad appears in the map you chose.

If you get that there's no servers so players have to host, then you should also understand why there's no queue. And if everyone is in queue waiting for an open squad, nobody is starting a squad because there's no open one, and everyone queues forever. If there's no open squad, you become the open squad.

• Like 1

Matchmaking on Railkack is a bit weird, maybe because we can choose to host or not.

That being said, it's not very different from the normal star chart. Most nodes are going to be empty, unless you chose the popular ones ( like, say Gian Point ).

Your region and/or time of day may also affect matchmaking, as well as ping.

When you see "open squads", that is actually a bit misleading, because it is a state that usually only lasts a few seconds if that much. Whatever time it takes between starting the mission and fill the squad, which is faster for Railjack than it is for normal missions since there is no waiting time.

Also, there's some weird bug when you try to get in a mission. It will tell you no squads available, but sometimes if you wait a few seconds even with that pop up window on, you do get on a squad.

Hope it helps.

• Like 1