Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Quartakk switching firing modes

Jadous

yeah why is this even in the game? I get that it makes the weapon "unique" but its a big disadvantage. just let us switch between auto and semi auto with the wheel button. sacrificing mobility and vision to use the semi auto, or cant aim using the auto fire is very frustrating and anti fun to use. especially after farming the weapon for many days.

Edited by Jadous
Typo

8 minutes ago, Canach said:

@Jadous Can you be a little more specific?  I have a Quartakk in the oven right now, to try this evening - the normal version, not the kuva. I don't understand what you mean exactly, but I'd like to know, thanks!

It's only for the Kuva.

The Kuva Quartakk is the Kuva Lich variant of the GrnFourBarrelRifleWeapon Quartakk quadruple burst rifle, acting as a direct upgrade. Functionally similar to the Quatz Quatz, the Kuva Quartakk also features an automatic firing mode from hip-fire, while retaining its signature burst-fire mode while aiming down sights.

7 hours ago, Canach said:

@Jadous Can you be a little more specific?  I have a Quartakk in the oven right now, to try this evening - the normal version, not the kuva. I don't understand what you mean exactly, but I'd like to know, thanks!

basically if you dont use the aim button the kuva quartakk is an automatic rifle but if u use the aim button it becomes a burst rifle. im just suggesting for them to make it possible to choose   from one the 2 types with the wheel button.

Edited by Jadous
My brain can't type sorry fixed spelling
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Canach said:

Understood, thanks guys, for the clarification - although - auto from the hip, bust zoomed SOUNDS like it would be nice... apparently clunky in actual use?

the burst is better because of more crit chance,crit damage and slightly less status but overall delivers higher dps. unfortunately u cant run and use it because you will be handicapping your mobility and speed for damage which is pretty bad. so basically you need to be standing still or moving like a turtle while using the burst mode which makes the weapon a lot weaker and less fun to use.

Edited by Jadous

If you aim, fire, let go of aim in rapid succession it's like a full auto tigris prime that destroys every enemy in seconds. Been that way since release and even though it feels like cheating to me I doubt DE will fix any of this since so many weapons are broken right now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

If you aim, fire, let go of aim in rapid succession it's like a full auto tigris prime that destroys every enemy in seconds. Been that way since release and even though it feels like cheating to me I doubt DE will fix any of this since so many weapons are broken right now.

I went to the simulation room to test that and it's legit. It gives unlimited fire rate for burst. But knowing that I still think they should fix it because if you use it for more than 5 mins the zoom will give you a headache lmao.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

Been that way since release and even though it feels like cheating to me I doubt DE will fix any of this since so many weapons are broken right now.

This is actually intended. DE went out of their way to suggest using the Quatz this way when it was released (it has the same mechanics).

EDIT: Wait, I thought you meant the other way around. Never mind.

Edited by GrayArchon
didn't read

12 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

This is actually intended. DE went out of their way to suggest using the Quatz this way when it was released (it has the same mechanics).

EDIT: Wait, I thought you meant the other way around. Never mind.

Wait seriously? Lol I guess we can abuse that "intended" mechanic then if they allowed it.

On 2020-01-21 at 12:40 PM, Jadous said:

yeah why is this even in the game?

Because it's miles better than toggle fire and a fun extra mechanic on a Kuva weapon?

I get that it makes the weapon "unique" but its a big disadvantage

It doesn't, the the Quatz has the same mechanic, and it's a huge advantage over the base Quartakk.

just let us switch between auto and semi auto with the wheel button

Why? This is faster, more fluid, and not all of us have wheel buttons. Not even all mouse users have wheel buttons.

sacrificing mobility and vision to use the semi auto

Not really either, since you don't lose any more than you would firing burst from the hip with the regular Quartakk.

or cant aim using the auto fire

You can, just pull the trigger first.

I find it much quicker with the Quartakk or Quatz to spray at one enemy, then headshot a heavy. Same move with the Tiberion has a clunky toggle between.

It's even quicker to switch to full auto when scoped - Kuva Quartakk is drop scope, start shooting, raise scope. Toggle weapons are drop scope, switch, wait a beat, scope, start shooting. As shooting is the important thing here (as we are talking full auto modes) that's ideal.

is very frustrating and anti fun to use.

Fair dos, it takes all folks and not everyone is going to love every weapon. I like it but I hated the Tiberion Prime, which I guess is right up your street.

On 2020-01-21 at 1:41 PM, Canach said:

Understood, thanks guys, for the clarification - although - auto from the hip, bust zoomed SOUNDS like it would be nice... apparently clunky in actual use?

Pick up the Quatz to try it out. That's a lot easier to get.

There's a knack to it, but once you get it having crit and status fire modes really works for it, and aim is the right place for them - 100% status chance full auto doesn't need headshots, and the crit mode that does is auto-selected when you aim. It really works for me, but obviously not for everyone.

1 hour ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Because it's miles better than toggle fire and a fun extra mechanic on a Kuva weapon?

It doesn't, the the Quatz has the same mechanic, and it's a huge advantage over the base Quartakk.

Why? This is faster, more fluid, and not all of us have wheel buttons. Not even all mouse users have wheel buttons.

Not really either, since you don't lose any more than you would firing burst from the hip with the regular Quartakk.

You can, just pull the trigger first.

I find it much quicker with the Quartakk or Quatz to spray at one enemy, then headshot a heavy. Same move with the Tiberion has a clunky toggle between.

It's even quicker to switch to full auto when scoped - Kuva Quartakk is drop scope, start shooting, raise scope. Toggle weapons are drop scope, switch, wait a beat, scope, start shooting. As shooting is the important thing here (as we are talking full auto modes) that's ideal.

Fair dos, it takes all folks and not everyone is going to love every weapon. I like it but I hated the Tiberion Prime, which I guess is right up your street.

Pick up the Quatz to try it out. That's a lot easier to get.

There's a knack to it, but once you get it having crit and status fire modes really works for it, and aim is the right place for them - 100% status chance full auto doesn't need headshots, and the crit mode that does is auto-selected when you aim. It really works for me, but obviously not for everyone.

How are you trying to even defend that mechanic. You would literally lose nothing if they let us change firing modes with the wheel button. it will just become a better and more fluid weapon to use

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jadous said:

How are you trying to even defend that mechanic

I prefer it massively to toggle.

27 minutes ago, Jadous said:

You would literally lose nothing

I would, as toggle sucks. There are good toggle weapons, go use them. I prefer this.

28 minutes ago, Jadous said:

let us change firing modes with the wheel button

What wheel button. I don't have a wheel button. But it's beside the point - I don't want to toggle fire, I don't want to alt fire, this mechanic works for me, nice work DE.

30 minutes ago, Jadous said:

. it will just become a better and more fluid weapon to use

In your opinion. Mine is different. Isn't it great that you can have the Tiberion Prime and I can have this?

• Like 2

I love the Quatz auto/semi when zoomed, I just built it and maxed it and enjoyed it as much as I anticipated. I really like the idea of switching from full auto to 'snipe' mode on zoom. I'm also really enjoying the Quartaak, but the lich quartaak may be 'difficult and time-consuming' to obtain...