Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Energy Vampire. Again.

Khranitel

My 2 cents.

Just fix its interaction with power duration mods. Right now its doing 4 pulses regardless of time which skill is working, which means that power duration mods have negative impact on amount of energy that we receive per given time. Make it so power duration mods would increase number of pulses, or just make EV not affected by them whatsoever.
Everything else about EV is fine.

Edited by Khranitel

Ditched duration mods for Focus and Stretch ever since the EV change. Having played Trinity back when duration mods made the original EV S#&$(cannot recast instance until duration expires even if target dies), I had no trouble adapting and had more than enough energy to spam Blessing whenever it's needed even with Meridian. Lots of other Trinities seem to prefer their 16 sec Blessing though, and shouldn't have their energy drain penalized or be forced to go Ogris + Rage build just because of this. +1 to EV ignoring duration mods and Aura helmet.

Agreed, these mods should be beneficial or not affect the skill at all.

I see the reasoning behind the shorter duration suggestion, but I think that the delay between pulses is actually sort of an advantage. I wouldn't want to waste energy by restoring more than I needed.

I say leave the delay between pulses constant, but allow continuity/aura helmet/constitution to increase the duration of the effect. Enough added duration = another pulse. Energy Vampire has a secondary use in that it stuns the enemy. It's Trinity's only offensive skill (Link doesn't count) and it could mean the difference between victory and defeat if you use it to stun a L120 hostile that gets too close to the pod. Cutting the stun duration down will not help that.

Check out the Hot Topics, seems that 'EV needs to be reverted back'. I can't say I'm pleased, but I'd enjoy the return of my 16 sec Blessing.

Wait, what? New EV has kinks to iron out but is a huge leap in the right direction. I really hope they keep it as it is now, it's a much better support skill in it's current implementation.

Dear DE, please don't do this again, don't just 'revert' something, work on it.