Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will console fall farther behind PC in "Fix Warframe 2020"?

(PSN)d1771Hd

The only hotfix to come to console so far in 2020 fixed infinite light speed loading and took away teneborous ephemera. None of the other changes that PC got 11 days ago have made it to console yet, effectively making railjack feel like a waste of time on console for a grand total of 33 days (the first week or so was fun until we realized nothing was going to be fixed for a WHILE). The only nice thing about this is that railjack repair is still 50p and available in the wf market. Unfortunately we still haven't gotten our wreckage avionics capacity rerolled or our railjack weapon buffed so I don't even know what's worth building. Console has always had this downside of being weeks to months behind PC and obviously this part of playing warframe on console is never going to go away, but in recent years DE has done a better job keeping console within a week or so of PC in terms of updates and hotfixes. Maybe this is an overreaction given it has only been 11 days since PC got their much needed hotfixes, but it feels like warframe has soooo much that needs fixing that the recent week or two long de_lay between PC and console is only going to grow. 

I simply wish DE would give console some kind of hint as to when a PC released update or hotfix will make it to console. #soon isn't helpful when the community has no idea whether the next hotfix is coming in the next few days or the next few weeks. If something ever comes up that pushes back a hotfix release date, I'd rather DE be transparent about it than just say the team is working really hard to get this hotfix to you.

Thankfully in the last dev stream they brought up the topic of cross save. I'm hoping for at least some type of console to PC account transfer in the next year or two. Hopefully this comes to fruition because being stuck on console warframe just feels bad at this point.

One last thing. When console finally did get the "teneborous removal" hotfix, there was no where in game that shared this change with players. I guess this could have been addressed in red text when the hotfix was being released or maybe in the patch notes when loading into the game but unless you were on the game at that time or you check the warframe forums every day, there was no way for the average player to know that the ephemera was even removed. I shared what was changed with as many players as I could but how many players do you think kept farming for the ephemera for days without realizing it was no longer available? That makes my heart sink into my stomach knowing all DE has to do is put some kind of written update into the news section or somewhere to let their players know something has changed. 

rant over. I love warframe and I have a tremendous amount of faith (maybe hope is a better word) in DE to be better in 2020 than they were in 2019, but I do worry console players, vets, and players who love lesser used warframes or mission types will get left behind in 'fix warframe 2020".

Megan talked some about this on yesterday's Xbox stream. When PC gets their next hotfix that'll be the next one console gets to catch up. Probably middle of next month we'll get another update and then we should be back on a more regular rotation. The holiday break really extended this last round out for us.

Also, don't expect cross save any time soon. One dev is looking into it on the side.

• Like 2

I agree with your frustration around the current state of the consoles versions (I am on Xbox), but I don't think they can give a better answer than "soon" on an update. I am sure many folks have noticed there is a ton of stuff that needs fixing, and they may not have an exact timeline yet of when we can expect to get the changes. If they gave a date and missed it, I think players would be more upset than they currently are.

I personally would rather see one big/good update to get us there most of the way than several small patches so I can just dig in and do my best to enjoy the grind without interruption. That being said - I hope "soon" really does make it here without too much delay.

There's still an issue where the Remote Play on Android or PC is using the Vita controls instead of the PS4 controls making it nearly impossible to do some tasks over remote play. I really hope this gets fixed and reverted back to using the ps4 controller. I know there was a small thread somewhere, but I don't remember seeing anyone acknowledge it. 

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Also, don't expect cross save any time soon. One dev is looking into it on the side.

My hope is there will be some update on the state of this by the time the next gen of console comes out. I plan to invest in a PC rather than buy a PS5 and hopefully that's not at the cost of playing warframe.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)renis jebus said:

If they gave a date and missed it, I think players would be more upset than they currently are.

That's definitely fair, I just feel like there has to be a better way than making players wait and guess as to how long it'll be before we get the content we know is coming. I lose motivation to farm or play warframe as soon as I know something was changed or improved on PC and railjack has been the latest instance of that. 

Better communication is all I really want.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)slowva said:

That's definitely fair, I just feel like there has to be a better way than making players wait and guess as to how long it'll be before we get the content we know is coming. I lose motivation to farm or play warframe as soon as I know something was changed or improved on PC and railjack has been the latest instance of that. 

Better communication is all I really want.

I pretty much feel the same way about loosing motivation to play knowing there is a better version out there. It does kinda feel like you are wasting your time when the path to the goal keeps changing on you. Hopefully, once we get past  this round of Liches and Railjack stuff, things will get back to a more predictable update schedule and we can have a better idea of when to expect the next updates.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)Serevor said:

33 days? Switch players just got Empyrean one week ago...

lol obviously that's much worse, but from what i've heard they have enough problems getting warframe to work consistently at all on switch so i'm surprised empyrean made it at all. my frustration about console (ps4 and xbox) comes from feeling like this since 2014.

• Like 1

Nothing in those hotfixes magically made railjack any good. You're not missing anything. Honestly.

You chose your platform. You chose to play in a walled off ecosystem. You chose the "special needs" platform holder that requires patch certification. If you want to stay up to date, play on an open platform like pc.

This type of stuff should be directed at console companies for keeping their platforms closed off and not trusting developers to patch their own games in a timely manner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)slowva said:

something

Dude. Here's the thing. You're upset because you got a partially working update, right? It was rushed, and so contains a lot more bugs than you are used to, right? 

So your brilliant plan is to try and rush them again to put out patches that, if rushed will also contain lots of bugs? 

Do you see why that would be a problem? 

Let them sort it for PC and roll out the major patch when they know what they're doing. 

• Like 3

Meanwhile I already lost any interest in Railjack.

Like, the only thing that really missing is a 100 cap vidar reactor (I got 93) and a Zetki Hyperstrike (only got the Lavan one, thx RNGesus)

Other than that I got all I need, completed every mission node for RJ at least once, I'm getting tired of Gian Point and Kasio's Rest, and matchmaking is still broken. "No squad found" my butt, I can see those 7 open squads.

And maybe that Dax Assault Rifle from a galleon, only got the sword.

And all this took me about a week. Literally YEARS of teasing and then I lose all interest within a week.

Phase 3 better be good.

And not to mention the bugs. A dozen fixes and I see exactly no improvement, at all.

Edited by o0Despair0o
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Dude. Here's the thing. You're upset because you got a partially working update, right? It was rushed, and so contains a lot more bugs than you are used to, right? 

So your brilliant plan is to try and rush them again to put out patches that, if rushed will also contain lots of bugs? 

Let them sort it for PC and roll out the major patch when they know what they're doing. 

The way they released railjack was a mistake. Clearly released months too early. Letting it sit over the holidays made it worse. They are aware of that and we're all hopeful that doesn't happen again. So of course I don't want them to rush ANYTHING out. But if we're not getting any hotfixes on console for another week or two or three, that would be nice to know. Plus, all of the changes I am expecting in the next console hotfix already came out on PC 11 days ago, and the first railjack changes that we still haven't gotten came out on PC 2 days after console got empyrean right before they went on holiday. We're getting lapped by PC on hotfixes.

It's totally understandable if DE needs more time to double check everything before bringing it to console, but the lack of communication, both on streams and forum posts, is disheartening. From watching some of the ps4 @ 4 stream, it sounds like they has no idea when the next hotfix is coming, at least from the community team side.

Im not sure what brilliant plan you think I came up with. I just wish DE was more transparent with their community (and internally with their community team) about when to expect hotfixes, updates, or changes. Nobody should expect exact dates or even estimated time lines to be set in stone, but not giving anything at all isn't any better.

Edited by (PS4)slowva
typo

20 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Meanwhile I already lost any interest in Railjack.

Like, the only thing that really missing is a 100 cap vidar reactor (I got 93) and a Zetki Hyperstrike (only got the Lavan one, thx RNGesus)

Other than that I got all I need, completed every mission node for RJ at least once, I'm getting tired of Gian Point and Kasio's Rest, and matchmaking is still broken. "No squad found" my butt, I can see those 7 open squads.

And maybe that Dax Assault Rifle from a galleon, only got the sword.

And all this took me about a week. Literally YEARS of teasing and then I lose all interest within a week.

Phase 3 better be good.

And not to mention the bugs. A dozen fixes and I see exactly no improvement, at all.

Between the bugs that need to be fixed and the amount of features they presented at tennocon and elsewhere that just are not present, it feels like railjack is following in archwings footsteps. The lack of mission variety, and how they left console behind just to fix the mess they made on PC, just feels very familiar. It sounds like they at least have a plan to keep working on it, but if PC is already loosing interest then how long before DE abandons it for the new war or duvri? Railjack has (or had) a ton of potential, but releasing it like this (clearly months too early) may be why they stop working on it all together in 6 months.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)slowva said:

The way they released railjack was a mistake. Clearly released months too early. Letting it sit over the holidays made it worse. They are aware of that and we're all hopeful that doesn't happen again.

Says you. I had a blast playing railjack for the last month, bugs and all. 

Got myself a cool ship with cool weapons and some cool avionics. Got quite a few nice drops for the parts but I been holding out for better. 

Got myself a fair way in the intrinsics, and got to be competent, under what are less than ideal conditions. So when things improve, Imma probably have a blast. 

If you have had a terrible time, which I really doubt, I feel bad for you, but not so bad that I'd give back the time I had to get a nice start. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, IIDMOII said:

Nothing in those hotfixes magically made railjack any good. You're not missing anything. Honestly.

You chose your platform. You chose to play in a walled off ecosystem. You chose the "special needs" platform holder that requires patch certification. If you want to stay up to date, play on an open platform like pc.

This type of stuff should be directed at console companies for keeping their platforms closed off and not trusting developers to patch their own games in a timely manner.

**unknowingly chose** the platform. Don't treat me like a idiot for only being able to afford a PS4 back while I was still in school lol. When i started playing warframe in 2014, I, 1. didn't know I'd get this invested into warframe, and 2. didn't realize this would be a problem or that it would annoy me 5 years later. I love warframe, but not enough to start over on PC. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Megan talked some about this on yesterday's Xbox stream. When PC gets their next hotfix that'll be the next one console gets to catch up. Probably middle of next month we'll get another update and then we should be back on a more regular rotation. The holiday break really extended this last round out for us.

Which is strange since Danielle said they still don’t know when PS4 will get the updates because (and I quote) “it’s tricky.”

I know it’s a different console but argh.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Like they will know what they are doing any time soon.

The point being that DE pushed this update out way too early and part of the responsibility for doing that is to properly support it with updates and hotfixes. If DE couldn't commit to that then the update should not have been released. PC got the updates and hotfixes, and the PS4 version is over 6 years old now so it's not like DE was surprised by how the console update process works at this point.

You can't possibly blame the players for expecting more from DE. The very least they can do at this point is to try and fix Empyrean in whatever way they can. So far we have been left for a month without updates, and when they do finally release one we get an ephemera removal and minor exploit fix, not any of the quality of life fixes that are so desperately needed.

Or are you really worried that doubling the resource rewards, adding avionics markers, and reducing the reactor RNG would be too risky to add?

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Says you. I had a blast playing railjack for the last month, bugs and all. 

Got myself a cool ship with cool weapons and some cool avionics. Got quite a few nice drops for the parts but I been holding out for better. 

Got myself a fair way in the intrinsics, and got to be competent, under what are less than ideal conditions. So when things improve, Imma probably have a blast. 

If you have had a terrible time, which I really doubt, I feel bad for you, but not so bad that I'd give back the time I had to get a nice start. 

I don't discount your opinion. Im glad you like it. The more people that keep playing it, the more incentive de has to keep fixing it. There's a lot I like about railjack, I never said I had a terrible time. For me, it's just hard to want to play and farm for anything that's had it's drop chance doubled on PC, especially when my avionics cap is still 30 bc RNG hasn't been touch on ps4 while it has on PC. Does that make sense as to why I'm frustrated here?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Like they will know what they are doing any time soon.

More than they did when it released. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

The point being that DE pushed this update out way too early and part of the responsibility for doing that is to properly support it with updates and hotfixes. If DE couldn't commit to that then the update should not have been released. PC got the updates and hotfixes, and the PS4 version is over 6 years old now so it's not like DE was surprised by how the console update process works at this point.

My foot. The release though buggy is playable and the people who are likely to enjoy it, seem to be enjoying it, and thriving. 

The patches that we get have to be certified which is out of their immediate control, and so, rather than trying to push patches that don't actually improve the situation, they should batch it so that we get a solid update that is a major improvement. 

That's how it's always been, there's no surprise at all, except for coming from the people who can't figure out why demanding that they rush the patches is a really bad idea. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

You can't possibly blame the players for expecting more from DE. The very least they can do at this point is to try and fix Empyrean in whatever way they can. So far we have been left for a month without updates, and when they do finally release one we get an ephemera removal and minor exploit fix, not any of the quality of life fixes that are so desperately needed.

Or are you really stating that doubling the resource rewards, adding avionics markers, and reducing the reactor RNG would be too risky to add?

And of those only the first was something that the PC crew has had for such a long time. Yes it would have been a great thing to have had all along, but certainly nothing worth crying about. 

The lack of markers, you already know that I blame the other players for skipping the "loot" aspect of our looter shooter game. How is it that some of us have the capacity to collect the drops, and keep a ship topped up at the end, but others leave the metaphorical cupboards bare, while rushing to refine to enrich themselves? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, (PS4)slowva said:

I don't discount your opinion. Im glad you like it. The more people that keep playing it, the more incentive de has to keep fixing it. There's a lot I like about railjack, I never said I had a terrible time. For me, it's just hard to want to play and farm for anything that's had it's drop chance doubled on PC, especially when my avionics cap is still 30 bc RNG hasn't been touch on ps4 while it has on PC. Does that make sense as to why I'm frustrated here?

Why should it bother anyone what PC has? That's as ridiculous as being upset because you live in a country that doesn't have some monument they have in the next country. We'll get what they have soon enough. Let PC players be the guinea pigs, the way they always were. 

Managing the wreckage cap isn't difficult if you visit the dojo every so often, and the console in the host's dojo works fine for inspecting and scrapping the assorted flotsam that you collect. So the squad can easily stick together through several runs if you so choose. 

If you can't put away your little green eyed monster because someone else has something that you don't, and can't just enjoy the game mode, maybe it's not something that you really want to do? 

• Like 2

yes, the waiting is a real pain.. but it will be worth it when it comes, and Railjack can start being fixed. I just hope DE learned a lesson or two from this: NEVER rush out an update and leave it over the holidays, because it just means the new year will start with a real mess that takes forever to clean up. if in doubt, keep working on it over and over until you know it's right (or as right as it's going to be), rather than saying "eh, it'll do" and throwing it to the players.

no more rushing. rushing doesn't work, even for big AAA companies much larger than DE, so why it still happens in the game industry is baffling.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (PS4)slowva said:

The only hotfix to come to console so far in 2020 fixed infinite light speed loading and took away teneborous ephemera. None of the other changes that PC got 11 days ago have made it to console yet, effectively making railjack feel like a waste of time on console for a grand total of 33 days (the first week or so was fun until we realized nothing was going to be fixed for a WHILE). The only nice thing about this is that railjack repair is still 50p and available in the wf market. Unfortunately we still haven't gotten our wreckage avionics capacity rerolled or our railjack weapon buffed so I don't even know what's worth building. Console has always had this downside of being weeks to months behind PC and obviously this part of playing warframe on console is never going to go away, but in recent years DE has done a better job keeping console within a week or so of PC in terms of updates and hotfixes. Maybe this is an overreaction given it has only been 11 days since PC got their much needed hotfixes, but it feels like warframe has soooo much that needs fixing that the recent week or two long de_lay between PC and console is only going to grow. 

I simply wish DE would give console some kind of hint as to when a PC released update or hotfix will make it to console. #soon isn't helpful when the community has no idea whether the next hotfix is coming in the next few days or the next few weeks. If something ever comes up that pushes back a hotfix release date, I'd rather DE be transparent about it than just say the team is working really hard to get this hotfix to you.

Thankfully in the last dev stream they brought up the topic of cross save. I'm hoping for at least some type of console to PC account transfer in the next year or two. Hopefully this comes to fruition because being stuck on console warframe just feels bad at this point.

One last thing. When console finally did get the "teneborous removal" hotfix, there was no where in game that shared this change with players. I guess this could have been addressed in red text when the hotfix was being released or maybe in the patch notes when loading into the game but unless you were on the game at that time or you check the warframe forums every day, there was no way for the average player to know that the ephemera was even removed. I shared what was changed with as many players as I could but how many players do you think kept farming for the ephemera for days without realizing it was no longer available? That makes my heart sink into my stomach knowing all DE has to do is put some kind of written update into the news section or somewhere to let their players know something has changed. 

rant over. I love warframe and I have a tremendous amount of faith (maybe hope is a better word) in DE to be better in 2020 than they were in 2019, but I do worry console players, vets, and players who love lesser used warframes or mission types will get left behind in 'fix warframe 2020".

Again and again...DE CANNOT CIRCUMVENT THE CERTIFICATION PROCESS.

DE has entire teams dedicated to specific platforms and the extra financial, legal and technological steps needed.  Let’s not forget that Warframe shipped with the initial PS4 launch.  It’s still a good relationship for both sides but added effort is required.

There ALSO are contractual hurdles present for Tennogen creators that result in a “take-it-or-leave-it” one-time pay-out.

• Like 1

@guzmantt1977 nobody is crying. The forums are here for the community to voice praise, critiques, ideas, problems, etc. Saying you don't have a problem with a lot of this is fine, that's your opinion, but arguing against our issues with the game that are clearly issues and telling us to stop crying and just wait for de to fix it isn't constructive just fyi. Some people are fine with bugs and can play through them, others can't or don't want to. Chill dude. We just want Warframe to be better.