Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Chroma Rework We Need

(PSN)FogelMcUr

Okay, so it's common knowledge that Chroma needs some tweaking, so here are my ideas for a rework. This concept may sound abit overpowered, (I tried to balance it) but Chroma should BE OP. He is a Dragon Overlord for fsake's let him have his glory. Another thing would be to reduce the Chroma parts from relics, and make the Prime a rare Frame, Basic Chroma is waaay harder to get, and Primes should have there respect.

So anyways, here are my ideas:

Passive: - The element/color scheme stays, but Chroma gets a 80% Damage Reduction against chosen elements proccing. - Mixed elements also get in the game by two energy colors: Blast, Corrosive, Gas, Magnetic, Radiation, Viral (Would affect 1st,2nd,4th abilities)

1st. Spectral Scream - The Screams becomes chargable by holding down casting button. - Chroma gathers a deep breath and unleashes a cone of chosen element type dealing 100/150/200/250 damage which can be charged to 300% in 3 seconds. -SC stays the same. -Range 5/8/10/15m -Drain: 10

Augment: Royal Rampage - Chroma is able to wield melee weapons during Spectral Scream for double energy cost, direction of scream is determined by crosshair. - Drains: 20

2nd. Elemental Ward: - Chosen Damage Dealt would be 50/100/150/200 with 5/10/15/20 status chance - Fire: same, Elec: would work like Wisps, Toxin: same, Cold: same - Blast/Radiation: melee attacks on Chroma can proc Blast/Rad Dmg to enemies with 15/20/30/40% chance - Corrosive: Armor Reduction, Gas: +stun effect, Magnetic: Shield Reduction, Viral: Viral... - Drains: 50

Augment: Securing Ward: - Ward can be casted on allies with full duration,but with 50% Dmg effect. - Can't be casted in an aura, just directly on allie. -Drains 50

3rd. Vex Armor: - Would basically stay as it is.

Augment: - Active Vex Armor would gather 50% of incoming damage, Dealing it to enemies in aura when recasted.

4th. Effigy - Chroma casts his effigy, which comes alive, as other frames doubles, Helping out from the air in combat, or defending a position. - The Effigy would have a light holographic replica of chroma's frame attached even after splitting up, Chroma would also have the holographic effigy still on him. - Drains: 80

Augment: True Form - Chroma rises up with his Effigy on his back, to hover over the battlefield. Could be controlled like Hildryn just with a flapping effect. - In Hover Mode Effigy's Scream could be used manually, while also able to wield secondary weapons.
Drains: 100

So this is kinda it, feel free to share your views about it below 🙂

Edited by (PS4)FogelMcUr

38 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

DE don't give a F about Chroma x) So many rework topics and they are still ignoring the situation.

The problem is Croma is unreworkable because his 3 is as powerfull as an entire kit but the rest of his kit sucks ( both his 1 and 4 make him weaker and his 2 is boring and weak ).

If DE nerfs his 3 to relocate power the community outcry will be legendary if they give him any amount of meaninfull power to his 1 and 4 he will be to powerfull. The hope Chroma had for a proper rework was During the last rework since DE endured the out cry to protect their ( at the time ) precios child ( the eidolons ). But they choose a half assed rework that did not fix any of his problems and made him a even worse desing failure ( at least people had to manage shields in old chroma , new chroma removes that and fails to be aura bot ).

15 hours ago, keikogi said:

The problem is Croma is unreworkable because his 3 is as powerfull as an entire kit but the rest of his kit sucks ( both his 1 and 4 make him weaker and his 2 is boring and weak ).

If DE nerfs his 3 to relocate power the community outcry will be legendary if they give him any amount of meaninfull power to his 1 and 4 he will be to powerfull. The hope Chroma had for a proper rework was During the last rework since DE endured the out cry to protect their ( at the time ) precios child ( the eidolons ). But they choose a half assed rework that did not fix any of his problems and made him a even worse desing failure ( at least people had to manage shields in old chroma , new chroma removes that and fails to be aura bot ).

I tried to keep that in mind, that's why I didn't touched his 3rd really. I think the tweaks I added aren't about making him more powerful, more about being versatile, useful and fun.

- For the Passive:

Every frame should have atleast a 80% elemental resistance according to frame type. It's just ridiculous playing Ember, running around blazing flames, and have a fire proc on you draining your health... 

- You could say that Spectral + melee are op but look at Saryn. It could be balanced like reduced range for the cone. Screaming in everyones face while playing jesus on a cross does not look good. 

- Adding more elements make him reliable against every enemy type, which if too much, they could exclude Corr and Viral. 

- Ward would get a small buff, bit better sc but casting on others gets more limited. 

- Improvement for Vex would be the augment, of which the damage would not be absorbed, just stored. 

- His 4th is kinda dumb rn, it should use his separate AI like Wukong or Equinox. This would be limited to movement, Scream(stun) , and hold position. 

4th augment would just give a freedom of movement, Scream is toggle, and you can only use secondary weapons which is more limited than popping an archwing in an open world. 

So I don't say the balance is perfect, but the mechanics used here are nothing new, so i think it wouldn't be that hard to implement... 

Edited by (PS4)FogelMcUr